Snow Storm..stop Whining About Cebu

chimellie
Posted
Posted (edited)

We had 12 inches Friday and it's snowing again now, we are expecting another 6"Dear Santa...Please get me out of here ! I tried to up load a pic, but it won't let me, it keeps saying " The file is too big" no matter how small I re-size it.

Edited by chimellie

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We had 12 inches Friday and it's snowing again now, we are expecting another 6"Dear Santa...Please get me out of here ! I tried to up load a pic, but it won't let me, it keeps saying " The file is too big" no matter how small I re-size it.
Sorry to hear it Chi, that is why we live in Florida and Cebu (rub rub), SugarwareZ-011.gif no snow, only hurricanes and typhoons. :th_unfair: I think no place on this earth is perfect and snow and cold is not really all that bad, :cheers: hey we loved it as kids, :as-if: but having to go out in the snow or having to shovel your driveway and sidewalk, now that is a different story, :( and I sure do not miss the frozen car door locks and windshields or having to go to work in one of those ice storms. :yes: Did I curse and say that 4 letter word, whoops. SugarwareZ-004.gif Hang in there Chi, before you know it, you will be retired in the Philippines. :thumbsup:

Steve
Posted
Posted

I wanted snow for here (Pittsburgh), but lately all we've had is rain rain and more rain.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

Yea, it has dropped to 40 here in San Antonio, and will be a freeze tonight. this is the 3d blue norther to come through in the past 3 weeks. I could not deal with the weather up north, I can barely deal with this. I HATE the cold....I wanna get out of here...but a few more months to go, unfortuately that means an entire winter. But we are getting closer to being able to leave. Just about have all the animals, sold or placed with people who will take care of them. That is our big hold up right now. Of course I can't draw SS until june 09 either, but I could get by without it until then.I have cut my work hours to half tijme starting Jan. Call it a practice run on retirement hehe. Great schedule though, 4 on 10 off, then 3 on 11 off, then repeat that until June. Now if the weather would just warm up so I could do something on that time off it would be nice. But to me anything below 60 is COLD.....So now on the warmup days between the cold fronts, all I do is cut wood to burn during the cold days...Jim

chimellie
Posted
Posted
Yea, it has dropped to 40 here in San Antonio, and will be a freeze tonight. this is the 3d blue norther to come through in the past 3 weeks. I could not deal with the weather up north, I can barely deal with this. I HATE the cold....I wanna get out of here...but a few more months to go, unfortuately that means an entire winter. But we are getting closer to being able to leave. Just about have all the animals, sold or placed with people who will take care of them. That is our big hold up right now. Of course I can't draw SS until june 09 either, but I could get by without it until then.I have cut my work hours to half tijme starting Jan. Call it a practice run on retirement hehe. Great schedule though, 4 on 10 off, then 3 on 11 off, then repeat that until June. Now if the weather would just warm up so I could do something on that time off it would be nice. But to me anything below 60 is COLD.....So now on the warmup days between the cold fronts, all I do is cut wood to burn during the cold days...Jim
40 degrees ? that's heat wave here this time. It's been about 15 at night and 20's daytime, but with the wind it felt like -10.

Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 degrees ? that's heat wave here this time. It's been about 15 at night and 20's daytime, but with the wind it felt like -10.
Where you at Chi? I forget, I think you're up in the New England states somewhere. I might have to take a road trip to have the Mrs see some real snow. All we've had here was a dusting then it melts. Once it dropped to 70, Donna was cold. We kept telling her that's not cold, it's just chilly....LOL Edited by Steve

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Where you at Chi? I forget, I think you're up in the New England states somewhere. I might have to take a road trip to have the Mrs see some real snow. All we've had here was a dusting then it melts. Once it dropped to 70, Donna was cold. We kept telling her that's not cold, it's just chilly....LOL
Funny that you should mention real snow,I'm going to see my parents and the rest of my family over Christmas and for the occasion I have purchased some fake snow as it never snows where I'm going.Its just a decoration thing and I tested some yesterday, just add water to this powder stuff and mix, instant snow. Good stuff christmas_emoticons_187.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
It is not the actual size of the photo but the pixels, see if you have a photo editor and try putting it in there and then saving it from there and then try to upload it to the forum. I finally found something I like about AOL, I take a picture and copy and paste it to an email, and then it asks if I want to optimize it, and I say yes, and then I save it again after that and it has less pixels and will upload to the forum with no problem. BTW Chi, you got me nervous when you were talking about 12 and 6 inches. SugarwareZ-004.gif Glad you meant snow. SugarwareZ-011.gif lol Edited by Mr. Lee

Mik
Posted
Posted

It's pretty cold in Cebu also. Winter days here are cloudy and the temps barely get into the low 80s. Some nights it gets down to 76 (brrrrr). Sometimes I have to put on a T-shirt. People here in Cebu seem to handle winter pretty well. I haven't heard of any frostbite cases yet. :thumbsup:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup it does get cold here ..... nothing like taking a nice warm shower and suddenly someone dumps a tabo of cold water on your back .... and then has the nerve to say "but it's so refreshing" ...... :thumbsup: