Here's A New Twist

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
As far as the idea of all foreigners leaving for a month to show them something, wouldn't work. One must rememberthat all people in gov't could care less about the country, they only care about their own pockets...and/or the people that backed them getting into office
Agreed. This was absolutely, positively proven in Zimbabwe over the last 20 or so years. It was George Santayana who said "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".
Yes my friend found that out in 7th grade. :welcome: If you want to live in the Philippines you just have to take it as it is. Warts and all. (Some brithsh guy said that) :th_thsmilies-29057:
I do not mind taking it as it is and I would never really want to do any type of protest because I realize that only the poor would probably be hurt by it, but it would be nice to be appreciated and the Philippine government should wake up and realize how much we help their economy, and that was my whole point, without us all, things would be even worse than they are.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
This is yet another example of xenophobia by some in the political classes.
I don't think it's xenophobia so much as simple populist grandstanding. I see foreigner bashing in the Philippines the same as politicians in the US swearing not to raise taxes. When you need a few extra votes, threatening to make the foreign devils pay more money is a sure way to get them.I find it ironic though because nobody screams louder than the Philippines when one of their OFWs is perceived to have been treated unfairly or poorly. I guess it's only foreigners in the RP that deserve scorn. When Filipinos are the foreigners, everyone is expected to genuflect and thank God there are Filipinos willing to work as servants in the wealthier countries.
Exactly, xenphobia by way of populist grandstanding!So, Filipino landowners can rape and pillage and have it paid for by the tourists - what planet do they come from? You can bet that other countries will play on this as we enter into a period where tourism is on a steap decline. Elect 5 year olds, they have more sense.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
This is yet another example of xenophobia by some in the political classes.
I don't think it's xenophobia so much as simple populist grandstanding. I see foreigner bashing in the Philippines the same as politicians in the US swearing not to raise taxes. When you need a few extra votes, threatening to make the foreign devils pay more money is a sure way to get them.I find it ironic though because nobody screams louder than the Philippines when one of their OFWs is perceived to have been treated unfairly or poorly. I guess it's only foreigners in the RP that deserve scorn. When Filipinos are the foreigners, everyone is expected to genuflect and thank God there are Filipinos willing to work as servants in the wealthier countries.
Exactly, xenphobia by way of populist grandstanding!So, Filipino landowners can rape and pillage and have it paid for by the tourists - what planet do they come from? You can bet that other countries will play on this as we enter into a period where tourism is on a steap decline. Elect 5 year olds, they have more sense.
You just have to schedule legislation around nap time otherwise they get grumpy. :714_full_of_crap:

Grumpy
Posted
Posted

Hello? Huh? What? (waking up) Did someone say my name?Seriously, When one applies for a visa one is usually out of country (RP). So therefore one can not plant said trees personally but must send the money ahead to have the trees planted in their name so that their visa will be approved. This is where a visa tree tax comes in. Just send your tree money to a government official and he/she will see to it that your trees are planted.The government official will plant just 10 trees then show these same 10 trees to each foriegner saying "see? I planted these 10 trees just for you."All the best,Grumpy Larry

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello? Huh? What? (waking up) Did someone say my name?Seriously, When one applies for a visa one is usually out of country (RP). So therefore one can not plant said trees personally but must send the money ahead to have the trees planted in their name so that their visa will be approved. This is where a visa tree tax comes in. Just send your tree money to a government official and he/she will see to it that your trees are planted.The government official will plant just 10 trees then show these same 10 trees to each foriegner saying "see? I planted these 10 trees just for you."All the best,Grumpy Larry
Heck Larry, your not even in the Philippines yet and you figured out how things work. :thumbsup: You will do fine once you get there. :as-if: