The Dreaded Chaperone

No name
Posted
Posted
Since I've been back the last couple of weeks, I have had many opportunities to meet different girls be it from online sites or just when I'm out in public. I understand the customs of girls being chaperoned, but its gets old very quick.I have been on a few of these dates and many times the chaperone/friend/cousin is more talkative than the one I am supposed to meet. There have even been a few times that I was more attracted to the chaperone, but do I dare try to cross that line? Is there an easy way to switch my focus on the other girl without offending or hurting anyone?:yes:
I would set the meeting up in a public place. I would accept ONE chaperon on the first meeting. If she continues with that, forget it.You could give the chaperon your business card with local phone number and email address and Yahoo Messenger is a good thing to add. Let her contact you.It will take time dealing with the ladies. You need to establish friendship and respect first. If you are not here long term, that might be hard to do.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Since I've been back the last couple of weeks, I have had many opportunities to meet different girls be it from online sites or just when I'm out in public. I understand the customs of girls being chaperoned, but its gets old very quick.I have been on a few of these dates and many times the chaperone/friend/cousin is more talkative than the one I am supposed to meet. There have even been a few times that I was more attracted to the chaperone, but do I dare try to cross that line? Is there an easy way to switch my focus on the other girl without offending or hurting anyone?The real problem is that it becomes difficult to even get a meeting with some girls if you are not willing to accept the third wheel and then its harder to really know the girl because the third wheel is so distractive. It also becomes a more expensive date because you are expected to pay for the extra meal or whatever the activity expense is.If I can even quickly determine that I like her enough to see her again, when and how can I move past this third wheel for more private time? I know there are many who have faced this akward situation and I'm interested to know how you have dealt with it. If any of you guys have any thoughts, suggestions, advice or even stories on this, please share.:o
I did not have that problem coz I just offered to meet them in Ayala mall & sit by the fountain & talk & walk around a bit but I suspected eyes following us while walking around some of the time. there are some good ladies there but be prepared for their families to ask them for money once they are with you & that was my problem coz I was on a tight budget & the peso exchange kept going down so now I am back in the US good luck

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Since I've been back the last couple of weeks, I have had many opportunities to meet different girls be it from online sites or just when I'm out in public. I understand the customs of girls being chaperoned, but its gets old very quick.I have been on a few of these dates and many times the chaperone/friend/cousin is more talkative than the one I am supposed to meet. There have even been a few times that I was more attracted to the chaperone, but do I dare try to cross that line? Is there an easy way to switch my focus on the other girl without offending or hurting anyone?The real problem is that it becomes difficult to even get a meeting with some girls if you are not willing to accept the third wheel and then its harder to really know the girl because the third wheel is so distractive. It also becomes a more expensive date because you are expected to pay for the extra meal or whatever the activity expense is.If I can even quickly determine that I like her enough to see her again, when and how can I move past this third wheel for more private time? I know there are many who have faced this akward situation and I'm interested to know how you have dealt with it. If any of you guys have any thoughts, suggestions, advice or even stories on this, please share.:o
I did not have that problem coz I just offered to meet them in Ayala mall & sit by the fountain & talk & walk around a bit but I suspected eyes following us while walking around some of the time. there are some good ladies there but be prepared for their families to ask them for money once they are with you & that was my problem coz I was on a tight budget & the peso exchange kept going down so now I am back in the US good luck
Did you ever try just saying no? I've done it. Sometimes it's the right thing and they respect you for it. I've helped plenty of friends in time of need but I didn't work my whole life to just give it away to anyone who asks.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Nah! Don't pussy foot around! Just tell her and all of them what you really want! Just kidding! I courted my wife for 6 years long distance before we got married, because when she was just 18 yrs old when we first met, I knew she wasn't ready yet for a relationship, so I waited! And when she was 24, I saw that she was ready, I didn't pussy foot around! We got married within 72 hours from the time I popped the question to her, her parents and close relatives! 22 years later, we're here in the Philippines retired and still enjoying life!
Art........ You, my friend, are a true old-school gentleman. tiphat.gif I think the Forum needs to get some investors together and produce a movie of your courtship and marriage.... modeled on the old Jimmy Stewart movie - Its a Wonderful Life. 23_11_60[2].gifYour friend, Tom

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)
Did you ever try just saying no? I've done it. Sometimes it's the right thing and they respect you for it. I've helped plenty of friends in time of need but I didn't work my whole life to just give it away to anyone who asks.
I think that was directed at me yes I told her I could not afford much many times & showed her my bills & my bank account online showing my check coming in each month & I always gave her small amounts for travel + extra but the emergencies from the family continued & got more expensive each time & to make it clear she was not asking but her family was & whenever she was with me she would get text after text & I could see the hurt in her eys so I would ask who they were from & she never wanted to talk about it so I thought it was another guy coz she very often started crying when the messages came in & it got to where she did not want to look at her phone & then finally admitted it was her family asking for money again & let me read some of them not that I knew how but I could make some of it out & who it was from & that happened whenever they knew she was with me. it got so bad that I could not stand to be with her & see her cry & told her to not tell them she was with me & that worked a few times & no text messages but then her friend saw us walking in Ayala & soon there after the texts started & she got in trouble for being with me without telling them. it is very sad that familes can be such blood suckers & not care at all that they are ruining their daughters lives or chances for a better life & only think of us as atm's. it hurt me a lot to see the pain in her eyes when she got a text so we are still friends & email every now & then & she says she loves me & I feel the same but I told her I will never be able to deal with her families constant demands so we can only be friends & told her that I hope she finds a rich guy but she wants me so she says. ooppps got to run to work now bye & I guess the good thing was no chaperone  Edited by Mr. Lee
edit at members request to bring on topic after phone call from him

No name
Posted
Posted

A couple of days ago a girl asked me to take her out on a date and that she would bring her cousin.I told her I would only take her.She then said but I might get bored "if she not come." I told her to go on a date with her cousin. :)She then asked me how much my salary was. LOL :o I didn't reply.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Nah! Don't pussy foot around! Just tell her and all of them what you really want! Just kidding! I courted my wife for 6 years long distance before we got married, because when she was just 18 yrs old when we first met, I knew she wasn't ready yet for a relationship, so I waited! And when she was 24, I saw that she was ready, I didn't pussy foot around! We got married within 72 hours from the time I popped the question to her, her parents and close relatives! 22 years later, we're here in the Philippines retired and still enjoying life!
Art........ You, my friend, are a true old-school gentleman. tiphat.gif I think the Forum needs to get some investors together and produce a movie of your courtship and marriage.... modeled on the old Jimmy Stewart movie - Its a Wonderful Life. 23_11_60[2].gifYour friend, Tom
Back in those days, I was a patient and a frugal kind of guy! So you see, I had to take my time before I made a move into a commitment for a lifetime! So, the wait was worth it! Yup! Now we're retired and enjoying the fruits of my labor! You see, my wife never had to work at all the time we lived in California! Life is grand when a plan comes together! And the grandest thing of it all was that I was able to retire at age 49! My meager pension was just enough to make it in the Philippines back in 1998 when the dollar exchange rate was in the 51 peso to the dollar range! And to date, my pension has doubled making life a whole lot wonderful! Yup, it sure is a James Stewart movie - "It's a Wonderful Life"! Art The Happy Camper!Now, how can I get lucky to hit the Super Lotto when I don't even buy lotto tickets? I did get a text scam on my celph last week that I won P780,000! It didn't pan out because theirDTI-NCR permit # was invalid according to on-line!DAMN SCAMMERS! Edited by Fil/AmArt