How Old Is Old Enough?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Something tells me that the things your wife has learned, both from you and just from life in general, will carry her a long way no matter where you are lingering after your departure from earth. :D She has tremendous beauty and grace coupled with a personality that attracts good things, like you! God will take care of the rest for you!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Something tells me that the things your wife has learned, both from you and just from life in general, will carry her a long way no matter where you are lingering after your departure from earth. :SugarwareZ-037: She has tremendous beauty and grace coupled with a personality that attracts good things, like you! God will take care of the rest for you!
Thank you Bob....... I have always felt that God helps those who help themselves and I have done my best to teach my wife how to help herself survive after I depart. I pray I have done a good job and that God will take care of her once I am gone, which I sure hope is a long way down the road....... I just hope some others will think about their age difference and the fact that they most likely will not be around forever and their ladies might then be of an age where they most likely will not be able to find another man, and if they do, that man might be after the money that he will assume they have after being with a Kano, (we are all Kano's in many Filipinos eyes) so IMO Kano's need to at least try to teach their ladies what to do and also do the best they can to try to provide an adequate monthly income for them after they are gone.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

The things mentioned are what I have worried about a lot for the past couple years. I have too many medical issues that can take me at any time, or leave me be for another 30 years...No one knows...One of the things I did was to work my butt off working overtime every week for the past 16 months to get 100% out of debt including paying off the house. I figure getting rid of the mortgage was like adding $1000 a month to any retirement income I have. It also means she will have a place to live without payment (other than taxes and insurance), after I am gone. I have survivor benefits set up for my military retirement so she willl get half of that. I took survivor benefits for my state retirement, so she will get all of that since I took a reduced amount while alive, she gets the same amount....Then she will get survivor benefits off my SS. I worry, and she is only 6 yrs younger than me....but because I could go at ANY time, I worry. She has shown little interest in returning to the PI...so she will have to survive here in the States.Since this is wife #4... I learned a lot going through the first 3...and nr 3 is died last year. All were close to my age at marriage...Before finding this last one, I did look at a few 20somethings...but could not make any connection with any of them....The one thing I did do was since I had planned to retire and stay in the PI, anyone I dated, I had them believing I would never return to the States....This weeded out the ones that were looking to get out of the country. The one I have now didn't want to come to the States....If I had not become deathly ill and required the medivac, she would never have come. Of course now she doesn't want to go back because her family would eat her alive financially and she knows it. Ive done what I can even to ease that like buying her parents a house & Lot to make sure they have a place to stay. The house will go to my wife's son I am sure after the parents are gone. This is the son I refuse to do anything for anymore, as he screwed his own life up after coming here. He deserted from the army to top it off, so he can never come back too the states which to me is a good thing. He is the type filipino that doesn't belong here, as he does not follow any laws. But back on topic...I have tried to set my wife up to be taken care of for the rest of her life once I am gone...jim

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

It is not age, it is maturity that counts. Some of Lee's male friends are immature at 50. I do not think it is just the womans maturity that counts.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
It is not age, it is maturity that counts. Some of Lee's male friends are immature at 50. I do not think it is just the womans maturity that counts.
Mrs Lee, something I've always said is that men may grow older but we never grow up. No matter our age we still feel and in many cases act like we're still in our 20s. So I can agree that alot depends on the man's maturity as well. As for me, based on past experience, I wouldn't date a girl that's not at least mid 20s...I'm still just 36 myself. I dated a girl for a short while in Korea who had just turned 21, and I'm sure it was just this girl, but she still had some maturing to do. Plus I've chatted a bit on line with girls as well and it just seems I have more in common and have much better conversations with girls who are least mid 20s. Saying that I do believe that age is only a number and if a couple's personalities fit then age should not be an issue.