Kidneys

brock
Posted
Posted
  • Woman plans to buy kidney from Philippines
  • Has been on organ donor list for three years
  • Fears she will become too sick for transplant

NO one should have to make the impossible choice facing Vicki Pascual: to risk death waiting for a kidney transplant or to buy one from a poor Filipino.For almost three years, Ms Pascual's health has been steadily deteriorating as she waits on dialysis. The 40-year-old and her fiance, Brent Jones, who are getting married in November, fear if they don't take drastic steps she will become too sick for a transplant or die. They are planning to go to the Philippines, where it is legal to buy human organs - unlike in Australia. The couple are researching Filipino hospitals and doctors, who will find a paid donor who is a good match and perform the transplant.I have heard that Australia may be making it legal to sell organs soonSome people are waiting 4 or 5 years for a transplant, and many die before a doner can be found, That is sad.I,ve got one going cheap if anybody wants one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
  • Woman plans to buy kidney from Philippines
  • Has been on organ donor list for three years
  • Fears she will become too sick for transplant

NO one should have to make the impossible choice facing Vicki Pascual: to risk death waiting for a kidney transplant or to buy one from a poor Filipino.For almost three years, Ms Pascual's health has been steadily deteriorating as she waits on dialysis. The 40-year-old and her fiance, Brent Jones, who are getting married in November, fear if they don't take drastic steps she will become too sick for a transplant or die. They are planning to go to the Philippines, where it is legal to buy human organs - unlike in Australia. The couple are researching Filipino hospitals and doctors, who will find a paid donor who is a good match and perform the transplant.I have heard that Australia may be making it legal to sell organs soonSome people are waiting 4 or 5 years for a transplant, and many die before a doner can be found, That is sad.I,ve got one going cheap if anybody wants one.

I doubt if Australia is going to make the sale of organs legal in my life time,dont know where you heard that from.It is a really weird thing to think about,selling ones body parts to survive the poor persons nightmare, it could very well be what kills the donor in the end.Myself have been told by the doctors that I have kidney damage so one day it could be that I will need to decide if buying body parts is the right thing to do or just die. :th_noproblem: oh almost forgot, how much ya selling for?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmm ..... Tom ....... that's not the body part I heard you were looking for ...... SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-011.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hummmmm ..... Tom ....... that's not the body part I heard you were looking for ...... SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-011.gif
So you heard about my search for an extension SugarwareZ-004.gif

brock
Posted
Posted

I can spare you 3 inches Tom

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I can spare you 3 inches Tom
Thanks but I could not leave you with just half an inch,just wouldn't seem right SugarwareZ-005.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
NO one should have to make the impossible choice facing Vicki Pascual: to risk death waiting for a kidney transplant or to buy one from a poor Filipino.I have heard that Australia may be making it legal to sell organs soonSome people are waiting 4 or 5 years for a transplant, and many die before a doner can be found, That is sad.
I do feel for anyone in her situation but talk about an impossible choice how about the poor guy who has to sell pieces of himself to survive. How morbid is that?The problem with being able to sell them is how long will it be before people are coerced into selling their organs even if they don't want to? Don't say it won't happen because I am sure it will at some point. If it hasn't happened already.

Mik
Posted
Posted

You got me thinking paranoid now. What if I go to the hospital for a simple appendectomy operation and they secretly steal a kidney to sell to a rich guy?

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Pretty sick if you ask me. If you're ill you're ill and just because you're rich shouldn't mean you can take advantage of poverty.Just another example of how the Filipino rich (politicians) can allow exploitation of their fellow poor Filipinos - like expecting them to work abroad in often bad conditions so they can send money home to let the party carry on, rather than work hard at home to develop the country and add to everyones prosperity.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I do feel for anyone in her situation but talk about an impossible choice how about the poor guy who has to sell pieces of himself to survive. How morbid is that?The problem with being able to sell them is how long will it be before people are coerced into selling their organs even if they don't want to? Don't say it won't happen because I am sure it will at some point. If it hasn't happened already.
You can bet it's happened already. If there is a market for human organs, legal or otherwise, there will always be people that take advantage and steal the organs. The sale of organs is illegal in India, but there were frequent news reports of dalits waking up with a scar, minus their kidney. If memory serves, there was a case of this happening in the US as well. You don't have to be in the third world for someone to take advantage of the poor.I feel for the people that need a transplant, but the legal sale of organs just doesn't seem like the right way to deal with the problem. I'd hate to see kidneys for sale on eBay.Most states in the US allow you to volunteer to become an organ donor when you get your driver's license. Maybe changing from an opt-in to an opt-out organ donor program would be a good way to increase the number of organs available for transplant.