Two Honest Filipinos

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Had a bag returned after I left it in a taxi last week. That's in Cebu.

I always photo the taxi ID or plate number now, so I can be linked up with my stuff if forgotten.

The LTFRB in Cebu are well run. One guy in there made a big effort to make sure I got my bag and thanks to him giving me his number, I was able to know when to go in to collect the bag. I didn't tip him but maybe I could send him load. (How much would be appropriate? )

I would send him at least 200 p load maybe more depending on what I had left in the cab

Good behaviour should be rewarded

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Had a bag returned after I left it in a taxi last week. That's in Cebu.

I always photo the taxi ID or plate number now, so I can be linked up with my stuff if forgotten.

The LTFRB in Cebu are well run. One guy in there made a big effort to make sure I got my bag and thanks to him giving me his number, I was able to know when to go in to collect the bag. I didn't tip him but maybe I could send him load. (How much would be appropriate? )

A HINT can perhaps be in Sweden 10 % of the value is custom ( extra if it's just personal value). 

A complication in your case is it's a part of his work to handle such, so the question is - "What is it worth the EXTRA he did more than what he is expected to do for his salary?"

• 1 month later...
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted Today, 01:18 AM We had the laundry sent out and it was returned with a little well sealed envelope containing P100 in small bills and loose change that were stuck in some of the pockets - the girl refused to take anything as a tip. 

I think this just about sums up, what we have all been saying, There ARE honest people out there and we come across them, in many peculiar ways sometimes.  :thumbsup:

Morning All  :morning1:  :tiphat:

• Like 5

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Love these posts! Should be mandatory reading for all visitors to the site! I know I know, can't do that, but wish there was a way for everyone who visited the website to read.

My wife and I go to the wet market every weekend, and it is not an unusual event for her to either forget some if not all the bags from a stall, or what is more frightening is that she frequently forgets to wait for the change. I can't count the number of times that the person working on the stall, tracks us down and gives us our bags of goods, or the change she has forgotten. I guess there is no way of knowing if this happens everytime, but it does happen often!

I have been the victim of Filipinos taking advantage of "the foreigner", but in most cases the Filipino in question was already well off by Filipino standards, or a taxi or trike driver. So it is good to be reminded the "True Nature" of most Filipinos.

Thanks guys

Papa Carl

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
My wife and I go to the wet market every weekend,

You go to the wet market with your wife?  No wonder they chase you down!  Your wife is paying double for the goods due to the dollar sign on your forehead!   :hystery:  They want you coming back again and again!  

Kidding of course, kinda, a little bit!  Nice to see you posting again!   :)

• Like 2