Dog Mauls Passenger On Delta Flight

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Everybody claims they need a support dog these days in the US.

I'm picturing a blind muslim immigrant walking into an airport with a guide dog with an oversize vest strapped around his belly.  Wonder if the dog gets searched.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You would have no choice in the US.  People who need "support dogs" are considered to have a disability and disabled people get priority over us able bodied white males. :SugarwareZ-037:

Sorry Dave but the term is Emotional support dogs.  If they have 'emotional' issues that affect other passengers, then they should not fly!  The article goes onto say that suddenly, these 'emotional passengers' have magnified disproportionately over recent years - no doubt so they can flout the laws regarding animals.

I have no problem with properly trained 'seeing eye dogs' - this is a totally different issue.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Reboot said:

Everybody claims they need a support dog these days in the US. It's ridiculous. And then I see people who look perfectly capable of boarding on their own steam being rolled in on wheelchairs so they can get in first.

Fortunately, when I ride mass transportation in the Philippines, I don't have to worry about sitting next to support dogs. 

14591328472_b8c0c94042_z.jpg

Exactly, that was what the article was alluding to - however, you are ok, there are no recorded incidents regarding 'support roosters'!!!

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Reboot said:

And then I see people who look perfectly capable of boarding on their own steam being rolled in on wheelchairs so they can get in first.

A couple of my sons friends bragged that they used to get a wheelchair and take turns on it at Disneyland to go to the front of the lines. 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Exactly, that was what the article was alluding to - however, you are ok, there are no recorded incidents regarding 'support roosters'!!!

Thats funny :hystery:

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I asked for a wheelchair this last trip. Like I told the attendent, I can walk if it's only a short distance but if your asking me to walk two miles because you want me to pass by a 100 duty free shops then yes I need a wheelchair.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I asked for a wheelchair this last trip. Like I told the attendent, I can walk if it's only a short distance but if your asking me to walk two miles because you want me to pass by a 100 duty free shops then yes I need a wheelchair.

I wasn't referring to legitimate situations, or real support dogs, I hope you understand.

Just FAKES!

Contrast with the Philippines, be it via pumpboat, trike, or jeepney, every cock on his way to the pit on a Sunday is 100% legitimate.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I HATE those long corridors especially if the conveyors are not operating. Especially because I carry my own luggage rather than check it and wait at a carousel for it. I'm tempted also to get a wheelchair. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I HATE those long corridors especially if the conveyors are not operating. Especially because I carry my own luggage rather than check it and wait at a carousel for it. I'm tempted also to get a wheelchair.

Many airports I have been in have those electric taxis to transport elderly and PWD up and down those long corridors.

• Like 1