Medical Insurance in the Philippines

jpbago
Posted
Posted

For me, I get 60 days coverage from my former employer but I cannot take out Pacific Cross after that as I am already in the country so I buy Philhealth for the 6 months that I am here. Once, while in Macau, I took out Blue Cross Travel Insurance for 4 months in PI at 16,000p. I have Pacific Cross Medical Insurance for my wife and 2 daughters for the year at 26,000p. It covers my wife for 30 days in Canada as well. We made one claim with Pacific Cross last October but it has not been reimbursed yet after 6 weeks to the day. They told us in 2 or 3 weeks so we call every week after the first 2 and get a wait until next week excuse.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 12/9/2016 at 0:22 PM, jpbago said:

For me, I get 60 days coverage from my former employer but I cannot take out Pacific Cross after that as I am already in the country so I buy Philhealth for the 6 months that I am here. Once, while in Macau, I took out Blue Cross Travel Insurance for 4 months in PI at 16,000p. I have Pacific Cross Medical Insurance for my wife and 2 daughters for the year at 26,000p. It covers my wife for 30 days in Canada as well. We made one claim with Pacific Cross last October but it has not been reimbursed yet after 6 weeks to the day. They told us in 2 or 3 weeks so we call every week after the first 2 and get a wait until next week excuse.

I hope you get your payment ok, this type of behaviour by Insurance Companies is not a new innovation.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 12/9/2016 at 1:22 PM, jpbago said:

Well, I finally got reimbursed after 7 weeks. The 80/20 co-pay policy paid only 52% of the total bill as the doctor charged double the amount per day that Pacific Cross allows plus there was no semi-private rooms at Riverside so we had to take a private room. I had thought that Riverside would charge us for semi but no luck. Then they said some meds were cancelled whatever that means. I would have been better off with PhilHealth than with Pacific Cross.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

As a reminder, Aussies, Kiwis first choice must be 1 cover.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

As a reminder, Aussies, Kiwis first choice must be 1 cover.

Or for anyone else going only to Australia. I wrote to see if I, a Canadian, could be covered in Philippines and they said:  You would only be able to utilize a visitors to Australia policy if you are travelling throughout Australia only.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edit: meant to post elsewhere, I got the wrong tab.

Edited by robert k

• 2 weeks later...
Mike Campos
Posted
Posted
On 5/19/2016 at 5:27 AM, markpa said:

:thumbsup:  Nope not in the P.I. yet next year if all goes well.Good your getting Phil Health, if you get private health let me know ok,and what the coverage is and cost.Thanks.Mark

Please guys Phil health is very insufficient. I suggest you get a private international health insurance. I can help you where and how to get one. The premium is not really so bad.

Mike Campos
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

if you get a commision on it you better send some pesos my way as you would be breaking the rules and I'm not in the best mood. 

sorry, just trying to help to keep you guys from huge medical expenses here in the Philippines.