'bum washer'

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Let me ask you to perform a simple test.  After the North American way or wiping with tissue, go back in the toilet an hour later and give it a wipe.  Any residue?  Or did you get it all the first time?  Now try the same experiment using a good bum gun.  Its like washing your car.  Are you gonna get it cleaner with a pressure washer (not too much pressure :whistling: ) or wiping it with a dry tissue?

Now about your hands;  When you use tissue only, have you ever got a little on ya (surely you have as we all do from time to time).  So you better give your hands a good wash with soap.  But with a bum gun its like washing your car.  No need to touch it, the water pressure does the work, then you can dry it with some tissue if you like or use your judgement here.  You may get your hands a tad wet doing this so wash as if you had used tissue only.

To keep everything else dry when using your bum gun, seat yourself as far forward as you can so that your skin is right up against the toilet seat, then spray from behind and water only goes where it is supposed to.  It does not go all over the place like it does when a filipina uses one while squatting on the seat.

And that is what works for me.  If no paper is available and I am not packing my own (seldom happens as I always carry) then I just sit there a sec until most of the water has drip dried and then up my pants and leave.  Your underwear will be damp but no more so than if you just went for a walk in the heat and sweated up a bit.  It won't go through to your trousers.

VERY sorry to those who see this as too much information but Steve seemed to legitimately want to know :1927_:

This Steve did not want to know so much detail , any advice on gritty soap.:89:

Edited by stevewool

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Let me ask you to perform a simple test.  After the North American way or wiping with tissue, go back in the toilet an hour later and give it a wipe.  Any residue?  Or did you get it all the first time?  Now try the same experiment using a good bum gun.  Its like washing your car.  Are you gonna get it cleaner with a pressure washer (not too much pressure :whistling: ) or wiping it with a dry tissue?

Now about your hands;  When you use tissue only, have you ever got a little on ya (surely you have as we all do from time to time).  So you better give your hands a good wash with soap.  But with a bum gun its like washing your car.  No need to touch it, the water pressure does the work, then you can dry it with some tissue if you like or use your judgement here.  You may get your hands a tad wet doing this so wash as if you had used tissue only.

To keep everything else dry when using your bum gun, seat yourself as far forward as you can so that your skin is right up against the toilet seat, then spray from behind and water only goes where it is supposed to.  It does not go all over the place like it does when a filipina uses one while squatting on the seat.

And that is what works for me.  If no paper is available and I am not packing my own (seldom happens as I always carry) then I just sit there a sec until most of the water has drip dried and then up my pants and leave.  Your underwear will be damp but no more so than if you just went for a walk in the heat and sweated up a bit.  It won't go through to your trousers.

VERY sorry to those who see this as too much information but Steve seemed to legitimately want to know :1927_:

Thanks Dave, I too have wondered about this for many years.  Also the use of the tabo.  I asked my wife and a nephew and the response I got was, "well, you know".  No I don't and that was why I asked.  So why we are in the CR so to speak, is it done the same way?  Wet it down and hand scrub? Wash hands when finished, I hope?  Sorry but again, I just don't know. 

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You will find that many filipinos will carry a small towl or face flanel. Also useful for keeping the diesel fumes from your nose when riding a jeepnee.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well my bum washers is  washing Dishes just now :hystery: Think on lads, think On

I hope the dishes are done first.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

I hope the dishes are done first.

:89: Lets not forget where we are, where most things are done in reverse order to complicate any task :whistling:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The bum guns are readily available at most any hardware store.  If you use a water heater you will probably need a pump anyway, so the bum gun should work fine.  When I went back to the US for a visit I had to carry a pack of wet-wipes with me because all they have there is paper...ewww... :tiphat: 

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

cant resist adding to this thread................

Living in the middle east the "bum gun" is commonly know as the "shattaff"..............and yes arab/muslims eat with right hand as the left hand does the scrubbing......

Always did wonder about how to dry off after. Now I know to use the drip dry method.  Have never actually used the bum gun as always thought would be residue that then just gets smeared around with tissue when drying it off............

May give it a go one of these days.

Have installed in both bathrooms in new house.  Tend to use them to wash any sticky bits of in the bowl rather than the loo brush.

To bum gun or not to bum gun...........that is the question.............

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

**Is using a bidet significantly more sanitary than just wiping?

I'm wondering if there have been any studies about residual bacteria and the like after using the bidet vs. only wiping. I've personally not used bidets for most of my life but have never gotten sick; is it simply a personal/cultural preference, or is it really better to use a bidet?**

Not my Words but I thought this Article may help those Interested;

https://www.quora.com/Is-using-a-bidet-significantly-more-sanitary-than-just-wiping

My My, Don't we get some weird Topics of late RON  (Mogo) what are you doing to us ?:hystery:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mogo51 said:

assume they are available in hardware stores (including the fittings).  Can someone confirm please,

Bidet in a Box.jpgPrice.jpg

Thats in Robinson's Mall Dumaguete so I imagine you can get them in many similar places.  Better get it now while its on 20% off :1927_:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4