American Forces asked to leave the Southern Philippines

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

If there are Americans here on the fence about moving back to the US this guy is going to make their decision easy.    

I already emailed back home that I may be returning soon. I'll be checking flight schedules and air fares, next.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I would be pleased to see all US military aid stopped and all personal depart Philippines including visiting ships and aircraft. Filipinos are very able to defend their island and defeat rebel groups if they choose to do so. The US has been played by Filipino politicians long enough. Our treasure and the lives of our young people are too valuable.

• Like 4

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Old55 said:

The US has been played by Filipino politicians long enough. 

Who's playing who? The past Philippine Presidents have been puppets of the United States and that includes FM.

• Like 2

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I would be pleased to see all US military aid stopped and all personal depart Philippines including visiting ships and aircraft. Filipinos are very able to defend their island and defeat rebel groups if they choose to do so. The US has been played by Filipino politicians long enough. Our treasure and the lives of our young people are too valuable.

I agree with your post except for the "Filipinos are very able to defend their island and defeat rebel groups if they choose to do so" part. The Philippines could never defend themselves against an invasion of the Philippines by the Chinese, not that I am saying that will happen but it is not beyond the realm of possibility. The Chinese want to completely control the South China Seas. The US is bound by the 1951 Mutual Defense Treaty Between the Republic of the Philippines and the United States of America. Should the Philippines be attacked by another country the US has to come to their defense. These treaty can be abrogated, especially if Duterte continues to call the President of the United States a "son of a whore". This man is a fool, alienating the US in not a good thing for the Philippines. This man is dangerous and will do no good for the Philippine people.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

I agree with your post except for the "Filipinos are very able to defend their island and defeat rebel groups if they choose to do so" part. The Philippines could never defend themselves against an invasion of the Philippines by the Chinese, not that I am saying that will happen but it is not beyond the realm of possibility. The Chinese want to completely control the South China Seas. The US is bound by the 1951 Mutual Defense Treaty Between the Republic of the Philippines and the United States of America. Should the Philippines be attacked by another country the US has to come to their defense. These treaty can be abrogated, especially if Duterte continues to call the President of the United States a "son of a whore". This man is a fool, alienating the US in not a good thing for the Philippines. This man is dangerous and will do no good for the Philippine people.

China won't invade the the Philippines. China shares borders with several other states and they wouldn't have to invade it would be more of a drifting migration. Yet China has done no such thing. Vietnam would be one such example as they do not share the best of relations with China.

How many soldiers do you think China could land on day 1 of an invasion? If they were totally unopposed I figure it somewhere south of 40,000 and probably a week before they could manage that again. It's not like nobody would see them coming either. This isn't WW2 where you can feint one landing spot and land at another, there are satellites now. If there were anything that would unite muslim and Christian in the Philippines, it would be the attempted invasion of the populated islands by China. Muslims don't like China. China may sweep up the unpopulated islands but if the Philippines really wanted them, they should have settled the islands. From what I hear China has started farms as well as military bases and missile installations.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

"China won't invade the Philippines." Several of the Philippines' wonderful 7000+ islands already sport lovely uninvited Chinese airfields, ports, and other military facilities.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

This man is a fool, alienating the US in not a good thing for the Philippines. This man is dangerous and will do no good for the Philippine people.

Suffice to say that his economy to do as he wishes, can soon be eroded, Hurt him where it hurts "In his Pocket"

Just send home ALL the OFW's . That will surely be a tit for tat that would surely make him sit and think a little. 

There would be many 000,000's of very unhappy Filipinos and the families they support not to mention all the rest that they are good for in the scheme of things. Harsh! Yep! but What is "Good for the Goose" Springs to mind.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Reboot said:

"China won't invade the Philippines." Several of the Philippines' wonderful 7000+ islands already sport lovely uninvited Chinese airfields, ports, and other military facilities.

If you are replying to me, I stated China would not invade inhabited islands.

I said China would sweep up all the uninhabited islands.

I will add that they will do it in spite of the nonexistent heroic defense and squandering of 0 rounds of ordinance. China being polite has displaced none of the inhabitants, oh wait! There were no inhabitants...nevermind.

Historically, land/islands with nobody living on them were always fair game and probably always will be. Unenforceable court decisions are meaningless. China is actually starting farms and presumably settling farmers on the islands which is the correct way to claim uninhabited real estate. In US civil law, it would be considered "Adverse Posession", meaning you weren't there, you weren't using/caring for the property so I moved in and now it's mine and after a prescribed period of time, a US civil court would agree.

If anyone was willing to go to war over China's taking of the uninhabited islands, there would be war right now. That is why I say the Hague decision is unenforceable/meaningless. The islands are outside the 12 mile limit of a whole lot of countries who claim them. I predict that the country that will own them is the country that settles them...as it has always been, unless someone take the islands from China by force of arms or as rarely happens, a country may sell territory it has claimed, Louisiana purchase or Alaska would be a couple of examples.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Someone else's post is being attributed to me in Jacks post.

Edited by robert k

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mr. Bobo said:

This man is a fool, alienating the US in not a good thing for the Philippines. This man is dangerous and will do no good for the Philippine people.

Here is who posted the quoted passage.