What An Ordeal!

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I learned long ago, that swimming upstream in the pinas, will not work. so just go with the flow,grin and bear it, it keeps your blood pressure down.have another cold one, it keeps the mind numb. pork the ol lady, it keeps you alive and just enjoy life in the wild wild east. welcome to my country. :thumbs-up-smile: :) tanks ej.

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Sometimes there's a compromise between "grinning and bearing it" and demanding "Western standards." I don't have a lot of good examples, but I know that when I've been in a rush to get things done, they've usually gotten done. When I don't have the proper ID to enter the building in Makati with all the embassies (Canadian driver's license expired), I've been able to negotiate, leaving a good card with my name and an expired card with my face, with the promise that I'd have something different next time. When one taxi told me it'd be impossible to reach downtown in the time I needed, I jumped out and into another one, telling him 300 pesos for normal speed (already a tad extra) and 500 for lightspeed and danger! He had no qualms getting me there on time. I dunno... I just feel that every time I need something to get done and there's a deadline, I make it, but I ran around like a chicken with his balls cut off to do so. You don't have to demand things done JUST LIKE in the West, but you don't have to grin and bear it either. It's all about the hustle... I might have better stories to share if including Taiwan and Korea where I spent more time.

• Like 1