Wendy’S/arby’S Group Announces Development Agreement To Expand In Philippines

Steve
Posted
Posted
Source: Wendy’s/Arby’s Group Announces Development Agreement to expand in PhilippineSubmitted by HBN on Wed, 02/23/2011 - 6:27pmATLANTA--(Hospitality Business News)--Wendy’s International, Inc., a subsidiary of Wendy’s/Arby’s Group, Inc. (NYSE:WEN), today announced the signing of a long-term agreement with Wenphil Corporation to significantly expand Wendy’s® brand presence in the Philippines.The new agreement with Wenphil – a Wendy’s franchisee since 1983 – calls for the development of 44 additional restaurants, which would increase the total number of Wendy’s locations in the country to 75. As part of the agreement, Wenphil will expand outside of Metro Manila into other cities and regions in the Philippines through the use of sub-franchising.Elizabeth Pardo-Orbeta, Chairman of Wenphil Corporation, said: “We’re delighted to renew our franchise relationship with Wendy’s and we’re excited about the opportunity to further expand our business in the Philippine market through innovative use of sub-franchising. While continuing to serve our customers in the Metro Manila area, we look forward to bringing Wendy’s fresh, high-quality food to other potential growth areas throughout the Philippines.”Darrell van Ligten, President of Wendy’s/Arby’s International, said: “We see great growth potential for the Wendy’s brand in the Philippines, where we are building on the relationship we have enjoyed for many years with Wenphil. This is another example of our aggressive focus on ramping up restaurant development outside of North America. Since June 2009, Wendy’s/Arby’s Group subsidiaries have signed new development agreements for portions of the Middle East and North Africa, Singapore, Turkey, Russia, the Eastern Caribbean and, mostly recently, Argentina. Our international presence would grow to almost 1,000 restaurants if all store commitments currently on the books were to be fulfilled. That number of commitments will increase as we layer on development deals for new markets currently under negotiation and expand agreements with existing franchisees.”

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gifI'm not too crazy about Wendy's hamburgers or spuds with assorted toppings, but boy oh boy, bring on Arby's! I haven't yet found a good sandwich deli here in the Philippines, but Big Brother's Burger comes close with their 1/2 lb Angus beef burgers, grilled chicken & roast beef sandwiches and greasy onion rings! AddEmoticons04230.gifJust can't wait for an Arby's fast food joint to pop up in our neighborhood!

• 3 weeks later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted

Yeah, what Art said! Since back in Arizona I have had like 50 arby's roast beef sandwiches. :th_thsmilies-29057:I have tried big brothers in Davao...GREAT sandwich and onion rings...but VERY expensive.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Yeah, what Art said! Since back in Arizona I have had like 50 arby's roast beef sandwiches. :th_thsmilies-29057:I have tried big brothers in Davao...GREAT sandwich and onion rings...but VERY expensive.
Who cares what those Big Brother's 1/2 lb Angus beef burgers cost! Aren't they awesome though! AddEmoticons04230.gif

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
Who cares what those Big Brother's 1/2 lb Angus beef burgers cost! Aren't they awesome though! AddEmoticons04230.gif
Hahaha...the best I have had in the Philippines by far. The onion rings were great as well....damn, you are making me hungry. Did cost almost 1000 pesos for two of the biggest burgers, two onion rings and two drinks. But yeah WTH, I've blown 100 dollars on two people in the Red freaking Lobster, so 20 for a couple of huge burgers in a place where good meat is scarce, it was quite nice to find that burger and eat it in 20 seconds. :lol:I'm having a porterhouse steak tonight.....because you are making me so damn hungry in this thread! :bedtime2::th_thholysheep: Edited by Inspector

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

What I love about ARBY's, is their roast beef sandwiches, especially with their toppings and tons of their creamy horsey sauce! But, I would rather have a charbroiled tender thick and juicy rib eye steak and of course, a 1-2 lb lobster beside it with fresh baked sour dough bread with whipped butter! A bake potato with all the toppings would be great too! I'm a Fil/Am, but I'm not into rice! I'm a steak and bake potato man!

Inspector
Posted
Posted
What I love about ARBY's, is their roast beef sandwiches, especially with their toppings and tons of their creamy horsey sauce! But, I would rather have a charbroiled tender thick and juicy rib eye steak and of course, a 1-2 lb lobster beside it with fresh baked sour dough bread with whipped butter! A bake potato with all the toppings would be great too! I'm a Fil/Am, but I'm not into rice! I'm a steak and bake potato man!
:th_thbestpost:I just had a rib eye last night, with baked potato and whipped butter.....all because of your most delicious post. :th_thsmilies-29057:To get back on topic, noticed since being back Arby's is not running those 4 sandwiches for 5 buck deals anymore. :unsure:

Steve
Posted
Posted
To get back on topic, noticed since being back Arby's is not running those 4 sandwiches for 5 buck deals anymore. :unsure:
They're far and few in between. I was told that it's up to the individual location as they are a franchise.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
To get back on topic, noticed since being back Arby's is not running those 4 sandwiches for 5 buck deals anymore. :(
They're far and few in between. I was told that it's up to the individual location as they are a franchise.
Thanks Steve...I had one coupon 2 for 4...regular price is only 44 cents more, so quite a deal. I can down 4 regulars like a snack, but it was far more filling then 2.Been going to In and Out more, but noticed they also had a price increase. Everything goes up, but my pension. :36_1_50[1]:

4thDan
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys,,,,, but I'M CRAVEN FOR WHITE CASTLE....trying to figure out how i can get my kids to ship me some.......NEED SOME SLIDERS........... apologies to those who have never had the experience....but you either hate em or love em.....