New Forum On The Block

Peabody
Posted
Posted

Hey GuysI have the Bossmans permission to announce the opening of a new forum of which I am a co owner of.We also have a website in the making but have decided to open the forum before the website is completed as it will be an ongoing project anyway.Check us out here, http://americanslivingincebu.com/forum/Website in the making, http://americanslivingincebu.com/Thanks to Bossman (Tom) for being our webmaster and for the work he has done to set up our forum and construct the website.Paul Peabody

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hey GuysI have the Bossmans permission to announce the opening of a new forum of which I am a co owner of.We also have a website in the making but have decided to open the forum before the website is completed as it will be an ongoing project anyway.Check us out here, http://americanslivi...cebu.com/forum/Website in the making, http://americanslivingincebu.com/Thanks to Bossman (Tom) for being our webmaster and for the work he has done to set up our forum and construct the website.Paul Peabody
You are welcome Paul,my first commercial website project.Wishing you success with your new venture and are pleased to be chosen as your webmaster.AddEmoticons04230.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hey GuysI have the Bossmans permission to announce the opening of a new forum of which I am a co owner of.We also have a website in the making but have decided to open the forum before the website is completed as it will be an ongoing project anyway.Check us out here, http://americanslivi...cebu.com/forum/Website in the making, http://americanslivingincebu.com/Thanks to Bossman (Tom) for being our webmaster and for the work he has done to set up our forum and construct the website.Paul Peabody
Looks nice Peabody! :541: The best of luck with it. :lol: Added: Wow, almost no rules! That should be very interesting to see how that plays out. 89.gif Added 2: May I suggest giving any of our members full member status when they join and introduce themselves because they have already proved themselves on here to be great members. :540: Edited by Mr. Lee
to add

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Good luck with it mate and congratulations to Bossman on a very professional job.Paul and Elsa

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Good luck with it mate and congratulations to Bossman on a very professional job.Paul and Elsa
And I notice that there is already a link on there to some of our members sites, such as you Paul.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

omg.gifI think I'm already forumed out let alone join another new one mirrored in the exact same style as this one! Anyway, good luck with your new forum! cheersty.gif551.gif540.gif565.gif7522.gif

Peabody
Posted
Posted
omg.gifI think I'm already forumed out let alone join another new one mirrored in the exact same style as this one! Anyway, good luck with your new forum! cheersty.gif551.gif540.gif565.gif7522.gif
Thank you Fil/AmArtMy interpretation of your post tells me you never read the information or looked at the rules page on my forum.When I employed Tom Bossman to construct my website and forum I asked him it would conflict with his own (this) forum and he said no;he doubts it as my concept is different and possibly wont attract the type of "good" members he has here as most are content to how his forum is operated.Anyway pal,thanks for your interest.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thank you Fil/AmArtMy interpretation of your post tells me you never read the information or looked at the rules page on my forum.When I employed Tom Bossman to construct my website and forum I asked him it would conflict with his own (this) forum and he said no;he doubts it as my concept is different and possibly wont attract the type of "good" members he has here as most are content to how his forum is operated.Anyway pal,thanks for your interest.
I will just clarify what Peabody is saying,his forum is different in the fact that it is not moderated,there you can post about politic's or what ever interest you.There is no banning,no closing of topics when they get out of hand,no bad word filters etc.Here we try to be as easy going as possible and try to keep the peace for the sake of all members which sometimes means we close a thread to do so which in turn sometimes upsets a member but we cant please everybody all the time.Peabody's concept is good if you can handle the heat if another member causes you to get agitated or you want to debate US politic's or whatever.On his forum it is self moderated by the members so I guess that means if they dont like you they will tell you where to go.As he said in the last post,I don't believe his concept is suited to most members here but thats not really for me to judge.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I will just clarify what Peabody is saying,his forum is different in the fact that it is not moderated,there you can post about politic's or what ever interest you.There is no banning,no closing of topics when they get out of hand,no bad word filters etc.Here we try to be as easy going as possible and try to keep the peace for the sake of all members which sometimes means we close a thread to do so which in turn sometimes upsets a member but we cant please everybody all the time.Peabody's concept is good if you can handle the heat if another member causes you to get agitated or you want to debate US politic's or whatever.On his forum it is self moderated by the members so I guess that means if they dont like you they will tell you where to go.As he said in the last post,I don't believe his concept is suited to most members here but thats not really for me to judge.
th_thholysheep.gifWell, with that said and clarified, those are the types of forums I avoid, because it will just lead to heated pissing contests, most likely especially when it's not moderated! I don't like or enjoy confrontation and or pissing contests of any kind, this (Tom's) forum gets rid of those type of trouble makers and that's why I enjoy being here, because this forum seems to entice good well behaved, discreet, well spoken people with good and kind attitudes, for now anyways! There are a half a dozen good blogs and forums out there and I prefer this one over all, while the others I just browse through them briefly (lurker) and don't contribute too many of my posts with them or none at all, because with some of them I've unsubscribed my membership and with others I didn't bother to join since anyone can access their site where anyone can judge for themselves if it's for them or not just by the comments, remarks and topics one can read on any of their sites! So, IMHO, it's each to one's own choice! Different Strokes For Different Folks as I always say! AddEmoticons04230.gif Edited by Fil/AmArt

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well, with that said and clarified, those are the types of forums I avoid, because it will just lead to heated pissing contests, most likely especially when it's not moderated! I don't like or enjoy confrontation and or pissing contests of any kind, this (Tom's) forum gets rid of those type of trouble makers and that's why I enjoy being here, because this forum seems to entice good well behaved, discreet, well spoken people with good and kind attitudes, for now anyways! There are a half a dozen good blogs and forums out there and I prefer this one over all, while the others I just browse through them briefly (lurker) and don't contribute too many of my posts with them or none at all, because with some of them I've unsubscribed my membership and with others I didn't bother to join since anyone can access their site where anyone can judge for themselves if it's for them or not just by the comments, remarks and topics one can read on any of their sites! So, IMHO, it's each to one's own choice! Different Strokes For Different Folks as I always say! AddEmoticons04230.gif
Hello Art, I too am not sure how much heat I could take while being a member of that other forum, should it get out of hand, but I still joined to support Tom's friend and Tom who built it, so I will read there from time to time and maybe even post helpful information while at the same time I do not think I will wish to get into the fray's that some members may wish to get into, yet also knowing that it may be a nice place where even I can say my mind without some complaining that forum admins or mods have to be held to a higher standard. In other words, my being just a member on there could be fun for me. devil.gifdance.gif36_1_68[1].gifwhistling.gifwoohoo.gif