What Is The Best Bank For Foreigners To Use?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Our plan upon retirement, I would appreciate your thoughts.Our house is located near a CitiBank Phil branch. We plan on keeping the majority or our US dollars in a citi bank branch in the states and that is where my pension will be deposited. When we opened the account here in the states we were told that there were no International ATM fees up to a point. We will transfer sums as needed to the PI Citibank. We also plan on opening an account at our local barangay credit union. (establishing our selfs in the local communityO and maybe another at BPI for local convienence.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Our plan upon retirement, I would appreciate your thoughts.Our house is located near a CitiBank Phil branch. We plan on keeping the majority or our US dollars in a citi bank branch in the states and that is where my pension will be deposited. When we opened the account here in the states we were told that there were no International ATM fees up to a point. We will transfer sums as needed to the PI Citibank. We also plan on opening an account at our local barangay credit union. (establishing our selfs in the local communityO and maybe another at BPI for local convienence.
I am not positive there is a fee for using your ATM outside the US, I had just been told by Citibank on the phone, and in the branch we bank at in the US, that there would be a fee if we use it in a Citibank within the Philippines. This was not the case a year or so ago but apparently has changed, so call them yourself and see if you can get something in writing that there will be no fee, since their website HERE is not clear on the topic of branch ATM's. I just deposit my US checks and wait for the money to be credited.Outside of the U.S., you can use your Citibank Banking Card at more than 1,000,000 ATMs. However, there is a foreign exchange fee of 3% (waived for Citigold clients). For example, if you withdrew 100 Euros at any ATM in Italy, and the value in USD was $125, then the 3% fee would be $3.75. This exchange fee also applies if you use your Citibank Banking Card to make purchases overseas.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I am not positive there is a fee for using your ATM outside the US, I had just been told by Citibank on the phone, and in the branch we bank at in the US, that there would be a fee if we use it in a Citibank within the Philippines. This was not the case a year or so ago but apparently has changed, so call them yourself and see if you can get something in writing that there will be no fee, since their website HERE is not clear on the topic of branch ATM's. I just deposit my US checks and wait for the money to be credited.Outside of the U.S., you can use your Citibank Banking Card at more than 1,000,000 ATMs. However, there is a foreign exchange fee of 3% (waived for Citigold clients). For example, if you withdrew 100 Euros at any ATM in Italy, and the value in USD was $125, then the 3% fee would be $3.75. This exchange fee also applies if you use your Citibank Banking Card to make purchases overseas.
Ah, we have citibank gold. Maybe there is where the confusion lies.

vance
Posted
Posted

None, come Fatca January 2013.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
For those who do not know what Fatca means, HERE is a link to the description.Fatca requires any foreign financial institution to sign an agreement that they will provide the IRS with information on any US taxpayers they deal with. A 30 per cent penalty withholding tax will be levied on the gross proceeds of any US assets for non-compliance.

Travis
Posted
Posted
could you please expand why?

• 9 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Regarding BPI express deposit machines(24/7) banking

CEBU

AYALA CENTER CEBU     G/F Ayala Center, Cebu City

CEBU ASIATOWN IT PARK     TGU Tower, J.M. del Mar St. cor Salinas Drive, Apas, Cebu City

CEBU GAISANO TABUNOK     G/F Gaisano Fiesta Mall, Tabunok, Talisay, Cebu City

EXPRESS CEBU AYALA CENTER     LG/F South Entrance, Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City

EXPRESS SM CEBU     LG/F Bldg. B, SM City Cebu, Cebu Cityhere are the newest Bpi Express deposit Machines in the Cebu area.below is the link for the others that are available in the RP https://www.mybpimag...=410&Itemid=453