PARKING IN THE ROAD NOT ALLOWED !

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have never seen a tow truck, but here. in Iloilo, I have seen the wheel locks used.  The no street parking gets enforced sporadically. 

Their current thing is to enforce the 'no reserved parking'. All the businesses put signs in front saying for customers only - but it is not their property - it is the publicly provided parking spaces.  So the city is going around picking up the signs.  I have not seen them cut the twine that street hustlers use to block off their "territory" on street parking. 

It does look like someone finally learned that giving tickets can generate a lot of income... that could be a bad thing.... :tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I have never seen a tow truck

The tow trucks in our area bear no resemblance to what I am used to. Look for a flat bed truck with an A frame in back and 6 guys in shorts and flip flops. Don't know what the A frame is for, all I have seem them used to tow a car is rope or a chain:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

All the businesses put signs in front saying for customers only - but it is not their property - it is the publicly provided parking spaces

If it is off street, angle parking, provided by law for customers of that business then I can understand it its their property.  May I infer you are only talking about parking in the actual road?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

May I infer you are only talking about parking in the actual road?

Sometimes you just have to shake your head, all over the place there are signs like you speak of on public road in front of a store. Do the customers stop, remove the signs and park???? heh heh no, the just park next to the sign in the road blocking more traffic :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They have signs here but obviously the locals cannot read.I have seen TMO staff standing there when people are breaking traffic/parking rules and do nothing.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

The tow trucks in our area bear no resemblance to what I am used to. Look for a flat bed truck with an A frame in back and 6 guys in shorts and flip flops. Don't know what the A frame is for, all I have seem them used to tow a car is rope or a chain:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

My gosh! :bonk: now I know. I was expecting same as we have here silly me.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is a rule about No Parking on the National Highway that is enforced in Dumaguete and Sibulan whenever a TMO officer is standing there to tell the driver to move along as he cannot park there.  As soon as the TMO officer is looking the other way or not there then someone else will park on the highway.  Its not like they get ticketed or towed.

About two years ago I was driving south on the National Highway going from Cebu City to Moalboal.  I came around a corner and almost messed my pants when I had to jump on the brake.  The highway is only one lane in each direction.  In my lane is a tent like canopy that takes up the entire lane.  Under cover is a table and about 1/2 dozen chairs.  Someone has died and they have set up on the highway for the seven day wake!  They are drinking, playing cards, etc.   As even the locals say; "Only in Da Philippines".

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Mike J said:

About two years ago I was driving south on the National Highway going from Cebu City to Moalboal.  I came around a corner and almost messed my pants when I had to jump on the brake.  The highway is only one lane in each direction.  In my lane is a tent like canopy that takes up the entire lane.  Under cover is a table and about 1/2 dozen chairs.  Someone has died and they have set up on the highway for the seven day wake!  They are drinking, playing cards, etc.   As even the locals say; "Only in Da Philippines".

I was in my friends van coming back from Cebu city.We were between Argao and dalaguete when he jumped on the breaks.The reason  a man was squatting down in the middle of the road in the pitch black having a poo.He only saw him when he stood and his white behind showed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

The only towing I have seen is a jeepney with a rope ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The only towing I have seen is a jeepney with a rope ha ha

How about the kind of "toe"ing where the guy on the first motorcycle is out of gas or broke down and the guy on the second motorcycle is pushing the first one using his toe on the footpeg of the guy in front.

EDIT:  Seriously though,  this article says there are tow trucks in Manila and even gives a link on how to find one:

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/mmda-releases-guidelines-on-towing.html

And underneath is the link to the list official list of MMDA accredited tow truck agencies

http://mmda.gov.ph/index.php/20-faq/1596-mmda-registered-towing-services

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1