Xe For Money Transfers

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
I don't want to sound like the proverbial party pooper here but there are several members on here (myself included) who will have nothing to do with PayPal. PayPaL will not admit fault for any errors and you will be out your cash. I have a friend - a single mother - who was trying to support herself and her young son by making and selling a better grade bracelet through Ebay a few years ago... One person decided they didn't want to pay for it so, after the transaction was completed, they told PayPal they wanted their money back... PayPal froze her account (for one single false complaint) and reimbursed the customer who complained (and didn't sent back the bracelet) and then PayPal would not unfreeze her account for almost 2 years! When they did, all the money she had in the account was gone - and she was using this as her bank account (silly girl)... I thought that this was weird but, upon checking into it found that PayPal had given themselves the right to do this. There are thousands of others who have had this done to them as well... And they also gave themselves the right to freeze private accounts as well!To make this short and sweet - I refuse to go anywhere near PayPal!!!
thank you for that very good info. that is very scary, and people should be aware of. there are a lot of things that can trip the unwary especially dealing with finances.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
PayPal froze her account
Ditto. Same thing happened to me years ago but it was a minor inconvenience as I did not have much in there. I also would not touch PayPal but I realize that they are not the only ones who are like this. Xoom has shut my account in mid transaction (see other threads). My personal bank account was frozen by Revenue Canada because my ex wife made a complaint that I MIGHT be evading taxes. Hard to go back to Canada for an audit when I am here and my bank account is frozen.If I worried too much about every financial institution and what they could do, there would be no safe place left to put my money. Just don't keep it all in one basket.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
One thing I have been trying to find out is can I send money to myself. I could not find anything on their site saying No so I sent them a queerie to find out. I"ll let everybody know what I get back for the answer.
Well, I got my answer back from WorldRemit... And Yes!!! I can send money to myself!!! Here is the email they sent me:Dear Mr Lenson,Thank you for your enquery.We hereby confirm to you that it would be possible to transfer money to yourself in the Philippines using our services. It is also possible to transfer money from your (bank) account using the Interac online payment option on our website. We advise that you do a couple of transactions while still in Canada before you travel and also let us know when you are about to travel.Please, let us know how we may be of further assistance.Best regards.CUSTOMER SERVICE
  • Like 1