What are some pros and cons about living in and/or away from the city?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2017 at 8:39 PM, Gary D said:

I can't imagine Boracay being quiet

We get a hotel right next to D'Mall and never hear any outside noise.  :tiphat:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I think I have mentioned this before but I live a 25 min walk to the City

Really? Oh I see...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Well now, I'm not sure when it happened, it must have been about three weeks ago, but there's a cock-fighting arena that's gone in near our house. Friday night and all day Saturday now there's crowd noise and people parking on the dirt drive that leads back to the lots here. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

So there's a big Con for living anywhere: change!

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 19/07/2017 at 1:43 AM, Jack Peterson said:

:smile: I think I have mentioned this before but I live a 25 min walk to the City and about 5 mins drive to a Large Supermarket, & Commercial centre. I am not, nor ever been a City Dweller but then I have always tried to be fairly Close, Whist my Address is Dumaguete City, the Barangay Borders the City and providing the Traffic not so heavy we can be in and out (of the City proper) Shopping Done in about 1.5 Hours, We do a Big shop Bi weekly and as "A" Works in the City she brings home anything we need daily if needed. Works for us and we are actually living in a fairly Quiet Area although on a Barangay Road, Friends that have been up to the House have Commented on How Quiet it is, of course we get the usual day to day noises. Dogs, Chickens and Pig squeals at party time ( People around here still do their own Lechon) but vehicular Traffic Is very low

So in conclusion, I really do have the Best of Both Worlds. Places like ours are still Available and as I write, Lots of 200,350 & 500 are available and selling at around 1.500 sq mtr Life can be Good for those that can Forward think :thumbsup:

Moral. Location, Location, Location 

Jack:shades:

Morning All:photo-109:

Sounds wonderful , and cheap still

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

After I retire, and get more money, I could easily see me in a nice high rise condo in the city.  "Nice" being the operative word... hard to find...

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Have stayed in Manilla and Cebu citys, not for me.  Too much noise, traffic, pollution, beggars, slums and generally dirty.

Opted for the Province life in Pangasinan out in the country side having been raised in east of England..........

Life is slower, cleaner, not so busy and every day feels like a Sunday.

P20 on trike to village wet market and dry market and about 15 minutes in car to bigger village or they say city with mall.

Oh and everything is much cheaper than the big citys and I find no one trys to rip you off with Kano tax.........

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2017 at 3:49 PM, JDDavao said:

Well now, I'm not sure when it happened, it must have been about three weeks ago, but there's a cock-fighting arena that's gone in near our house. Friday night and all day Saturday now there's crowd noise and people parking on the dirt drive that leads back to the lots here. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

So there's a big Con for living anywhere: change!

Ok, now you've got me wondering...  7 km to an SM...  Puts you either towards Toril or going up the coast towards Tagum...  4 lanes?  Toril...  Cock pit?  Tagum...  So confusing!!!  

:89::mocking:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Our place is in Marikina , all i have to go on is what Emma says about living in that area, yes there is greenery and large hills in the distance and Laguna bay is a hour or two away just like Tagatay thats if you have a vehicle, so may be for a good few months living there it could be the best of both worlds .

I will give it all my best once there , we can walk to the shops there is a great DIY place not to far away and remember no rent to pay .

• Like 1