Two Honest Filipinos

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It is the posts like this that reaffirm that my decision to move to the Philippines was the right decision. Of course this will happen no matter where we go but it's always good to hear - especially when we hear so many negative stories! Thanks Mike!

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
janjanboy24
Posted
Posted

most filipinos are naturally honest  .. wow! thanks for sharing this story sir! :)

• Like 4

Julia
Posted
Posted

Here is couple stories to add:

Even though the ERUF has been operating as a free public service for years, most Cebuanos are not aware of this. I have personally seen this several times, after we have arrived, given our handover to the receiving nurse, the family of the patient has tried to give ERUF staff money. I have never ever seen one paramedic take 1 peso.

I got dropped off by taxi at SM last year on the side where all the Jeepnees are lined up, while I was paying the taxi driver, 500peso fell out of my pocket, but I did not notice. One of the little street urchins that was selling water in the area picked it up and came up to me and said "Sir you drop money", she was about 6 or 7. I was so impressed I said "sweetheart you can keep it", she refused many times saying she did not deserve it. As a result, I bought every bottle of water she was carrying and said the rest was the tip. Many of these little kids I see in the middle of the road, especially on the way to SM can hardly look into your taxi....LOL....most of them I would give 500peso if they would just get off the road and go home :dance:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The owner chased me out to the street to give me half the entrance fee back, I really was not expecting that.

You normally find, that smaller and less frequented places are in the main more honest.

Of course, they want you to call again, so it is always in their interest.

• Like 4

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Had a bag returned after I left it in a taxi last week. That's in Cebu.

I always photo the taxi ID or plate number now, so I can be linked up with my stuff if forgotten.

The LTFRB in Cebu are well run. One guy in there made a big effort to make sure I got my bag and thanks to him giving me his number, I was able to know when to go in to collect the bag. I didn't tip him but maybe I could send him load. (How much would be appropriate? )

• Like 5

fred
Posted
Posted

Mrs went to the market and bought 2 large bags of veg (Over 1,000 Pesos)..her last purchase was to get 2 kilo`s of mangoes..

Gets home and realizes all she has are the mangoes.. Left the bags outside the mango stall.

She told me it was OK and she would pick up the veg the next day.. I laughed.

Guess who had the last laugh?

I could n`t believe it!!

• Like 5