'bum washer'

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Let me ask you to perform a simple test.  After the North American way or wiping with tissue, go back in the toilet an hour later and give it a wipe.  Any residue?  Or did you get it all the first time?  Now try the same experiment using a good bum gun.  Its like washing your car.  Are you gonna get it cleaner with a pressure washer (not too much pressure :whistling: ) or wiping it with a dry tissue?

Now about your hands;  When you use tissue only, have you ever got a little on ya (surely you have as we all do from time to time).  So you better give your hands a good wash with soap.  But with a bum gun its like washing your car.  No need to touch it, the water pressure does the work, then you can dry it with some tissue if you like or use your judgement here.  You may get your hands a tad wet doing this so wash as if you had used tissue only.

To keep everything else dry when using your bum gun, seat yourself as far forward as you can so that your skin is right up against the toilet seat, then spray from behind and water only goes where it is supposed to.  It does not go all over the place like it does when a filipina uses one while squatting on the seat.

And that is what works for me.  If no paper is available and I am not packing my own (seldom happens as I always carry) then I just sit there a sec until most of the water has drip dried and then up my pants and leave.  Your underwear will be damp but no more so than if you just went for a walk in the heat and sweated up a bit.  It won't go through to your trousers.

VERY sorry to those who see this as too much information but Steve seemed to legitimately want to know :1927_:

Thanks Dave,

For the washing a car comparison, I have tried many times with the self carwash and to get the car clean it takes more than just the pressure washer. Needs the soapy brush also. 

A more direct comparison, if having just gotten a fresh 'bird strike' on the windshield a paper towel will remove it leaving a the glass clean and see-through. Using a pressure washer is likely to leave a ring.

In the end (pun intended this time) it probably depends on the particular circumstances which method is actually 'better'. I think I may have enough info to give it a shot. Without the instant feedback of paper to know when you are done, how do you determine how much squirting is enough? What changes when you go from squirt gun to tabo?

Sorry guys, I know this line of questioning stinks. :shades:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

A more direct comparison, if having just gotten a fresh 'bird strike' on the windshield a paper towel will remove it leaving a the glass clean and see-through. Using a pressure washer is likely to leave a ring.

Homer out of Here..jpg

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, robert k said:

I had decent pressure and about a 10 foot hose on my shower head and it would reach the toilet. It was handy cleaning the bathroom too just spray a little bleach around and hose it down with the shower head.:smile:

I do not like the water method in public bathrooms as I used to be part of public health in a small way. Poop water gets on the floor where people walk on it and track it out of the CR. Unless I'm really in a hurry I take my pants completely off so they don't touch the floor and soak up the water and many stalls don't have a hook. luckily I'm fairly regular and do my business at home for the most part.

LOL, TMI mate.

Cheers, Steve.

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

LOL, TMI mate.

Cheers, Steve.

That's ok, if you think it doesn't matter maybe I can use the stall after you and your trousers have soaked up the 5mm of poop water.:thumbsup: At home I used to keep an outdoors welcome mat by the CR door so that if I had to go and the floor was wet, I could toss the mat in front of the toilet and my pants didn't touch the wet floor. 

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Let me ask you to perform a simple test.  After the North American way or wiping with tissue, go back in the toilet an hour later and give it a wipe.  Any residue?  Or did you get it all the first time?  Now try the same experiment using a good bum gun.  Its like washing your car.  Are you gonna get it cleaner with a pressure washer (not too much pressure :whistling: ) or wiping it with a dry tissue?

Now about your hands;  When you use tissue only, have you ever got a little on ya (surely you have as we all do from time to time).  So you better give your hands a good wash with soap.  But with a bum gun its like washing your car.  No need to touch it, the water pressure does the work, then you can dry it with some tissue if you like or use your judgement here.  You may get your hands a tad wet doing this so wash as if you had used tissue only.

To keep everything else dry when using your bum gun, seat yourself as far forward as you can so that your skin is right up against the toilet seat, then spray from behind and water only goes where it is supposed to.  It does not go all over the place like it does when a filipina uses one while squatting on the seat.

And that is what works for me.  If no paper is available and I am not packing my own (seldom happens as I always carry) then I just sit there a sec until most of the water has drip dried and then up my pants and leave.  Your underwear will be damp but no more so than if you just went for a walk in the heat and sweated up a bit.  It won't go through to your trousers.

VERY sorry to those who see this as too much information but Steve seemed to legitimately want to know :1927_:

Touche good sir,,,,,,,, opo.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Steve GCC said:

cant resist adding to this thread................

Living in the middle east the "bum gun" is commonly know as the "shattaff"..............and yes arab/muslims eat with right hand as the left hand does the scrubbing......

Always did wonder about how to dry off after. Now I know to use the drip dry method.  Have never actually used the bum gun as always thought would be residue that then just gets smeared around with tissue when drying it off............

May give it a go one of these days.

Have installed in both bathrooms in new house.  Tend to use them to wash any sticky bits of in the bowl rather than the loo brush.

To bum gun or not to bum gun...........that is the question.............

Stop it! LMAO.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

**Is using a bidet significantly more sanitary than just wiping?

I'm wondering if there have been any studies about residual bacteria and the like after using the bidet vs. only wiping. I've personally not used bidets for most of my life but have never gotten sick; is it simply a personal/cultural preference, or is it really better to use a bidet?**

Not my Words but I thought this Article may help those Interested;

https://www.quora.com/Is-using-a-bidet-significantly-more-sanitary-than-just-wiping

My My, Don't we get some weird Topics of late RON  (Mogo) what are you doing to us ?:hystery:

Time will tell as it does, wait until Ron settles down in Bauang and then he can give us the low down. We all have our own stories, mine shared another day about my date.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, robert k said:

That's ok, if you think it doesn't matter maybe I can use the stall after you and your trousers have soaked up the 5mm of poop water.:thumbsup: At home I used to keep an outdoors welcome mat by the CR door so that if I had to go and the floor was wet, I could toss the mat in front of the toilet and my pants didn't touch the wet floor. 

Trousers? All naturalists here and no wet floors at home regardless, don't use the CR in the relatives houses as the floors are always wet, standing room only, again another story for another time.

Cheers, Steve.

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bigpearl said:

Trousers? All naturalists here and no wet floors at home regardless, don't use the CR in the relatives houses as the floors are always wet, standing room only, again another story for another time.

Cheers, Steve.

I've been in more than a few public restrooms where there was quite a bit of water on the floor. Not a problem I suppose if you bring your own floor. How do they take that all naturalist thing at the mall?:89:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

These are p300-p1,000 depending on the quality.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1