Marriages

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

In some other topic there was talk of who would be happy to let their Filipina daughter marry or have a realationship with a foreigner. Some comments stated that it would be a no no due to various reasons including..sexpat mentality and persons met and perceived as not good enough.That's great....I'm of the same nature when protecting my daughter..as Dad's do....she isn't a Filipina though...So...If you had a western daughter....would you be happy for her to involve with a Filipino / Pinoy?

Edited by roy2cebu

Candyman
Posted
Posted

It would not matter to me one iota, what he was, as long as my daughter was happy, and he treated her right.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In some other topic there was talk of who would be happy to let their Filipina daughter marry or have a realationship with a foreigner. Some comments stated that it would be a no no due to various reasons including..sexpat mentality and persons met and perceived as not good enough.That's great....I'm of the same nature when protecting my daughter..as Dad's do....she isn't a Filipina though...So...If you had a western daughter....would you be happy for her to involve with a Filipino / Pinoy?
Yes, why not.There are many successful Filipino business men or plain honest Filipinos and the good people of the Philippines out number the bad just like anywhere else in the world.If thats who shes happy with and wants to be with then what right as a father of an adult does he have to interfere with someone else's personal relationship

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Well, if you are talking 'interfering'....why is it I hear that the saintly Pinoy son can get a girl pregnant but the indignant, 'catholic' ..hoho..family will veto that relationship as they are ashamed to have an unmarried mother in the family and push for the son (maggot) to gain prominence within a more acceptable relationship.Hypocrisy or what?

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yes, why not.There are many successful Filipino business men or plain honest Filipinos and the good people of the Philippines out number the bad just like anywhere else in the world.If thats who shes happy with and wants to be with then what right as a father of an adult does he have to interfere with someone else's personal relationship
So, twinkle toes, alien..whatever ur aka..what right have people to condemn foreigners as a prospective partner for their filipino daughter... My observations in my time in p'pines is that Filipinas within a financially stable environment will not give a second glance to an old fart foreigner...it's only the desperate trying to escape that will.Is it really adult choice or desperation to escape from the unresponsibility that your regular pinoy is?Maybe Filipinas lie with with their...I want old, cos responsible and true as young pinoy are no good, selfish and bastos....that is quote I hear frequently.From my experience...i wouldn't let a pinoy within a bull's roar of my daughter...thank god she's getting wed next year to a good, honest bloke Edited by roy2cebu

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So, twinkle toes, alien..whatever ur aka..what right have people to condemn foreigners as a prospective partner for their filipino daughter... My observations in my time in p'pines is that Filipinas within a financially stable environment will not give a second glance to an old fart foreigner...it's only the desperate trying to escape that will.Is it really adult choice or desperation to escape from the unresponsibility that your regular pinoy is?Maybe Filipinas lie with with their...I want old, cos responsible and true as young pinoy are no good, selfish and bastos....that is quote I hear frequently.From my experience...i wouldn't let a pinoy within a bull's roar of my daughter...thank god she's getting wed next year to a good, honest bloke
Your very bitter about the Philippines and the people Roy,why you are there I cant work out. Are you bitter in Australia too?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I would want our daughters to marry who they think is best for them, and in fact if you met the two ladies at our get together, and who my wife and I are proud to call our daughters, we have suggested to them quite a few times that they find a good Filipino, because while my wife and I are very happy together, it seems family and home are always important issues to her and most Filipinas, so I feel taking them away from everything they always knew, can also be unfair. So if our daughters met a good foreigner who wanted to marry them, and that they loved, then that would also be a good choice. Good and bad comes in all races, and my wife and I have had the privileged of having some wonderful male Filipino friends who also think playing the field is wrong. I judge the man, not his race.

Jake
Posted
Posted
So, twinkle toes, alien..whatever ur aka..what right have people to condemn foreigners as a prospective partner for their filipino daughter... My observations in my time in p'pines is that Filipinas within a financially stable environment will not give a second glance to an old fart foreigner...it's only the desperate trying to escape that will.Is it really adult choice or desperation to escape from the unresponsibility that your regular pinoy is?Maybe Filipinas lie with with their...I want old, cos responsible and true as young pinoy are no good, selfish and bastos....that is quote I hear frequently.From my experience...i wouldn't let a pinoy within a bull's roar of my daughter...thank god she's getting wed next year to a good, honest bloke
Hello Roy,I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from. First you started out in neutral with a reasonable question: "That's great....I'm of the same nature when protecting my daughter..as Dad's do....she isn't a Filipina though...So...If you had a western daughter....would you be happy for her to involve with a Filipino / Pinoy?"And then you go on a sarcastic attack with the Boss: "So, twinkle toes, alien..whatever ur aka.." because his replywas not to your liking?? And finally, your original question appears to be already loaded with your last declaration of: "i wouldn't let a pinoy within a bull's roar of my daughter...thank god she's getting wed next year to a good, honest bloke"I think it's obvious to the casual observer, that you are still bitter about this "one maggot" who happens to be aFilipino. Is it easy for you to stereotype a whole group because of one maggot? You and I could go back and forthabout white maggots vs brown maggots from all our travels in other countries, but that would be child's play. The bottom line is we are happy for your daughter marrying "a good, honest bloke". Please do not spoil that happymoment for your daughter by advertising your bitterness in this forum. Enough said -- Jake

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I would love my daughters to marry a pinoy if he is who they're in love with. The bottom line, no matter where they're from, is that they're good guys. I posted somewhere else that I wouldn't go around introducing my daughters to older retired guys, which is kind of the same reason, as you mentioned, that Pinays from wealthier families won't look twice at an old guy. On second thought, I shouldn't actually introduce my girls to ANY guys. That's their job. If they fell for an old guy, I'd want it to be for some reason other than I'm an alcoholic who stopped taking care of the family. If they have options, and still fall for an old guy, then I'll have to be supportive and protective the same as I would with a younger guy. At least if you're older and score with a younger girl who has other options available, it probably means you're one helluva guy, the same as it would if you did so back in your home country. So you don't fall under the false impression that it's just Filipinos who care about marrying into the right status - it's truly worldwide - I have a rich Taiwanese friend whose girlfriend was pregnant. His mother, however, didn't think the girl's family was good enough, so went behind the son's back and told the girl and her mother that if she didn't have an abortion, their family would be ruined. The girl aborted the baby, my friend didn't know, but when she fessed up, asked if they could still be together! He's now happily single and career-focused, and his parents kind of lost the right to push him into any more relationships.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I am not at all bitter...I love it here....just like being controversial now and again.Apologies to those offended