Dog Mauls Passenger On Delta Flight

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Many airports I have been in have those electric taxis to transport elderly and PWD up and down those long corridors.

I would have to fake it

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

The wife used to work for TSA before we retired. You would be amazed (or perhaps not :whistling:) at how many "special needs dogs" where allowed due to stress disabilities. They just got a prescription for stress because they didn't want poor pookie to have to be put in luggage :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just now, scott h said:

You would be amazed (or perhaps not :whistling:) at how many "special needs dogs" where allowed due to stress disabilities.

Same in Canada.  And the majority of people are OK with it, so long as "pookie" is so cute.  I dislike it because 25 years ago my daughter had a severe allergy to animal dander.  So much so that she would spend a week in hospital every time she was around an animal.  Her rights were dismissed as unimportant compared to the rights of those who "require" a service dog.

I have yet to figure out how some people can make such a fuss about people abusing the PWD parking space in front of Walmart and yet try so hard to beat the system when it comes to their favorite pet.  But I guess I would have to be a pet lover to understand fully.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

to the rights of those who "require" a service dog.

I read "Labrador' is that Right? They are normally the chosen service dog because of there very usual placid nature, so Either the Dog was not a Service dog (That would be used/trained to varying environments) and just a Dog. Now, given what I have said just, what did (If anything) did the person in the Window seat do or say (Harsh voice) to upset a Normally well behaved and Placid Dog Having said that (As a Dog owner and Lover) a Labrador is not the best dog to put in a Centre seat. (here I think the Airline may need some Blame on Seat allocation) but I tend to think they know that.:smile:

BTW  Check In will have known about the Service dog issue on Flight Booking request, if Not, then it should have been in the Hold in my Opinion

JMHO

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm picturing a blind muslim immigrant walking into an airport with a guide dog with an oversize vest strapped around his belly.  Wonder if the dog gets searched.

His underwear will

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Exactly, that was what the article was alluding to - however, you are ok, there are no recorded incidents regarding 'support roosters'!!!

Welcome, much better here.  We eat our dogs and pet the chickens.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I would have to fake it

Me two, DOB 1947, will be old w/i the next decade 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm picturing a blind muslim immigrant walking into an airport with a guide dog with an oversize vest strapped around his belly.  Wonder if the dog gets searched.

If security paid attention in their profile classes they would know that Muslims do not like dogs. Israel is supposed to be the best at profiling.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

BTW  Check In will have known about the Service dog issue on Flight Booking request

Check in?  Who goes through check in any more?  You book your seat and check in online, print your boarding pass, and procede to the gate.  You have no idea who is seated beside you.  In one case I ended up in a row of mothers with infants that the "check in" desk was reserving for that purpose but no one told that to the online computer.  Better than beside a labrador who will rip my face off though, although some of those mothers might have, if I had upset their babies.  (Fortunately the flight attendant had encountered this before and moved me to a spot where I had 3 seats to myself.)

• Like 3