Balikbayan Box

brock
Posted
Posted

I am sending over a Balikbayan box this month to Cebu City from the UK, If any member would like anything from the UK sending over let me know, If you are missing your favourite gravy granules, bovril, sauces etc, drop me a message and I will do my best to get it for you. Regards Brock.

• 2 weeks later...
mookie1
Posted
Posted

Just had some of my personal effects sent from Bangkok. The shipment consisted of 9 plastic bins or approx: 250lbs or 1 cubic meter.Total worth $350 USD. It took 31 days to get here and after arriving at the Cebu pier and sitting for 8 days it ended up at the airport Customs facility...The 1st agent got $350 usd(bangkok) then i fired the 2nd. agent, as he wanted and additional 27,000 PHD(a list of charges as long as your arm) to pick it up and deliver to my door,. After securing another agent i was told i'd get it released in 2 days at a cost of 17,000 PHD..a 10,000 reduction. My stuff arrived with 1 box missing..(i'm working on that)..and most of the plastic bins were destroyed having the pieces held together with yards of tape..but the total cost was excessive for what was shipped. My feeling is..........it was a bad decision to ship anything here.......just buy new.....it's cheaper, and a lot less aggrivating. .

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

I am guessing you didn`t send Balikbayan boxes ?....Just normal freight ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am guessing you didn`t send Balikbayan boxes ?....Just normal freight ?
Its shows that the member who shipped plastic boxes did not ship Balikbayan boxes from his post,so you are right Brock as that makes shipping a different scenario.Sometimes or maybe all times its best to research things before doing them when it comes to a different country.

brock
Posted
Posted

Well I am sending over my box this week, So last chance if anybody wants anything sending over to Cebu, Just let me know.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just want you to know that lack of posting does not mean lack of appreciation. Its great of you to offer. I guess we are all happy with what we have and that's a good thing.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have sent 20 boxes so far to Manila, Cebu and Samar. Only one was gotten into by wetting and then pushing in the cardboard to get under the tape. used cell phones stolen. Other than that, none opened by customs, nothing damaged.

• Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Same with Bruce...I have shipped a LOT of stuff here and I am always amazed that it arrives, and always in great shape. My entire gym was sent here...plates and HEAVY boxes. I'm sitting in a office chair I sent...450 pound weight limit, that I would never find here. I end up breaking these things within a year because I lean back at all times blue toothing, and no taxes, vats, fees...anything....TV, new. Did pay a tax with that, but up front with the shipping company. Balikbayan rocks!...use a good long standing company and you should have no issues.

• 3 weeks later...
Bruce
Posted
Posted

3 more boxes delivered yesterday. No customs issues or breakage.

• Like 1

Warlord
Posted
Posted

IS there customs fees charged on the value of the items in the Balikbayan boxes as the same if you ship FedEx or UPS of Dhl or is it covered by the shippers/fowarders I have always wonered this queation... I have talked to a friend and he say that if you ship a container you can pay allot of shipping fees but he knew his brothers wife who knows everyone and wow she was able to get a really big savings for him... But she indeed is active in all things and knows many filipino in Cebu unlike many Im sure.. Can anyone clue me on shipping something into the Philippines IS EVERYTHING taxes at customs? Thanx Warlord