Back Pain/ Acupuncture

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Any body know of a good acupuncturist in Cebu City, has anybody had acupuncture that has helped them?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Any body know of a good acupuncturist in Cebu City, has anybody had acupuncture that has helped them?
Sorry, I do not know anyone in Cebu, but I tried it in Florida and it did not help me at all, but each back problem is different. I use a chiropractor and a good massage and that usually helps when my back actually pops out of place, but as for everyday pain, a back brace, hot showers and a TENS Unit while sleeping when it is bad seems to help me, and of course NSAID's will most often help. I have had a bad back a good part of my adult life, so I hope you find what works for you.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dr. Pardus is a very good chiropractor located at Ayala Mall. I've seen him for many years, he may be of help.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Geoff....massage, massage and massage. Exercise, exercise and exercise.You are probably suffering from disk degeneration, something all people eventually deal with. If you are getting pain shooting into your legs, get an adjustment for a while. If that does not work, then stick with the massage, exercise and try to get to a physical therapist. Last resort for that are spinal fusions and operations...been there and done that. Not fun.Massage is probably the best single thing you can do for your back...you just have to break the cycle.Inflammation causes spasm, and spasm causes inflammation. Try massage and some anti inflammation drug, advil works for me on most days. This will deal with breaking the cycle.NEVER sleep on your tummy, and ALWAYS bend at the legs when picking something up...even a light object. Hope this helps...back pain sucks.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry, I do not know anyone in Cebu, but I tried it in Florida and it did not help me at all, but each back problem is different. I use a chiropractor and a good massage and that usually helps when my back actually pops out of place, but as for everyday pain, a back brace, hot showers and a TENS Unit while sleeping when it is bad seems to help me, and of course NSAID's will most often help. I have had a bad back a good part of my adult life, so I hope you find what works for you.
Thanks for the info, been trying a chiropractor but always seems to stay the same, will try to find a good massage! then maybe go back to a physio clinic and start over Edited by Kuya Lee
repair quote box

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted
Dr. Pardus is a very good chiropractor located at Ayala Mall. I've seen him for many years, he may be of help.
Yes I have tried him also, I have not found much improvement using him although it did help a little for a while, my problem keeps returning. This plus the fact that everybody I know has the same treatment there no matter what or where the problem is. this is why I am trying to find another possibility. Thanks for the reply, I have to at least try another way but if I have no joy I will go back to Pardis and try again, I know a lot of people that use him.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted
Geoff....massage, massage and massage. Exercise, exercise and exercise.You are probably suffering from disk degeneration, something all people eventually deal with. If you are getting pain shooting into your legs, get an adjustment for a while. If that does not work, then stick with the massage, exercise and try to get to a physical therapist. Last resort for that are spinal fusions and operations...been there and done that. Not fun.Massage is probably the best single thing you can do for your back...you just have to break the cycle.Inflammation causes spasm, and spasm causes inflammation. Try massage and some anti inflammation drug, advil works for me on most days. This will deal with breaking the cycle.NEVER sleep on your tummy, and ALWAYS bend at the legs when picking something up...even a light object. Hope this helps...back pain sucks.
Thanks! I do sleep on my front, eases the pain but maybe not doing me any favours, I have 4 compacted discs but that is not where my pain is coming from, more the left hip, exactly where the Sciatic nerve that affects your legs sometimes is, but again my legs not affected, had this pain for about 16 months now, constant for the most part but sometimes gets a little better for a few days, then back to normal.Pain!! pain in the bloody ass! I can live with it but its annoying, this is why I thought I would try the acupuncture route, but I have not tried a good massage either.as for operation, last strawThanks again

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks! I do sleep on my front, eases the pain but maybe not doing me any favours, I have 4 compacted discs but that is not where my pain is coming from, more the left hip, exactly where the Sciatic nerve that affects your legs sometimes is, but again my legs not affected, had this pain for about 16 months now, constant for the most part but sometimes gets a little better for a few days, then back to normal.Pain!! pain in the bloody ass! I can live with it but its annoying, this is why I thought I would try the acupuncture route, but I have not tried a good massage either.as for operation, last strawThanks again
OK since you say sciatic nerve area, I lie in bed flat on my back and pull my folded knees up to my chest and keep them there for a few minutes and then release, then I do it again and bring it closer to my chest and keep it longer and keep doing that until the pain diminishes. I usually do it for about 10 to 15 minutes, maybe try that and it will stretch the muscles and release the nerve that gets stuck there. I still get attacks from time to time, but as soon as I do that, then the pain goes away. I keep pulling my knees closer to my chest with each pull, stretching as much as I can and it usually hurts in the cheeks to start with but goes away in a few minutes and then when I put my legs down, the pain is usually gone or then very mild. Hope it works for you too.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted
OK since you say sciatic nerve area, I lie in bed flat on my back and pull my folded knees up to my chest and keep them there for a few minutes and then release, then I do it again and bring it closer to my chest and keep it longer and keep doing that until the pain diminishes. I usually do it for about 10 to 15 minutes, maybe try that and it will stretch the muscles and release the nerve that gets stuck there. I still get attacks from time to time, but as soon as I do that, then the pain goes away. I keep pulling my knees closer to my chest with each pull, stretching as much as I can and it usually hurts in the cheeks to start with but goes away in a few minutes and then when I put my legs down, the pain is usually gone or then very mild. Hope it works for you too.
Great! will try this also, thanks again.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Without sounding like a sales person for Dr. Pardus I suggest you try him again but ask what results to expect and give him clear feedback.I’ve been seeing Dr Pardus each visit to Cebu, once or twice a year three to ten times a visit he is not cheap but his adjustments have varied as my condition has changed over the years.One of the great things about Philippines is I bet you could find a physical therapist who could work with you one on one for very little money. Ask the Dr what he would recommend. The others suggested massage, HECK yea!!!! Good luck and I hope you can find a way to recover from your back issues.