Drinking in the Philippines and the risks?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Bacardi Black or Pilsen for me. The risks are that the BB is hard to find here, so I buy two at a time.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

My main tipple is Strongbow Cider, but as im living in phil now theres no chance of that espec at 145 pesos a can-

So my main drink now is San Mig Apple beer.

And also Southern comfort. And when she who must be obeyed is asleep its fundador light.

Did want to try Lambonog on the bro in laws insitance, bought a small bottle but it was poured down the drain

With a few choice filipino words fro her !

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

A couple of trips back I was introduced to Filipino Gin, can't think of the name but it was pretty strong stuff and went down like nectar.

Now that would worry me, I could see that becoming a habit if not careful. I mainly stick to soft drinks these day's to cool down and drink alcohol

in moderation, sorry if that spoils the party Guy's. :cornflakes:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Beer, Beer and More  BEER beer sori sori.jpg  :hystery: Kev ( Sonjack) ?

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

My main tipple is Strongbow Cider, but as im living in phil now theres no chance of that espec at 145 pesos a can-

I like that Strongbow Cider too but there are 2 or 3 other ciders from Niagara Falls and British Columbia that go for about 75ph or $2 C in Toronto. The gin that Kuya J mentions is likely Ginebra, very inexpensive so that would be a risk.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

If it's beer, I'll have the Red Horse!

Otherwise, Tanduay or Emperador is fine. Some of that San Miguel gin with coconut water works fine too....although the most shitfaced I've gotten in the Ph was on tequila...

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

drink.JPG

“Drinking in the Philippines isn’t just a way to kick back among friends; it’s also a vital part of Filipino culture. Alcohol is consumed during celebrations and special occasions, at fiestas, rice-harvesting ceremonies, and healing rituals.”

I’ve been trying all of the local drinks and I’ve learned that Ginebra is just not for me. I’ve tasted Gordon’s and Gilbey’s Gin back in the day but there is something much different about San Miguel Ginebra... it just doesn’t agree with my metabolism.

However, my internal organs seem to be AOK with Alfonso Platnium.

If you drink alcohol in the Philippines, what is your favorite drink?

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Drinking in the Philippines

This is exactly the same as another thread so I have merged the two and changed the title as perhaps some do not know what a "tipple" is

tipple.jpg

• Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Not all gatherings/celebrations involve alcohol, earlier this year we attended Bengie's great nephews christening, a little wine in the church for those that took communion but at the reception with 80 odd people no sign of grog, only water and soda.

Cheers, Steve.

Steve, I'm the Westerner in the photo below... it was at the reception for my son's christening in May. I was as drunk as a skunk :hystery:

Christening.JPG

Cheers, Mark

• Like 4