Dental Cost

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Speaking of dentists not being clean or santitized in the Philippines reminded me of my very last visit to my very expensive dentist back in the US where I had gone in for a regular cleaning and polish. As my teeth are being cleaned and as it was near the time of Holloween the conversation turned to the topic of carving pumkins. When the subject of what tools were best to use for the purpose doing a great carve job on a pumkin, guess what my dentist told me was the best tools to use? Yep, you got it! The same tools that he was using to clean my teeth with. Now you know why it was my last visit.

Edited by Garpo

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Having worked in operating theatres for many years here in Sydney,I can tell you that bad things can happen anywhere.I recall one patient here in sydney, coming in to have their wisdom teeth removed only to leave with a broken jaw!.....When i visited the dentist in manila, i asked if they were using distilled water? "yes".Was the yankauer sucker disposable?(single use only)"yes"The sucker and instruments were opened in front of me from their sterile bags"yes".This indicated to me that the instruments have been sterilized on a wrapped sterilization cycle.This cycle should be of at least 4 minutes sterilizing time at 134 degrees and 10 minutes drying time...this is the standard AS4187.If the instruments are not wrapped(or bagged)it is possible that they have been processed on a "flash cycle"(4 minutes sterilizing time)no drying.This sterilizing cycle should NOT be used .........As i was only having minor cosmetic work done,i thought this was a good start.....I hope this info is of some help when visiting a new dentist for the first time.........Cheers
May I ask you a favor please? Can you please use a font size that is about the size the rest of us use? Many of us, myself included have difficulty reading fonts that small. Thank you for your understanding.....

The phantom menace
Posted
Posted

Dear Steve and MyrlitaSorry,i hope this works out better.I have recently returned from Manila and visited Metrodental again.I saw Dr Roevane Gongaza who told me that that Metrodental is a nationwide organization and that Dr Garcia was now located in Cebu....I had my teeth checked and cleaned which cost me 1000 peso's.I know i can find less expensive but i asked if i could look at their cleaning procedure and sterilizer and they said no problem.They have a high standard here and i was happy to pay that amount as this would have cost me nearly ten times more to visit the dentist here in Sydney.Cheers.

Having worked in operating theatres for many years here in Sydney,I can tell you that bad things can happen anywhere.I recall one patient here in sydney, coming in to have their wisdom teeth removed only to leave with a broken jaw!.....When i visited the dentist in manila, i asked if they were using distilled water? "yes".Was the yankauer sucker disposable?(single use only)"yes"The sucker and instruments were opened in front of me from their sterile bags"yes".This indicated to me that the instruments have been sterilized on a wrapped sterilization cycle.This cycle should be of at least 4 minutes sterilizing time at 134 degrees and 10 minutes drying time...this is the standard AS4187.If the instruments are not wrapped(or bagged)it is possible that they have been processed on a "flash cycle"(4 minutes sterilizing time)no drying.This sterilizing cycle should NOT be used .........As i was only having minor cosmetic work done,i thought this was a good start.....I hope this info is of some help when visiting a new dentist for the first time.........Cheers
May I ask you a favor please? Can you please use a font size that is about the size the rest of us use? Many of us, myself included have difficulty reading fonts that small. Thank you for your understanding.....
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Dear Steve and MyrlitaSorry,i hope this works out better.I have recently returned from Manila and visited Metrodental again.I saw Dr Roevane Gongaza who told me that that Metrodental is a nationwide organization and that Dr Garcia was now located in Cebu....I had my teeth checked and cleaned which cost me 1000 peso's.I know i can find less expensive but i asked if i could look at their cleaning procedure and sterilizer and they said no problem.They have a high standard here and i was happy to pay that amount as this would have cost me nearly ten times more to visit the dentist here in Sydney.Cheers.
Thank you sir.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

​From my long time experiences with dentists and or doctors here in the Philippines, it is generally inexpensive here depending on the procedures, who the dentists or doctors are and the if the facilities are appealing in appearance and clean! I usually ask friends and neighbors for referrals to good dentists, doctors and good clean facilities!