Dating Via Snail Mail

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

not offended here, my wife and I were introduced while she was visiting her brother in Los angeles (worked at the phil consulate) wrote to each other for 18 months before the ball and chain was attached for good.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I tried the 'pen pal' approach to dating a long time ago. Also the email type of correspondence in a more recent time. These did not work for me because I am not patient enough. However, I don't like the modern communication of constant texting, cam chatting and instant messaging as I find them too intrusive and smothering. I begin to see that these approaches have their place with different personalities and my 'type' is in the middle. I need face to face conversation and I also need my own space at times, (more specifically not tethered to the end of a cell phone or computer). I feel the same whether I am dating, living with, or married to someone.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
ford_model_t_henry.jpg Mr Lee getting dressed to impress for his first date with his wheels aimed to score...guys, what was it like before electricity? :lol: As far as mail order brides, I believe they have been around for ages, and I guess this can sort of be like it, but so is internet dating in third world countries on a whole. I personally find nothing wrong with it, nor any differences in finding love. Lee can be a lot of things to a lot of people, but one thing you can be sure of...his love and devotion to his wife and he being happily married. :unsure: Lee, you still have that car?...it would be worth a fortune in mint condition.
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee, you still have that car?...it would be worth a fortune in mint condition.
I wish I did. The below is me on the right and my friend inspector sitting in front of my future home, because of the stock market, and I did not even date inspector via the internet or letters. :unsure:post-40-0-05316700-1313531867_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Lee, you still have that car?...it would be worth a fortune in mint condition.
I wish I did. The below is me on the right and my friend inspector sitting in front of my future home, because of the stock market, and I did not even date inspector via the internet or letters. :lol:post-40-0-05316700-1313531867_thumb.jpg
I'd kill for his full head of hair.... :lol: And please, don't talk about the stock market because it will turn deadly political and I am still amazed at how this President has ANY supporters... :lol: While I was in the Navy, I had a few girlfriends in every port and did a lot of writing....I believe I am the father of at least 2000 kids. :lol: Joking! :lol: Can't be more then 100. Quick funny story...had a friend while stationed at pearl harbor, red haired and a bit of a wild dude...fun as hell. Anyway, he had this letter from a pinay with a kid saying it was his with a photo attached, and he was saying no way...of course the kid was filipino and had RED hair...so we sort of had to believe he was the dad (before DNA testing of course)...and when we would suggest that he "might" be the father and he should send over some cash to help out, he would fly off the handle, finally cursing his flame red hair. I don't know if he ever sent over any dough for the mom, but here is some free Inspector advice.. if you have red hair...never make babies with a dark haired beauty unless you willing to pay for support. :unsure: