'bicol Express' Train Now Operational

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but item 7 is a kill joy for me. If I can't have my fresh baluts, green mangos with bagoon (smelly fish sauce)or mystery meat on a stick, no way Jose. Also look at the luggage limit (item 11). You ever seen a Filipino travellinglight? I would rather take a banca boat over land during the rainy season.....he, he.Balut fartin' -- Jakeinner-etiquette.gif Copied from PNR website: PROHIBITED INSIDE TRAINS AND STATIONS 1. Eating, drinking, smoking. 2. Being drunk or under the influence of drugs. 3. Guns, or any kind of weapons or pointed objects. 4. Balloons, balls, or any kind of firecrackers. 5. Paint, thinner, varnish, & similar chemicals.6. Bottled wine, fish saue or patis, & similar articles unless properly packed or wrapped. 7. Smelly food like fresh meat, fish, bagoon, & daing unless properly packed or wrapped. 8. Bicycles, skateboards, and other similar objects that may harm or hamper passengers.9. Playing the radio or musical instruments that might otherwise produce noise.10. Live animals.11. Big luggage exceeding 12"x18"x18" in volume.

Edited by Jake
sentence structure
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is the facebook link to this train,

shows the sleeping compartment, toilet and seating arrangements

http://www.facebook.com/pnrailways

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wow! Before I saw the pictures, I would have no problem riding the train!

What gives with the oversize bug screens? Hit a lot of livestock during runs, do they? That pink looks like it was painted 20 years ago and then left in the sun to fade... And the mechanicals look like they need overhaul too! Now I'm wondering just how safe it is!

Ah, heck! That just makes it more fun, right? After all, this is the Philippines!

:mocking:

• Like 1

BadBoy
Posted
Posted

I read about this train before, something was said about people throwing plastic bags of sh&t at it as it passes through the slums in Manila.

Campero
Posted
Posted

For some reason I can only hear Marlon Brando in a similar jungle setting saying, "THE HORROR" "THE HORROR" "THE HORROR"

Regards,

Campero

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

More news about the Bicol express

a story for those who may attend the Our Lady of Penafranca event

Naga City — A train ride makes a difference for devotees of Our Lady of Penafrancia especially when road repairs cause traffic build up, forcing buses to do unscheduled stops.

For the traveler, going and returning from the festivities, can be nothing short of a Lenten pilgrimage due to vehicular jams.

Bicol Express gives a good reason to enjoy long trips on a leisurely pace from Manila to Naga up to Ligao, Albay, and back.

Motorists have long complained the stretch in Quezon and Andaya highway in Camarines Norte and Sur as one experience duplicating Metro Manila’s gridlock.

General manager Junio Ragrario said more coaches were added for the Penafrancia run.

“The configuration is one Executive Sleeper Coach, three Family Sleeper Coaches, and one Tourist Coach,” he said.

Unlike its air-conditioned bus counterpart, the train’s tourist class has reclining seats that be repositioned to allow passengers to face each other.

The family or group section has cabins with upper and lower bunks furnished with reading lamps.

Business executives on the go will find the executive cabins a suitable workplace furnished with storable desk, retractable arm rest, and a lamp to do chores on a laptop in WiFi environment.

All told, spokesman Paul de Quiroz said Bicol Express is meant for traveling in style and comfort.

“Each coach has a male toilet, a female toilet, and a lavatory,” he said, adding that snack is served on board until the dining lounge is made available to serve the signature Bicol Express and other cuisine.

“Our fare is a lot cheaper,” said De Quiros, noting that trains leave Tutuban for Naga with stations in España, Manila, through Pasay Road, Alabang, Lucena, Hondagua, Tagkawayan, Ragay, Sipocot and Libman, Camartines Sur.

Fare from Manila to Naga and vice versa starts from P548 for the Reclining Seat, P665 for the Family Sleeper Coach, and P998 for the Executive Coach, de Quiros said.

Two marshals are deployed on every trip as security officers.

Online search shows bus fare from Manila to Naga and vice-versa is P800 to P1,000 in regular air con bus, and P1,200 in sleeper bus.

De Quiros said inquiry and reservations are accepted on landline (naga number)3190041 local 104.

The Mayon Limited Deluxe with Executive Lounge with Ordinary class has resumed the Manila-Ligao trips, he said.

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2012/09/15/penafrancia-by-train/

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Sounds great to me! I might just do this. Ellie's Mum is from just outside Naga, and I have an office in Legazpi City, so hey why not. To be honest when I go to the office in Legazpi City I have to drive down to Manila, and that is not good. Then I have to sit in that domestic airport, and wait for delayed flights to get to Legazpi, so I am thinking, this could be a bit of an adventure. Ellie, her Mum, Chiya and myself with our own Sleeper cabin. Why not?

I'll let you know.

Papa Carl

• Like 2