Anullment

acman
Posted
Posted

just curious since there is no divorce in the phils how long it take and how much anullment cost?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
just curious since there is no divorce in the phils how long it take and how much anullment cost?
I do not know first hand, but I have been told that it cost over p100,000 and takes over a year and can take up to 2 years if you do not get a lawyer with good connections.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Two of my wife's friends recently had anullments. One lady paid 100k and it took her a year and her anullment was approved. The other lady paid 80k and it took her a year but her anullment was denied.An anullment is taken pretty seriously here. They don't grant them just because you ask for one. You have to provide a compelling reason for the anullment to be granted. Your lawyer should be able to help you do that, but if you get a bad lawyer, chances are you'll be out a lot of money and time for no benefit.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The key is finding the right lawyer. This is most important. It

retired
Posted
Posted
The key is finding the right lawyer. This is most important. It's gona cost at least 80K for a Kano.The time line is normally over a year often two. Not long ago there was a bust

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Just to be clear ACman. If you (a Kano) wed a Filipina an annulment or divorce is no problem as you are not Filipino.If the Filipina of your heart is still married it

acman
Posted
Posted

No the girl of my heart is single it was just a question i wondered about.So if a filipina is married to a filipino anulment is harder to get than if she happen to be married to a kano?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

For two Filipino's there is no divorce, period. An annulment is possible for two Filipino’s if they have some wealth and or connections.An annulment in the Philippines between a Filipina and a Kano would still take around two years and 100K.As a foreigner married to a Filipina you can legally divorce you are not required to annul the marriage.

No the girl of my heart is single it was just a question i wondered about.So if a filipina is married to a filipino anulment is harder to get than if she happen to be married to a kano?
Edited by Old55

retired
Posted
Posted
For two Filipino's there is no divorce, period. An annulment is possible for two Filipino

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I have heard this several times from different people but if you were married here and then divorced in another country NSO will not issue the cernomar. They have aparently never heard of this and say you have to have an annulment. If anyone has any concrete legal information on this I would love to hear it. If you were married in the Philippines but divorced in another country can you get a cernomar without an annulment? What steps do you have to take to get it? In this case it was a US citizen married to a filipina who moved to the US and they were later divorced.