American Forces asked to leave the Southern Philippines

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, earthdome said:

The way to defeat radical islam is to stop doing things which creates more terrorists. Every time the US and its allies kill non combatant women and children with bombs using drones or planes there will be male relatives who may become radicalized. Just stop messing around in the middle east and elsewhere in the world. Bring all the troops home. Let the radicals in other parts of the world break up into factions and kill each other as they fight over power.

Got to agree regarding the Middle East. As far as I can recall, the only time the US did something there which didn't make some major group mad was when we left Lebanon.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, earthdome said:

The way to defeat radical islam is to stop doing things which creates more terrorists. Every time the US and its allies kill non combatant women and children with bombs using drones or planes there will be male relatives who may become radicalized. Just stop messing around in the middle east and elsewhere in the world. Bring all the troops home. Let the radicals in other parts of the world break up into factions and kill each other as they fight over power.

We can't. But it is a valid point.

We have these written and unwritten deals with both Israel and Saudi Arabia. And we have always opposed Russia's attempts at expanded influence in the Middle East.

Deposing Saddam Hussain was a massive political miscalculation. Which has been the catalyst for the factions fo fight for political influence throughout the region.

We should have let them fight it out in Afghanistan.

And we would not have encroached Yemen even in a support role if it wasn't for the pending 1 billion arms deal with the Saudi's.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Tough to never have collateral damage when the enemy base themselves in hospitals and schools.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Time to let Filipinos figure things out on their own. I support bringing our folks home from Philippines. Clearly we are not wanted our forces and treasure should be saved for better things.

I have a deep love for Filipinos but they have made a choice. Choices have consequences.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Choices have consequences.

'Music to my ears' but do they ever listen? OH! They hear but..................:huh::whistling:

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Time to let Filipinos figure things out on their own. I support bringing our folks home from Philippines. Clearly we are not wanted our forces and treasure should be saved for better things.

I have a deep love for Filipinos but they have made a choice. Choices have consequences.

I once saw a protest march outside of US Embassy, Manila which showed a protest sign saying YANKEES GO HOME but please take me with you.  

I think it's time that we should take stock of our own internal problems and immediately cut off military aid to countries no longer appreciate our support and kindness.  

Will the Philippines become like another Hong Kong under the red flag?

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jake said:

I once saw a protest march outside of US Embassy, Manila which showed a protest sign saying YANKEES GO HOME but please take me with you.  

I think it's time that we should take stock of our own internal problems and immediately cut off military aid to countries no longer appreciate our support and kindness.  

Will the Philippines become like another Hong Kong under the red flag?

In the eventuality that such a situation would arise, I would say no, not like HK. HK was a thriving concern before GB gave it back to China. I think the best that could result would be similar to Vietnam, which would probably be quite a step up.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

HK was a thriving concern before GB gave it back to China.

Very much so but one has to Remember that UK only Leased HK & that was on a 99 year lease which the UK Honoured.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

They told the US to leave before and the economy in certain areas plummeted.Biting the hand that feeds you springs to mind which all too often is a familiar occurrence here.

• Like 3