Cdo Expats' Ladies Christmas Day On December 28

daisy
Posted
Posted

We will be sharing the Holidays with the children of the CDO poorest of the poor which will be on December 28 2008. We originally plan the venue to be held at Spooks, but after our series of meetings and discussions we came up with the idea that instead of bringing them to the downtown CDO, we will come and visit them in their area and bring Jollibee or Mc Donalds to them! We will also be bringing gifts to them aside from the food! We hope to be able to cater 100 kids in the Landfill area of Carmen, CDO. So far, our donors explicitly told me not to post their names but the Ladies knew them all as we started the fund-raising for the event last Friday at the TGIF gathering. Come join us in making this event a beginning of the CDO Expats Charities organized by your ladies! Cash donations or any kinds are welcome. -:th_signs083: Happy Holidays and CHEERS!!! Daisy

daisy
Posted
Posted

I took charge of the fund raising. I started it last Friday at Spooks and I was able to collect 3,750.00 pesos. This morning at the floating restaurant, I collected 2,050. Estimated amount to feed 100 kids is 15 to 20 thousand, gifts for their family included....still a far way to go. any help or amount is greatly appreciated.CHEERS!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I took charge of the fund raising. I started it last Friday at Spooks and I was able to collect 3,750.00 pesos. This morning at the floating restaurant, I collected 2,050. Estimated amount to feed 100 kids is 15 to 20 thousand, gifts for their family included....still a far way to go. any help or amount is greatly appreciated.CHEERS!
Hi tweetyCan you tell us how to donate as I'm not in the Philippines.????There are so many children all over the world that need help; not just at this time of the year but all year long.Regrettably sometimes one has to turn a blind eye as the problems are so much bigger than the average pocket.How about it, members of the forum, lets make a little difference to the lives of some children in the Philippines.Even though we cant be there to place a smile on all the children's faces throughout the world I'm sure we can make a difference and feel good in our selves for doing so on this occasion.Donation on behalf of the Welcome to the Philippines forum is on its way as soon I can find out how to get it to you. xmastree.gif

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks so much Tom.I visited the site yesterday with another expat's lady just to find out that our 100 kids target is just half of the actual children living in that area because there are more than 200 hungry children there living on extreme poverty. Here's one reply I've had......

Hello Daisy, I would like to suggest about the expats group will do this coming Dec.28 to donate foods to the less fortunate children here in our place at Landfill Carmen.I lived here for 8 years already and i know they will be surely happy if they will experienced to received fresh products of JOLLIBEE,sad to say they were only ate the left over or the dumb foods here in landfill.It is very good also to bring rice and canned goods for their family.I am interested to guide you all and help.May God Bless us all Claire Pabilona
Tom, you can just send it thru me and please do cc your information to one CDO expat for their reference! I sent you PM.CHEERS! Edited by tweety

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Daisy, I suggest that you set up a paypal account to make it easy for people to donate to the charities you are involved with. As I told you in a past pm, I am in for a donation for this and I hope other members will donate as well and be generous because children always hit a soft spot in my heart and Philippine children hit a double soft spot for me and need all our help. The paypal account would probably also help your bra business, although I guess most people probably only buy those in person. PayPal works great and Tom finally set one up for this forum for people to donate to help him with the costs of running it and it makes it very easy to transfer money no matter what country people are in. I know, I use PayPal all the time to pay for things and make donations. Either way, we will see you in March and give you the money for this and for the school charity you do, if we cannot get you the money any other way sooner since we are in the US right now.Daisy, you are a great person to be helping so many Filipinos. :( God bless you always.

retired
Posted
Posted
Daisy, I suggest that you set up a paypal account to make it easy for people to donate to the charities you are involved with. As I told you in a past pm, I am in for a donation for this and I hope other members will donate as well and be generous because children always hit a soft spot in my heart and Philippine children hit a double soft spot for me and need all our help. The paypal account would probably also help your bra business, although I guess most people probably only buy those in person. PayPal works great and Tom finally set one up for this forum for people to donate to help him with the costs of running it and it makes it very easy to transfer money no matter what country people are in. I know, I use PayPal all the time to pay for things and make donations. Either way, we will see you in March and give you the money for this and for the school charity you do, if we cannot get you the money any other way sooner since we are in the US right now.Daisy, you are a great person to be helping so many Filipinos. :( God bless you always.
I will answer the suggestion regarding PayPal as the reason we do not have an account is entirely my fault . Several months ago we opened an account at a local Cagayan De Oro bank specifically to tie it to a pay pal account . At that time it appeared to be the only bank in cdo offering that arrangement . We do not use credit cards so that option was the only one available to us .To make a long story short after depositing $200 and waiting two damn months and still not being able to receive our bank card much less set up the paypal account i instructed my wife to tell them to " stuff it " . Perhaps an over reaction on my part but i get pissed at banks in this country for using your money as asset on the books while providing miserable service . I might add that in checking out the possibility of getting a Philippine bank based credit card that i found far to many merchants at the international level will not accept them . I leave it up to the reader to figure out why that might be . :-)I do agree Daisy needs for all her business and charity efforts . Maybe i can talk her into a business account of some sort .

daisy
Posted
Posted

In behalf of the Ladies of CDO Expats, I would like to acknowledge the 2,500 pesos I received from Tom and another 2,500 pesos from Lee. We are almost half way to feeding 200 kids. :thumbsup:

daisy
Posted
Posted

Total amount received so far is 14,600 pesos. I've made final arrangement with jollibee and partially paid them. YES! we will be having a party with 200 kids on Dec 28, 2PM complete with games, prizes and Mascot for 30 minutes! CHEERS!

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

Way to go, Daisy! Please check your email. I sent you one..

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here are some pictures of the December 28 CDO Expats' Ladies Christmas day at Landfill, Cagayan de Oro City. Thanks Missy for being the official photographer! :th_exactly: In behalf of he CDO Expats' Ladies, thank you so much for supporting our little attempt of making a difference to our less fortunate fellow Filipino children. By the way, I am a transparency advocate, so even if you don't ask, here's wherethe money that I was able to raise for the event goes:Total amount raised for the event........,,,,,,,.......................,,,20,720.001.Jollibee payment for 200 kids @ 101p/meal with 5% discount...19,190.00p2.Transportation budget during the event.................................. 300.00p3.cloth for the streamer(printing is paid by Cherry Ann Edwards)....... 87.00p4.Transportation and Communication during the preparation.............700.00pTotal expenses....................................................................20,277.00pExtra cash .............................................................................443.00p Special thanks to Boss Man and Lee! CHEERS 2009!

post-70-1230817418_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817463_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817502_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817537_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817647_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817706_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817760_thumb.jpg

post-70-1230817824_thumb.jpg

Edited by tweety