Drinking in the Philippines and the risks?

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
On 25 June 2017 at 2:08 AM, mogo51 said:

I was a beer drinker (being Aussie it is almost mandatory) but stopped a few years ago as I was getting too big in the belly region.

This is a lie. I had 3 or 4 beers with you a year ago 😂😂

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

All Filipino beers (mainstream ones) are shit.

I just finished a couple of Cerveza Negras that seemed fine to me.  They are pretty mainstream but about 5 pesos more than the normal San Miguel beers.

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They are pretty mainstream but about 5 pesos more than the normal San Miguel beers.

Wow, you must have won the lottery drinking that fancy beer LOL

• Like 5

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Just got theC.N. here on Okinawa for bout $5.50 a 6-pk.   Pretty decent brew.   S.M. Pilsner still about $4.50.    Either is cheap by Japan standards where just a pint of local Orion draft sets ya back 500 Yen or $5 and micro brew drafts run about $9-10 !

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 7/1/2017 at 9:14 AM, sonjack2847 said:

The dangers of drinking are that it can take over and you become dependent on it.I see people all over the place who have 1 hobby and that is drinking.They hardly ever eat and their health suffers.Know your limits and stick to them.Saying that I am going for a beer later.

At least you are sticking to yours Kev!!!haha

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

This is a lie. I had 3 or 4 beers with you a year ago 😂😂

Plead guilty, but I should have said I have cut back considerably from drinking beer, you obviously caught me at a weak moment.  But I think I started cutting back after that particular occasion so maybe I am not guilty after all????  Has been so bloody hot here lately plead guilty to having a few very cold ones.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I hate beer. Always have.  Most of the tagay around here is with Red Horse, unfortunately.   I can drink the Tanduay, and Emperador but prefer not (but in a tagay situation I will be polite and drink). The regular Tanduay is like formaldehyde, and the watered down fake brandy that is Emperador is just not worth drinking.  Tanduay makes a couple that are ok, Tanduay Select, and T5 are not bad.  I don't know if it is new, or just a new ad campaign, but Emperador is pushing a rum now - Zabana. It is pretty good. A stronger drink, too. The Emperador is such a lightweight drink I barely notice it.  A couple shots of Zabana and I feel it.

I prefer my Capt Morgan spiced rum, but at p350 a bottle... I will buy the p40 Zabana ha ha.  So far every local I have let try the Capt Morgan has hated it, so not good for tagay. The foreigners seem to like it though. 

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I hate beer. Always have.  Most of the tagay around here is with Red Horse, unfortunately.   I can drink the Tanduay, and Emperador but prefer not (but in a tagay situation I will be polite and drink). The regular Tanduay is like formaldehyde, and the watered down fake brandy that is Emperador is just not worth drinking.  Tanduay makes a couple that are ok, Tanduay Select, and T5 are not bad.  I don't know if it is new, or just a new ad campaign, but Emperador is pushing a rum now - Zabana. It is pretty good. A stronger drink, too. The Emperador is such a lightweight drink I barely notice it.  A couple shots of Zabana and I feel it.

I prefer my Capt Morgan spiced rum, but at p350 a bottle... I will buy the p40 Zabana ha ha.  So far every local I have let try the Capt Morgan has hated it, so not good for tagay. The foreigners seem to like it though. 

100% agree with you on the Tanduay and Emperador. Rubbish. I have not seen the T5, T Select, or Zabana but haven't really looked anymore. I now where the Bacardi Black is at SM so I go straight there, 2 at a time. I drink it straight up, same as my black coffee.

There is a member here that makes beer, I wonder if he could test the Emperador and Zabana for alcohol.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jpbago said:

100% agree with you on the Tanduay and Emperador. Rubbish. I have not seen the T5, T Select, or Zabana but haven't really looked anymore. I now where the Bacardi Black is at SM so I go straight there, 2 at a time. I drink it straight up, same as my black coffee.

There is a member here that makes beer, I wonder if he could test the Emperador and Zabana for alcohol.

The Tanduay I get here in the states is an excellent rum. But it's not even close to the same as the stuff commonly found in the Ph.

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

The Zabana is good, 72 proof it says on the label. Very small bottle for P40 which will work out around P120 for a proper bottle, which I've never seen.

• Like 2