Shipping Flat Screen Tv To Philippines Via Balikbayan Box

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, we have 3 old analog auto volt TVs in our home, a 20", 25" and a 29" we bought here in the Philippines 5 to 10 yrs ago and they are still working fine and has good reception too, because of the new digitized signal our cable company has out now just a year and a half ago which is as good as HD! So, I have no need to change or replace what ain't broke yet! Eventually though, we'll get a big screen LED TV, no smaller than 42 inches! Who knows, maybe for this Christmas or after New Years if there's a big sale going on that I can't pass up!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yeah, we have 3 old analog auto volt TVs in our home, a 20", 25" and a 29" we bought here in the Philippines 5 to 10 yrs ago and they are still working fine and has good reception too, because of the new digitized signal our cable company has out now just a year and a half ago which is as good as HD! So, I have no need to change or replace what ain't broke yet! Eventually though, we'll get a big screen LED TV, no smaller than 42 inches! Who knows, maybe for this Christmas or after New Years if there's a big sale going on that I can't pass up!
OK Art, from a Navy puke to an Air Force puke, I'm giving you marching orders to canvas a good price for that 42" LCD. I know youmentioned LED but I don't think they're selling that technology yet (light emitting diodes vs florescence tubes for back lighting).Make sure you write down the store and location, sales person (preferable female) and price for extended warranty if any. Thismission order is vital to our mutual interest of maintaining our S-S relationship.Go get 'um tiger -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
OK Art, from a Navy puke to an Air Force puke, I'm giving you marching orders to canvas a good price for that 42" LCD. I know youmentioned LED but I don't think they're selling that technology yet (light emitting diodes vs florescence tubes for back lighting).Make sure you write down the store and location, sales person (preferable female) and price for extended warranty if any. Thismission order is vital to our mutual interest of maintaining our S-S relationship.Go get 'um tiger -- Jake
LED vs LCD? Look here http://www.lcdtvbuyi...led-vs-lcd.html, but I now know the difference! Ay Ay Captain Sir, I will report back to you of my findings! Oh yes, has to be a female sales person! SugarwareZ-037.gif

unowned
Posted
Posted

Hi guys. I'm also planning in buying a 46" TV in the US and shipping it to Philippines. Does anyone know how much the shipping cost? Are there any extra fees? Is it safe to ship it with just the original tv box? Please help. Thank you.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi guys. I'm also planning in buying a 46" TV in the US and shipping it to Philippines. Does anyone know how much the shipping cost? Are there any extra fees? Is it safe to ship it with just the original tv box? Please help. Thank you.
In the first post in this thread HERE Old55 said he shipped his and stated the fees he paid including customs fees. Possibly others will also answer, but I would guess it will depend on where you are shipping from and where to and what shipper you use. We use Forex for all our boxes and it might be worth a phone call to them to get an idea what they would charge you and if it would be worthwhile for you to go that route. My wife and I bought our TV in the Philippines and while I know we paid more than it would have cost in the US, we did not have any hassles and IMO the Philippines needs to make some money too, so as to improve the country, so I guess it is a double edged sword of sorts.

unowned
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the first post in this thread HERE Old55 said he shipped his and stated the fees he paid including customs fees. Possibly others will also answer, but I would guess it will depend on where you are shipping from and where to and what shipper you use. We use Forex for all our boxes and it might be worth a phone call to them to get an idea what they would charge you and if it would be worthwhile for you to go that route. My wife and I bought our TV in the Philippines and while I know we paid more than it would have cost in the US, we did not have any hassles and IMO the Philippines needs to make some money too, so as to improve the country, so I guess it is a double edged sword of sorts.
Hi Sir Lee, thanks. I checked their site and it was under maintenance. Guess i need to give them a call. :( Edited by Mr. Lee
repair quotes.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Sir Lee, thanks. I checked their site and it was under maintenance. Guess i need to give them a call. :(
Try THIS link or THIS link and Manila Forwarders HERE is another shipper.

unowned
Posted
Posted

Thank you again Sir Lee. Already sent them an email regarding my request. I'll just wait for their reply. Once again thank you very much for your help. :(

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

The flat screen TV arrived in Cebu this week. It works perfect and there were no issues from Philippines customs or the shipper and they brought it right up to the front door.We have dealt with Forex the past five years or so and find them to be honest and dependable. Our local Forex rep told us they ship flat screen TV’s weekly and most people just use the manufactures carton. The process has changed and you must claim the item like we did and pay the customs fee and insurance in order to ship electronics. I guess you could lie but why risk it?I would not buy a large TV in Philippines knowing what I know now the savings of buying one in the States and shipping it over are worth while.

Edited by Old55

Jake
Posted
Posted
The flat screen TV arrived in Cebu this week. It works perfect and there were no issues from Philippines customs or the shipper and they brought it right up to the front door.We have dealt with Forex the past five years or so and find them to be honest and dependable. Our local Forex rep told us they ship flat screen TV’s weekly and most people just use the manufactures carton. The process has changed and you must claim the item like we did and pay the customs fee and insurance in order to ship electronics. I guess you could lie but why risk it?I would not buy a large TV in Philippines knowing what I know now the savings of buying one in the States and shipping it over are worth while.
Thanks for the update Old55. Declaring the item if you want insurance is sound advice and also gives you peace of mindof positive delivery. You made my decision process much easier now.Salamat PO -- Jake