Where To Relocate?

Gerald
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have lived in Tagbilaran City, Bohol for the past 3 years. Cost of living has risen greatly in this time period. Food cost have almost doubled. Traffic in the city has gotten so bad it is unsafe to drive. So i am looking for a new place to relocate. My ideal place would be a city of 100 to 200 thousand population. A place where at least most drivers have good driving skills and some idea of how to drive safely. A place where the air is clean and the streets aren't filled with litter.I would like to rent a house or apartment with 2 or 3 bed rooms and 2 CR. I would appreciate any suggestion where i might find such a place. My travels have been some what limited so i seek your help. Thanks for any ideas anyone might have.Gerald

Edited by Gerald

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have lived in Tagbilaran City, Bohol for the past 3 years. Cost of living has risen greatly in this time period. Food cost have almost doubled. Traffic in the city has gotten so bad it is unsafe to drive. So i am looking for a new place to relocate. My ideal place would be a city of 100 to 200 thousand population. A place where at least most drivers have good driving skills and some idea of how to drive safely. A place where the air is clean and the streets aren't filled with litter.I would like to rent a house or apartment with 2 or 3 bed rooms and 2 CR. I would appreciate any suggestion where i might find such a place. My travels have been some what limited so i seek your help. Thanks for any ideas anyone might have.Gerald
Tagbilaran City sounds just like Cebu City. ohmy.gifOne place that you might wish to investigate, and that I really liked was San Pablo, Laguna not too far from Manila on Luzon, but far enough. There was no taxis when we visited my wifes sister a few years ago, the streets were clean, there was hardly any traffic, and the air quality was excellent. My wife and I thought about moving there but at the time I would have probably been the only white person there and it made me uncomfortable that everyone stared at me wherever I went. Of course they could have been staring because I am ugly biggrin.gifbut none the less it felt uncomfortable at the time, yet nowadays it would not bother me at all.

post-40-0-55895100-1297839103_thumb.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I hear what you are saying. That is my goal too. I am probably moving to a rural place to 'get away from it all' for a while but I have a lot of friends who have moved to, (or plan to move to), Dumaguette in recent times.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

This is where we live since 2001. Check out the link below! It's a modern suburban development anyone would be satisfied with, that's centrally located almost to everything one would need if it's within your budget! http://www.google.com/images?q=Paseo+de+sta+rosa&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=d2d3TIX6PI-IvgPWh8SpBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQsAQwAw&biw=1260&bih=664

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Cagayan de Oro anywhere outside the city is quiet and nice and the traffic in the city is not too busy except during rush hour. It is also nice up near SM Mall which is close to the airport.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Tagbilaran City sounds just like Cebu City. ohmy.gif One place that you might wish to investigate, and that I really liked was San Pablo, Laguna not too far from Manila on Luzon, but far enough. There was no taxis when we visited my wifes sister a few years ago, the streets were clean, there was hardly any traffic, and the air quality was excellent. My wife and I thought about moving there but at the time I would have probably been the only white person there and it made me uncomfortable that everyone stared at me wherever I went. Of course they could have been staring because I am ugly biggrin.gif but none the less it felt uncomfortable at the time, yet nowadays it would not bother me at all.
Lee, your fly was unzipped?:)

Gerald
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone. I will be checking out your suggestion soon.Gerald

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Its sad to hear how dificult Tagbilaran City has become. We last visited five years ago it was kinda busy then but seemed nice. :) Please keep us posted on what you end up doing.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Tagbilaran City sounds just like Cebu City. ohmy.gif One place that you might wish to investigate, and that I really liked was San Pablo, Laguna not too far from Manila on Luzon, but far enough. There was no taxis when we visited my wifes sister a few years ago, the streets were clean, there was hardly any traffic, and the air quality was excellent. My wife and I thought about moving there but at the time I would have probably been the only white person there and it made me uncomfortable that everyone stared at me wherever I went. Of course they could have been staring because I am ugly biggrin.gif but none the less it felt uncomfortable at the time, yet nowadays it would not bother me at all.
Lee, your fly was unzipped?:)
Then they would have been laughing and not staring. 36_6_3[1].gif

• 2 weeks later...
Patsada
Posted
Posted
I hear what you are saying. That is my goal too. I am probably moving to a rural place to 'get away from it all' for a while but I have a lot of friends who have moved to, (or plan to move to), Dumaguette in recent times.
Hassle free life and peace of mind = Camiguin Island !