American Forces asked to leave the Southern Philippines

RBM
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Duterte not only wants to expel the US Special Forces from the Southern Philippines but his comment said all "whites". My sympathies are with you as that basically means that you (and other "whites") will in effect have to forfeit you property if you have to move. Even though you don't legally own it you did pay for it. I hope for you sake he backs off.  

My feelings  is he is using this angle to try help the situation regarding the AS and other terror groups. Perhaps it will make negotiations with some easier without the US having  a presence. I do  not except the all whites meaning how it reads. Just the mouth over reacting.

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmmmmm true but then, if he don't like what they say and he can't get his own way, might he play what he thinks is his Trump (no pun intended) Card and do as Marcos did and go down the 'Martial Law Road"?

He may decide that but I really don't think he wants to go down that road and end up like FM.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DonJuanMatus said:

The achilles heel of fundamentalist islam is their claim to be "morally superior" over the West.  The reason so is their morality is a false one because it's only achieved by having the sword at the people's neck.  If you stray just a little, it's certain death.

True morality is when you're free to sin without the consequences of death, but still choose not to.  Though the West is certainly a degenerated culture now due to feminism and liberalism it still has freedom and the ability for people to be truly moral if the choose.

Morality without free choice isn't morality at all.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

http://www.manilatimes.net/us-forces-here-to-stay-defense-secretary/285910/

The Philippines still has a Congress and Senate just like the US and they do have a say on what goes on in the Philippines.

For now at least.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

The Philippines still has a Congress and Senate just like the US and they do have a say on what goes on in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, it seems that while they talk, Duterte acts.  But that may just be the perception.

• Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, DonJuanMatus said:

True morality is when you're free to sin without the consequences of death, but still choose not to.  Though the West is certainly a degenerated culture now due to feminism and liberalism it still has freedom and the ability for people to be truly moral if the choose.

Give me your definition of "Morality" and I'll bet it doesn't match with mine. Is it only "moral" behaviour when it matches your ideal? The West's "degenerated culture" is a damn site better now than it was before and feminism and liberalism have a hell of a lot to do with it, even if in the odd case it's been taken to lengths beyond common sense. People should be free to be who and what they are without fear of persecution from anybody else, so long as they are not causing harm to anyone (except maybe themselves).

I might be up for some "sinning" myself this weekend but I'll try and keep off the deadly ones. :cheersty:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Duterte not only wants to expel the US Special Forces from the Southern Philippines but his comment said all "whites". My sympathies are with you as that basically means that you (and other "whites") will in effect have to forfeit you property if you have to move I hope for you sake he backs off.  Even though you don't legally own it you did pay for it.

Correct it's in my wifes name, I dont think he would go as far as to expel "all whites" the backlash would have too greater consequences.

(It is noticable that Isis have targeted Countries whose economy relies on Tourism to some extent in the hope of destablising their tourist industry.)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

I dont think he would go as far as to expel "all whites"

As far as I remember his statement about all whites was in the conflict area and not the whole Philippines. I agree with what you say and what I see happening in this thread with some other posts is the same as the media do and pull out different meanings to what he the president has said.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Let's get off the religion topic please.  :ok:

• Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2016 at 7:57 AM, Mr. Bobo said:

I don't know what age you are but I assume you grew up during the Cold War when Communism and the USSR was the terrible enemy like many of us on the forum. Radical Islam is a different animal. I personally think that it is the greatest threat facing civilized man in the 21st century, especially given the easy access to automatic weapons, bombs, etc. Just look at Paris, Brussels, San Bernadino, Ca, Orlando, Fla etc. Radical Islam is not a nation state. These nutcases are everywhere and they come in all different colors. It's a difficult enemy to defeat that is if can even be defeated. I worked in the Middle East for 15 years and had many Muslims friends, of course they were mainstream moderate Muslims just like 99% of Muslims on the planet. It's the other 1% that we have to worry about. When I was a kid I didn't have to worry about some radical Islamist whipping out an AK47 and blowing me away at the local mall. To paraphrase Bob Dylan "The times, they are a changing".

The way to defeat radical islam is to stop doing things which creates more terrorists. Every time the US and its allies kill non combatant women and children with bombs using drones or planes there will be male relatives who may become radicalized. Just stop messing around in the middle east and elsewhere in the world. Bring all the troops home. Let the radicals in other parts of the world break up into factions and kill each other as they fight over power.

• Like 5