Changes To Srrv

mike
Posted
Posted
Doing extensions every 2 months as a tourist would cost around 23,000p a year - just over $500. Then you need to factor in a trip overseas every 16 months!
For those who choose long term residency then yes there are better alternatives than the short term tourism visa including quota visas etc and posibly the SRRV. Many members leave the SRRv as they are now moving to 13A visa.Reality is this is the most expensive retirement visa with the most unattractive terms and conditions when measured against key competitors in SE Asia who offer so much more.The failure of the scheme to attract significant numbers over many years as evidenced by poor take up rate and declining numbers as more leave than join the scheme tells its own story.

Search
Posted
Posted

I was evaluating the program. In fact, I was planning to deposit $10K in February. I am still single and am planning to ship some things from the USA. I was planning to use the import exemption for the shipment. With a 20k deposit and increased fees, it does not bring a smile to my face. To be honest, I am not sure what I will do.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I was evaluating the program. In fact, I was planning to deposit $10K in February. I am still single and am planning to ship some things from the USA. I was planning to use the import exemption for the shipment. With a 20k deposit and increased fees, it does not bring a smile to my face. To be honest, I am not sure what I will do.
Same here...I was already considering this when I would hit 50, with the 10 grand locked away in this government vs what I would actually get not being so attractive, but ...the 20 grand for what you get is an insult with anybody who has a brain, and makes me once again lol at what these in charge people here actually do to ruin good things over and over....are they even thinking about anything other then videoke?Too stubborn, dumb or naive?.... to grasp what other third world countries are attempting to gain spending money in their countries as actually being a "good" thing. Take the retirement only for christ's sake, and be happy with that. See Costa Rica, Panama...and many other third world places here and all over....doing it right.Do they realize how many baby boomers are hitting retirement now in the USA? One every 10 seconds...and it won't stop for 20 years...oh, killing social security, but that's another thread. There is NO WAY in hell I would let the Philippines, of all places, stash away 20 grand for a what?...7 grand free shipping of stuff, that you can already pretty much get with the balikbayan boxes. If I have the time, I would love to compare the programs for all these countries luring expats and those with pensions to spend. Either or...the two month extension trips are quite easy...and some do enjoy getting out of here at least once a year...so this looks like a HORRIBLE deal for the retired person...brutal, and another jab at the "rich" foreigner.

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
Doing extensions every 2 months as a tourist would cost around 23,000p a year - just over $500. Then you need to factor in a trip overseas every 16 months!
Thank you Paul. The I guess the fees for the SRRV are not unreasonable but the 20k deposit might put it out of many peoples reach. As for getting the money back, I have known a couple of people already who have gotten their money back without a big hassle, yet that does not say anything about what the future might hold for others trying to get theirs returned.
I don't even trust American banks....or the US government these days...but the Philippines?... and having 20 grand of mine?...for this shallow special ed thought out "plan"? :thats-funny:• Exemption over Income tax over your pension and annuities;Huh?..I was not paying any now....am I missing anything here? • Exemption over Exit and re-entry permits of the Bureau of Immigration;Cost comparable to those day trips to a travel agency every couple of months so you can drop off your visa and pick it up a day or two later...lolz • Exemption over Annual registration requirement of the Bureau of Immigration;No big deal...they do it for you for near the same amount....and you can still have your 20 grand. lolz....any wonder why so many people want OUT of here?• Exemption over Customs Duties and Taxes with regard to the importation of household goods and personal effects up to US$7,000.00;I've sent into this country more $ then that on one shipment, and not paid anything extra yet...without the SRRV. All you need to get a car or bike bigger then 200cc here is SOMEBODY you know..and it can be done, far cheaper then the double up duty...remember, corruption is key here, and who you know goes further then what you know. BTW, want to know a country where they will not ALLOW a Harley Davidson dealership? Hehehe....1 guess.... and tell me why. • Travel tax, if you stay in the Philippines is less than one year from the last entry date; andBig f'ing deal...loz. Maybe for the sexpat pensioner living on a small amount spending his hours on DIA luring young woman to his place and taking photos of his victims of hunger and despair, until he has to leave the country as a man with a hit contract on his sad, utterly pathetic life. :yes: • I-CardWow, another HUGE incentive, and a deal beaker. They should of used this to keep FedEx in Subic, as this is a REAL incentive. (sarc) In Thailand, you leave 20 grand for 3 MONTHS...and then can take it all out. The pension and spending that money in THIS country should, as it is with other countries, be the prime concern.I'm guessing all the great minds here.... are OFW's.....there. :bash: Edited by Inspector

• 1 month later...
Patsada
Posted
Posted

...any news in the meantime??