How Much Am I Going To Be Charged For Bringing In Pc And Tv

Jimbo1361
Posted
Posted

Hello Just joined I am bringing in a Desktop PC and a flatscreen TV to RP how bad am I going to have to pay for my shipping boxes? All Items are used but does it matter? I have decided to move there for the winter and of course renting I am not married to Pinay. An ideas My shipper is great for shipping from east coast US so far everything went through but I have held out shipping expensive stuff until a month or two out to a freinds house who I trust. Any of you all know of anyone who brought their kids with them to live from US also? I am bringing my son who is home schooled to stay with me once I find the right house. Thanks it has been over 20 years since I was stationed there and from what I have seen the roads around A/C are better but more people than before from pictures. Adios..

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Hello Just joined I am bringing in a Desktop PC and a flatscreen TV to RP how bad am I going to have to pay for my shipping boxes? All Items are used but does it matter? I have decided to move there for the winter and of course renting I am not married to Pinay. An ideas My shipper is great for shipping from east coast US so far everything went through but I have held out shipping expensive stuff until a month or two out to a freinds house who I trust. Any of you all know of anyone who brought their kids with them to live from US also? I am bringing my son who is home schooled to stay with me once I find the right house. Thanks it has been over 20 years since I was stationed there and from what I have seen the roads around A/C are better but more people than before from pictures. Adios..
I use Forexworld in shipping standard price for a large box to the Manila area is $109 USD and $119 anywhere else. Maybe 45 days to Manila and 60+ for all other areas. I have shipped multiple computers, flat screen monitors, 1 tv and countless other items over in the past 2 years. No duties asked for. I cut plywood the exact size and put in top and bottom.....This helps with security.

Jimbo1361
Posted
Posted
I use Forexworld in shipping standard price for a large box to the Manila area is $109 USD and $119 anywhere else. Maybe 45 days to Manila and 60+ for all other areas. I have shipped multiple computers, flat screen monitors, 1 tv and countless other items over in the past 2 years. No duties asked for. I cut plywood the exact size and put in top and bottom.....This helps with security.
Thanks I also have used 1/4 inch plywood worked well but my shipper asked That I advise him when I have a heavy load going out the next time both of our backs are horrible. Thanks I have not sent anything near as expensive there yet. Also a lot of computer stores here in US are starting to come out with insane gimmicks to sell their PCs I saw one deal that offered a new Xbox with purchase but I was out of town by the time I got back the sale was over. Thanks again for the advice it has worked for me. Adios

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Recently with some shippers, electronic items, motorcycle and auto parts maybe subject to customs tax upon disclosure on the declaration form of the items to be sent and if not declared or taxes paid in advance and is discovered at Philippines Customs, it can be held until the taxes are paid or be confiscated! That's why Customs are now tasked to open all boxes and levy what taxes Customs think is appropriate, but in that event it is best you have records or sales receipts to show proof if the items seem to be in new condition or in their original containers. Ask your shipper first before boxing up anything in plywood even though if it's just for added protection of the contents! http://www.customs.gov.ph/faqs.php Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Just a few for starters:4. WHAT IS A CONSOLIDATED DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPMENT?Two (2) or more balikbayan boxes from two (2) or more individual consignors/senders abroad, assembled and consolidated at one point of origin/exportation and shipped together under a single master ocean bill of lading or master airway bill by a freight forwarder/consolidator to its breakbulk/consolidator agent in the Philippines. 5. WHO IS ALLOWED TO CONSOLIDATE "BALIKBAYAN BOXES" ABROAD?A foreign freight forwarding entity/ consolidator duly licensed and registered with the Philippine consular office. 6. WHO IS ALLOWED TO RELEASE A CONSOLIDATED DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPMENTS FROM THE PHILIPPINE BUREAU OF CUSTOMS?The Philippine agent/representative of a freight forwarder/consolidator named in a master bill of lading or master airway bill as consignee of a consolidated shipment duly licensed by the Philippine Shippers' Bureau (PSB) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).7. ARE THE "BALIKBAYAN BOXES OPENED BY THE PHILIPPINE CUSTOMS? Yes, a 100% examination of the consolidated shipment is required by law:1. To protect the legitimate interests of consignors/senders and their consignees, in particular, and the transacting public, in general;2. To protect the interest of the government;3. To prevent and suppress smuggling and other fraud upon customs.Other site for FAQs:http://www.ev-information.com/gt/view/id-14068

Edited by Art2ro

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Recently with some shippers, electronic items, motorcycle and auto parts maybe subject to customs tax upon disclosure on the declaration form of the items to be sent and if not declared or taxes paid in advance and is discovered at Philippines Customs, it can be held until the taxes are paid or be confiscated! That's why Customs are now tasked to open all boxes and levy what taxes Customs think is appropriate, but in that event it is best you have records or sales receipts to show proof if the items seem to be in new condition or in their original containers. Ask your shipper first before boxing up anything in plywood even though if it's just for added protection of the contents! http://www.customs.gov.ph/faqs.phpFrequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Just a few for starters:4. WHAT IS A CONSOLIDATED DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPMENT?Two (2) or more balikbayan boxes from two (2) or more individual consignors/senders abroad, assembled and consolidated at one point of origin/exportation and shipped together under a single master ocean bill of lading or master airway bill by a freight forwarder/consolidator to its breakbulk/consolidator agent in the Philippines.5. WHO IS ALLOWED TO CONSOLIDATE "BALIKBAYAN BOXES" ABROAD?A foreign freight forwarding entity/ consolidator duly licensed and registered with the Philippine consular office. 6. WHO IS ALLOWED TO RELEASE A CONSOLIDATED DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPMENTS FROM THE PHILIPPINE BUREAU OF CUSTOMS?The Philippine agent/representative of a freight forwarder/consolidator named in a master bill of lading or master airway bill as consignee of a consolidated shipment duly licensed by the Philippine Shippers' Bureau (PSB) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).7. ARE THE "BALIKBAYAN BOXES OPENED BY THE PHILIPPINE CUSTOMS?Yes, a 100% examination of the consolidated shipment is required by law:1. To protect the legitimate interests of consignors/senders and their consignees, in particular, and the transacting public, in general;2. To protect the interest of the government;3. To prevent and suppress smuggling and other fraud upon customs.Other site for FAQs:http://www.ev-inform...t/view/id-14068
Well, I have shipped at least 15 boxes and none have been opened by customs. I did have one that the edges were wetted to soften the cardboard and then a hand was slipped into the box under the tape and a used cell phone was taken. I have since started to use a special fibreglass reinforced aluminum tape that can not easily be matched if cut, and I tape in a way that a 'hand' can't get into the box. I do not 'ask' the shipper if I can use a plywood liner! None of his business. Nor do I care about his back. My average weight per box is over 130 pounds. I will help load the box, no problem! I box things up in the best way possible as to not be damaged in transit and to keep prying hands out.You guys might be interested to know that when the box is out of your sight, it is not picked up too often. It is ROLLED end over end from where it is to where the person moving it wants it to be. Many of the boxes that arrived looking like the box was crushed totally, but that is not possible since the contents do not allow it. But the act of rolling the box causes the cardboard to break down somewhat, giving it that crushed appearance.The shipper does not set any weight limit on the boxes. However they refer to the box manufacturer that has a stamp on the box with the max weight for that cardboard per square inch. In reality, it has never come up. I own a gun and pawnshop and the shipper knows this, if 'anyone's box' would be inspected, I would think it would be mine with them expecting I hid a gun in there. But, never had an issue and of course, I ship no weapons or ammo so I really don't have anything to hide. Other than the 1 used cell phone stolen, not bad issues except they LIE about the shipping times! hehehehe
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I quit shipping boxes to the Philippines long time ago, because it just wasn't worth it anymore, for me anyways, because most of what we need nowadays can be bought in most SM Malls or other stores nearby! I just presented the facts what's on-line concerning customs! Just good luck to those who can avoid paying the customs taxes on whatever one ships to the Philippines!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Recently with some shippers, electronic items, motorcycle and auto parts maybe subject to customs tax upon disclosure on the declaration form of the items to be sent and if not declared or taxes paid in advance and is discovered at Philippines Customs, it can be held until the taxes are paid or be confiscated! That's why Customs are now tasked to open all boxes and levy what taxes Customs think is appropriate, but in that event it is best you have records or sales receipts to show proof if the items seem to be in new condition or in their original containers. Ask your shipper first before boxing up anything in plywood even though if it's just for added protection of the contents! http://www.customs.gov.ph/faqs.phpFrequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Just a few for starters:4. WHAT IS A CONSOLIDATED DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPMENT?Two (2) or more balikbayan boxes from two (2) or more individual consignors/senders abroad, assembled and consolidated at one point of origin/exportation and shipped together under a single master ocean bill of lading or master airway bill by a freight forwarder/consolidator to its breakbulk/consolidator agent in the Philippines.5. WHO IS ALLOWED TO CONSOLIDATE "BALIKBAYAN BOXES" ABROAD?A foreign freight forwarding entity/ consolidator duly licensed and registered with the Philippine consular office. 6. WHO IS ALLOWED TO RELEASE A CONSOLIDATED DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPMENTS FROM THE PHILIPPINE BUREAU OF CUSTOMS?The Philippine agent/representative of a freight forwarder/consolidator named in a master bill of lading or master airway bill as consignee of a consolidated shipment duly licensed by the Philippine Shippers' Bureau (PSB) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).7. ARE THE "BALIKBAYAN BOXES OPENED BY THE PHILIPPINE CUSTOMS?Yes, a 100% examination of the consolidated shipment is required by law:1. To protect the legitimate interests of consignors/senders and their consignees, in particular, and the transacting public, in general;2. To protect the interest of the government;3. To prevent and suppress smuggling and other fraud upon customs.Other site for FAQs:http://www.ev-inform...t/view/id-14068
Well, I have shipped at least 15 boxes and none have been opened by customs. I did have one that the edges were wetted to soften the cardboard and then a hand was slipped into the box under the tape and a used cell phone was taken. I have since started to use a special fibreglass reinforced aluminum tape that can not easily be matched if cut, and I tape in a way that a 'hand' can't get into the box.
Most likely Bruce you have been keeping up with the news in the Philippines so you would have seen the crack down ordered by the president in regards to the Customs department.If you have shipped 15 boxes without being opened you might be in for a new experience with the next 15.As always different people have different experiences and things change so its better for people to not always rely on someone else's past experience but rather use it as a guide.

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well, I have shipped at least 15 boxes and none have been opened by customs. I did have one that the edges were wetted to soften the cardboard and then a hand was slipped into the box under the tape and a used cell phone was taken. I have since started to use a special fibreglass reinforced aluminum tape that can not easily be matched if cut, and I tape in a way that a 'hand' can't get into the box.
Most likely Bruce you have been keeping up with the news in the Philippines so you would have seen the crack down ordered by the president in regards to the Customs department.If you have shipped 15 boxes without being opened you might be in for a new experience with the next 15.As always different people have different experiences and things change so its better for people to not always rely on someone else's past experience but rather use it as a guide.
I really don't have much choice..... It is a do or don't situation for me. If I 'don't' then things do not get done, so I 'do it'. I recently bought 5 HP computer towers for $20 each. XP installed with a video capabilities. I can fit 3 to a box and then fill in the rest of the space with foods that I have here in the food bank for the poor Kanos that come into my pawnshop with worthless crap to sell but at least I can give then some food for the kids for a day or two.... See the pics of the current box. I know that I am sending things (food) that are available in the Philippines, but I have found that even if those items are available, the poor prople would not buy them anyway as they have other uses for their money. I have to fill up the space anyway.... Spaghetti, canned spaghetti, chocolate syrup, brownie mix and pancake mix...... and of course! the ever popular CHOCOLATE candy. The yellow in the bottom is an old piece of plywood. The top will be covered too. So I will hope for the best in shipping. But if I don't ship, those computers will never get there and the school kids will not benefit from them....... Another box will follow in a couple of weeks...... No guns, no ammo, no new stuff.......post-404-0-60999500-1307454807_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-20092000-1307454822_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-44363100-1307454833_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-08630000-1307454859_thumb.jpg Edited by Boss Man
correctly added images to post

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

http://www.customs.gov.ph/faqs.phpWHAT ARTICLES ARE SUBJECT TO DUTY?All articles, when imported to the Philippines, are subject to duty upon each importation, even though previously exported there except as otherwise specifically provided for in the Tariff and Customs Code, as amended, or in other laws.There are two kinds of import entry, to wit: Formal and the Informal Entry.Informal EntryArticles of a commercial nature intended for sale, barter or hire, the dutiable value of which does not exceed P2,000.00; and,Personal and household effects or articles, not in commercial quantity, imported in passenger s baggage, mail, or otherwise for personal use. Formal EntryArticles of a commercial nature intended for sale, barter, or hire, the dutiable value of which is more than P2,000.00; and,Articles for, which the Collector may, upon the recommendation of the Tariff Commission for the protection of a local industry, or the revenue, require formal entry regardless of value and whatever purpose and nature of the importation. All imported articles are subject to Formal and Informal entry except importation admitted free of duty for the official use of embassies, legation and other agencies of foreign governments who accord like privileges to corresponding agencies of the Philippines.WHO ARE ENTITLED TO DUTY AND TAX FREE PRIVILEGES?Section 105 of the Tariff and Customs Code of the Philippines as amended by Executive Order No. 206 provides duty and tax free privileges to the following individuals, the extent of which depends on their particular status:Returning Resident. A Returning Resident is a Filipino national who has gone abroad and is now returning. Only those Returning Residents who have an uninterrupted stay abroad for at least six (6) months prior to their return to the Philippines are entitled to duty and tax free privileges.Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) is a Filipino national who worked in a foreign country under an employment contract. Only OFWs who have an uninterrupted stay abroad for more than six (6) months are entitled to duty and tax free privileges.Former Filipino. A Filipino national who has acquired foreign citizenship abroad and is now returning. Only former Filipinos who are coming to settle permanently in the Philippines and have stayed abroad for at least six months are entitled to the duty and tax exemption privileges.Chapter VI: Prohibited/Restricted ImportationsWHAT ARE PROHIBITED/REGULATED IMPORTATIONS?Prohibited importations are generally those not allowed to be brought into the country except when given permission under high controlled conditions as provided for in the laws prohibiting them. Some of these prohibited items are the following:Dynamite gunpowder, ammunitions and other explosives, firearms and weapons of war, and parts thereof;Written or printed articles in any form containing any matter advocating or inciting treason, or rebellion, insurrection, sedition or subversion against the government of the Philippines, or containing any threat to take the life of, or inflict bodily harm upon any person in the Philippines.Written or printed articles, negatives or cinematographic film, photographs, engravings, lithographs, objects, paintings, drawing or other representations of an obscene or immoral character.Articles, instruments, drugs and substances designed, intended or adapted for producing unlawful abortion, or any printed matter which advertises or describes or gives directly or indirectly information where, how and by whom unlawful abortion is produced.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Philippines TARIFF AND DUTY RATES http://www.aseansec.org/14298.htm