Medical Insurance in the Philippines

markpa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok guys I thought before I came there I had to have some kind of health ins. Like a Expat Ins. You know Emergency Evacuation, and all that stuff, like Cigma  and other expat ins companies. Its like $3,000 a month!! Now on my 2nd extension  I can get Phil Health. that's good.:SugarwareZ-005: Ok maybe it won't cover scripts, but I can handle that ok. can I go to any clinic or hospital on it? :shades: 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
changed title for search engines

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, markpa said:

Evacuation

Mark, there are a lot of topics that cover the pros and cons of Phil Health and other insurance programs. But short and sweet Phil Health will only cover a person who is "admitted" to a hospital. I am not fully versed anymore, but the smart play is to bring some type of insurance with you if possible. Due diligence and research should be conducted prior to a move to preclude any misconceptions. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Age is the factor with private health, once you hit the magic figure of 65 it is difficult to get and expensive (more expensive I should say).  Phil health as I have been told only covers a part of your hospitalisatio but better than nothing and it is very inexpensive.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Please try and write topic titles in a search engine friendly way.  I changed this one and probably every one you have written so that these topics get indexed in google etc.

Topic titles, like "just wondering" do nothing for anyone whether they are searching for information on a subject or looking in google. 

:thumbsup:

• Like 5

markpa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Please try and write topic titles in a search engine friendly way.  I changed this one and probably every one you have written so that these topics get indexed in google etc.

Topic titles, like "just wondering" do nothing for anyone whether they are searching for information on a subject or looking in google. 

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Ok Jollly Sorry. Mark

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I intend to compare notes and find out what my nearest hospital and St. Luke's in Manila will take and that is the insurance I will get. Insurance in the Philippines is a lot more reasonable than in the US. There is a thread on it.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Phil health is cheap and you should def get it, but it wont cover all. I just had a son a month ago with Anne and she was on Phil health. We had our son in one of the nicest children's hospitals in Iloilo (if not the nicest) called Qualimed Iloilo. Overall her and our sons total bill was about 70k pesos and Phil Health paid about 1/4 out of it. Still nice as it costed her pennies. She stayed in the Hospital for 2.5 days in a 2 person share room (private rooms were full - if possible get a private room as it is much quieter and would have only costed us a few thousand pesos extra). Son stayed in for 5 days. She also had to visit the same hospital 3-4 months before birth because she felt sick and weak. Phil Health paid about Half of the 7-8k bill. Definitely worth to get Phil Health if you can!

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 5

markpa
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Phil health is cheap and you should def get it, but it wont cover all. I just had a son a month ago with Anne and she was on Phil health. We had our son in one of the nicest children's hospitals in Iloilo (if not the nicest) called Qualimed Iloilo. Overall her and our sons total bill was about 70k pesos and Phil Health paid about 1/4 out of it. Still nice as it costed her pennies. She stayed in the Hospital for 2.5 days in a 2 person share room (private rooms were full - if possible get a private room as it is much quieter and would have only costed us a few thousand pesos extra). Son stayed in for 5 days. She also had to visit the same hospital 3-4 months before birth because she felt sick and weak. Phil Health paid about Half of the 7-8k bill. Definitely worth to get Phil Health if you can!

:89: Oh I plan on it soon as I get my tourist visa renewed for the 2nd time. My problem, the Expat insurance, with the added in EMS Care Flight in case I ever need it. t instead of $3,000 a month, my god, I can get a much lower plan with the same benefits, but I still got to keep working on looking for a decent plan for a lot less. you imagine paying cash to be taken to the US on a medical flight,.i could never afford that, and their a pay up for the service. Happy to hear about you having a new son. And half of the bill being covered. Take Care.Mark

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, markpa said:

:89: Oh I plan on it soon as I get my tourist visa renewed for the 2nd time. My problem, the Expat insurance, with the added in EMS Care Flight in case I ever need it. t instead of $3,000 a month, my god, I can get a much lower plan with the same benefits, but I still got to keep working on looking for a decent plan for a lot less. you imagine paying cash to be taken to the US on a medical flight,.i could never afford that, and their a pay up for the service. Happy to hear about you having a new son. And half of the bill being covered. Take Care.Mark

3k usd a month for insurance here??? I think you are best to skip that. In one post you said that you had 5-6 properties in the US and you are selling them. Dont waste your money on the 3k usd a mont insure here and just keep 10-20k or more for emergency use. You dont need med evacuation here if you have enought money for a proper hospital... When you sell the propertys, you will have plenty of money for a comfy life and emergencys (unless you plan to party and spend tens of thousands usd a month).

Edited by Sander Martin

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, markpa said:

If you were being Medi-Vacd I doubt you would make the U.S. Anything can be had here as long as you have the money to pay, I have no doubt in Manila there is a world class hospital with services to match any thing that can be had. Doesn't the US have hospital facilities on Guam. Singapore (4hrs flying) Hong Kong, Bangkok, Vietnam even all have first class hospitals and doctors, would be much quicker and closer if ever you did need emergency treatment

• Like 3