I've Arrived

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Mr. Lee it'll be my pleasure to meet you some day. I definitely plan on going back to Cebu more than once. I want to get as much experience there as I can before I retire from the Air Force in a few years to see if Cebu is a place I could enjoy my retirement years. As with anyplace you live there are positives and negatives...so I just gotta see if the postives are gonna outweigh the negatives for me in Cebu. Obviously my first impression of Cebu was positive overall, and I think the more time I spend there, and the more comfortable I become there, the more I'm going to like it. I really can't say enough of about the friendliness of people there. Despite the obvious poverty which surounds the city, I saw nothing but smiles everywhere I went. I can't wait to get back there.
Yup Brett, Cebu and the Philippines takes some getting used to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also took you some time for you to get used to Germany? I know it took me a couple of years to get used to the heat and how things were done in Florida when we originally moved here, and every time we go back to the Philippines, we end up missing it more and more when we are away.Cebu and the Philippines as a whole have many positives and the negatives seem to be getting to be less and less as time goes on and the country grows. I am sure with each visit that you will be amazed at the differences and see more positives and less negatives, as I have seen in the last 15 years of going back and forth, but one thing that has never changed is the smiling faces and friendly people, and that always makes me enjoy staying there more than any other aspect. :th_thholysheep: My wife and I are really looking forward to the day we can move there totally, but right now we have the best of both worlds.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be going around mid September this year so pm me before you go if you want to meet up and I'll give you my contact info. Be nice to see you there too Lee. Let me know if you can make it.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be going around mid September this year so pm me before you go if you want to meet up and I'll give you my contact info. Be nice to see you there too Lee. Let me know if you can make it.
Sounds like a plan Tom. I'm not sure of the exact dates yet, but it'll probably be something like the last 3 weeks in Sept. I'll pm you once I nail down the dates.