Exchange Rate

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am very suspicious. Based on your description, in my opinion, you are an innocent participant in money laundering. I worked years ago as a consultant for the Bangko Sentral, which included recommending to the Governor and Monetary Board ways to force banks to account for foreign exchange transactions by both visitors and overseas Filipino workers.

edited due to the concerns of another board member .....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike S,

The problem is not the dollar withdrawal in cash from your account. That's above board. Do you get an official bank receipt when it is exchange into Pisos?

I will send Jollygoodfellow a PM suggesting he delete the last few exchanges on this topic. I have my reasons

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

you my friend are way off base ...... and I am now going to close this thread and ignore any more replies to this subject before I end up saying something I shouldn't ....... have a great day ..............

Edited by Mike S

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding here. I dont see any reason to remove any posts as it appears to me that the changing of money is just a service being provided by the bank. Correct me if I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tom .... no problem I already edited my posts ... was just trying to help other people out ..... I'll just continue to do my banking as I see fit and stay away form posting personal banking info ..... no big deal

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't think either of you are wrong, just looking at different situations and proceeding as if they were the same situation.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
you my friend are way off base ...... and I am now going to close this thread and ignore any more replies to this subject before I end up saying something I shouldn't ....... have a great day ..............

My apologies Mike. I was mistaken.

• Like 3