American Forces asked to leave the Southern Philippines

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mr Bobo,

If I had to give marks out of ten for honesty you would get 10/10

I have two Lot's in Mindanao, one overlooking, it was my dream to build a retirement home overlooking the sea.

Although I feel quite safe there, being a permanent resident, I feel is out of the question.

However I would consider elsewhere in PI rather than risk building on the land we already have.

Two factor's for anyone to take in are, Safety and Health (medical facilities)

Respectfully JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Not to split hairs here but Islam is a religion. It is one of the three Abrahamic monotheistic religions; Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. It is Political Islam (Islamism) that is the ideology. All your Radical Islamic groups would fall into the Political Islam (Islamism) category, and you are right they come in all different colors and races.  

The religion is also an ideology. 

i·de·ol·o·gy
ˌīdēˈäləjē,ˌidēˈäləjē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

Islam itself contains a set of economic and political ideas and ideals. 

Edited by Reboot

DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted

The achilles heel of fundamentalist islam is their claim to be "morally superior" over the West.  The reason so is their morality is a false one because it's only achieved by having the sword at the people's neck.  If you stray just a little, it's certain death.

True morality is when you're free to sin without the consequences of death, but still choose not to.  Though the West is certainly a degenerated culture now due to feminism and liberalism it still has freedom and the ability for people to be truly moral if the choose.

• Like 2

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Kuya John said:

However I would consider elsewhere in PI rather than risk building on the land we already have.

Duterte not only wants to expel the US Special Forces from the Southern Philippines but his comment said all "whites". My sympathies are with you as that basically means that you (and other "whites") will in effect have to forfeit you property if you have to move. Even though you don't legally own it you did pay for it. I hope for you sake he backs off.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Duterte not only wants to expel the US Special Forces from the Southern Philippines but his comment said all "whites".

I wonder if this is just his diarrhea of the mouth or if he realizes that Americans come in all colors.  Has he noticed that the president of the US is not white either?

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mr. Bobo said:

his comment said all "whites".

AWE come! on this has to be just Huff and Puff from a man at the head of a Country that proclaims it is Tourist Friendly, We have members here and I have many friends on this unsafe? Island that do not feel Intimidated at all by this and other Outburst from him. Are we really going to see a Reversed 'Apartheid' because that is what it sounds like he wants.

Here on Negros. Even the Locals steer clear of Mindanao. and I am certain they are just as angry as everyone here seems to be. " Pride before a fall" just happens to spring to mind here. His Predecessor started all this with giving the Autonomy, can we not see that he is just wanting to seem like a better man.:89:

For me, I am not Even going to consider anywhere, that unsafe if we all do as we say from time to time,

Dont be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, saying the wrong thing, to the wrong person.

Following JGF's words, even Here, on the Forum :thumbsup:  (yes I know I have at times But...................:smile: Who hasn't :whistling:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, DonJuanMatus said:

The achilles heel of fundamentalist islam is their claim to be "morally superior" over the West.  The reason so is their morality is a false one because it's only achieved by having the sword at the people's neck.  If you stray just a little, it's certain death.

True morality is when you're free to sin without the consequences of death, but still choose not to.  Though the West is certainly a degenerated culture now due to feminism and liberalism it still has freedom and the ability for people to be truly moral if the choose.

You hit the nail right on the head. Islam, historically has been spread by the word. The Christians and Protestants had their problems a few hundred years ago but they moved on. Islam refuses to. In Pakistan and India the Shia and Sunni blow up each other's mosques on a tit for tat basis. Ironically they always do the bombings on Friday, the Islamic holy day. Not all the Muslims doing the bombings are "radical Islamists" in the western sense. The dogma of Islam, and the hatred between the Shia and Sunni is the main driver. How often to you see a Baptist blow up a Roman Catholic church? The western world is starting to wake up to the threat that radical Islam represents. The irony here is the liberals in the US , the very people who ignore the threat of radical Islam, will be the first ones to be beheaded by ISIS!

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

http://www.manilatimes.net/us-forces-here-to-stay-defense-secretary/285910/

The Philippines still has a Congress and Senate just like the US and they do have a say on what goes on in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Reboot said:

The religion is also an ideology. 

7 hours ago, Reboot said:

Islam itself contains a set of economic and political ideas and ideals. 

I am sorry that my post had to send you to a dictionary for the definition of the word "ideology" as that was not my intent. All religions are "ideologies" in the truest sense of the word, but generally they are refer to as religions not ideologies. My intent was to point out that political Islam is more of an ideology than a religion.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

http://www.manilatimes.net/us-forces-here-to-stay-defense-secretary/285910/

The Philippines still has a Congress and Senate just like the US and they do have a say on what goes on in the Philippines.

:89: Hmmmmmmmm true but then, if he don't like what they say and he can't get his own way, might he play what he thinks is his Trump (no pun intended) Card and do as Marcos did and go down the 'Martial Law Road"?