Rp Real Estate Poised To Profit From Crisis: Consultant

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yep. I agree with you Lee, just another fanboy for Ayala land or the like.My uneducated opinion

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
Yep. I agree with you Lee, just another fanboy for Ayala land or the like.My uneducated opinion

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
RENT!!!!
I have to agree with Jim!I think every none Filipino should rent until, Number one, they are sure they are actually going to stay and live in the Philippines, at least part time. Number two, and then buy a condo if you are not married to a Filipina or buy a condo if you are married to one that you do not trust 100%. If you trust her and her family 100% then buy a house if that is what you would prefer over a condo. Condo life is definitely not for everyone. I trust my wife 100%, and all our condos are in both names, so I am sure not telling anyone not to trust their ladies. Just remember that only Filipinos can own land, so if anyone were to buy land, it would have to be in their ladies name, not very safe if they do not trust them 100% or they have not been married a while IMHO, because many ladies can be influenced by their families and there has been way too many horror stories about what families have done to take over the land or to separate the husband from the wife, once she owns the land and house. All I am saying is, know what you are getting into.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
RENT!!!!
I have to agree with Jim!I think every none Filipino should rent until, Number one, they are sure they are actually going to stay and live in the Philippines, at least part time. Number two, and then buy a condo if you are not married to a Filipina or buy a condo if you are married to one that you do not trust 100%. If you trust her and her family 100% then buy a house if that is what you would prefer over a condo. Condo life is definitely not for everyone. I trust my wife 100%, and all our condos are in both names, so I am sure not telling anyone not to trust their ladies. Just remember that only Filipinos can own land, so if anyone were to buy land, it would have to be in their ladies name, not very safe if they do not trust them 100% or they have not been married a while IMHO, because many ladies can be influenced by their families and there has been way too many horror stories about what families have done to take over the land or to separate the husband from the wife, once she owns the land and house. All I am saying is, know what you are getting into.
Condoman strikes again! Sorry Lee, couldn't resist 28.gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
RENT!!!!
Oops! I misread!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
RENT!!!!
It is OK John, you can tease me all you want, but do you disagree with me? It is unfortunate for now that we cannot own the land under a home, so why would we want to buy a home? Yes, I know there are games we can play by getting into a corp, or we can rent the land and build a house, but would you suggest that to anyone knowing the way the Philippines and many Filipinos play games with foreigners? Have you done that?I think the only reasonable solution for a foreigner who wants to own, is to own a condo, if they really want to own something in that country in the first place and if they do not trust their ladies and their families 100%.As I think I said, rent until they know for sure that they want to live there permanently, and I guess then they would have to make the decision whether it is worth owning something verses putting up with a landords bs. I personally do not wish to deal with a landlord or have a Filipino who is not a real friends or family member I can trust 100%, in control of my future. Let me know if you think differently? and why?

retired
Posted
Posted
RENT!!!!
It is OK John, you can tease me all you want, but do you disagree with me? It is unfortunate for now that we cannot own the land under a home, so why would we want to buy a home? Yes, I know there are games we can play by getting into a corp, or we can rent the land and build a house, but would you suggest that to anyone knowing the way the Philippines and many Filipinos play games with foreigners? Have you done that?I think the only reasonable solution for a foreigner who wants to own, is to own a condo, if they really want to own something in that country in the first place and if they do not trust their ladies and their families 100%.As I think I said, rent until they know for sure that they want to live there permanently, and I guess then they would have to make the decision whether it is worth owning something verses putting up with a landords bs. I personally do not wish to deal with a landlord or have a Filipino who is not a real friends or family member I can trust 100%, in control of my future. Let me know if you think differently? and why?
Here is another consideration in owning versus renting . This man's story has been previously posted on the "another forum" site but i will recount the general thrust .European was married to Filipina for about 25 yrs . The wife had been a teacher , the European a banker . Through the yrs they managed to built a beautiful home and acquire a number of other properties both residential and commerical . The wife died about a yr ago ; and the merry go round started .Because the couple had no biological children the wife's relatives decided to pursue a court case involving the acquired properties of the couple . In this country that is perfectly legal although i would certainly question the morality of that decision . The case is still going through the court system though it has reached the appeals stage .Until recently the court has basically forced the surviving member to pay half of his monthly income to the family . He also went through a stage where his assets were frozen and he received no rental income . He owns apt type housing as well as office building . What makes matters worse was that he wanted to set up a foundation in his wife's name to help educate children , because of her love for teaching and his love for her . Unfortunately , that didn't matter to the system .The European will be fine since he has assets outside the country but this story does reflect the insane bias this culture has against foreigners . So though his case is unusual and they were relatively close age wise and you may not be to your awasa still something to think about .