PARKING IN THE ROAD NOT ALLOWED !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2017 at 0:12 AM, Old55 said:

I have never seen a tow truck in Philippines.

There are a few about.This one in Cebu.

towing.jpg

http://camel-towing.ph/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Bliss reigns supreme.

Haha, Yes.  Isn't it wonderful?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are a few about.This one in Cebu.

towing.jpg

http://camel-towing.ph/

Seeing that photo reminded me of one of my last jobs before I left the UK. I  was asked to make a key for a campervan that was involved in an inheritance dispute. As I was making the key the other party turned up and it all kicked off with police and security called. It was a gypsy family with a bit of a reputation.

The police tried to calm things down and separated the families fighting. Once it was calm they allowed the campervan to be moved but had radioed ahead to get a recovery vehicle so they could impound it.  When the recovery vehicle turned up the two guys in the campervan phoned their friends who arrived and advised the recovery truck that if he doesn't get back into his vehicle and go home there might be a nasty fire at his business. 

I'm sure with the Filipino mentality a fire might be the least of a recovery guys problems. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

JGF..... What exactly is the name of that tow company?

jpbago
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds good, but filipinos are hard headed.

Now that is two reasons why they do not wear helmets. (Because they are hard headed and because they have a hard head.)

BTW, the helmets that I have seen here are not approved as a safety helmet, nothing more than a plastic bonnet. The kawasaki dealer here gives one in the sale of a bike.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jpbago said:

the helmets that I have seen here areThe kawasaki dealer here gives one in the sale of a bike.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ah! yes Scratching Head.jpg the Bonnet but I Remember that they would only sell Helmets that had The famous silver sticker and anything other was illegal, Not that it matters much. as it is still a law not enforced here in Dumaguete 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

they would only sell Helmets that had The famous silver sticker

Yes, a couple years ago I bought a new Honda and it came with a teeny little helmet that had one of the Philippine stickers on it.  Hard to believe those stickers were so important a few years ago and now they don't care if you wear any kind of helmet.  Philippine style law enforcement does not work.  Better to spend the same manpower enforcing the rules at random spots with no predictability than have a huge crackdown that everyone knows about and then do nothing for 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

t that had one of the Philippine stickers on it.

For those that wonder what the heck we are on about or those that have forgotten  helmet the sticker.jpg if your helmet did not have one of these it was deemed not in accordance with the Law and thus a Fineable offence to wear it:hystery: I remember some 5 years ago that we queued for Hours at the TMO (Traffic Management office) in Quezon Park Dumaguete to have our helmets examined and Have a Numbered sticker put on it, the cost I think was 20 peso per helmet. All of which was never needed as Dumaguete City have never implemented or enforced the Helmet Law.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

JGF..... What exactly is the name of that tow company?

The link to their website was in the post, http://camel-towing.ph/ . There are others in Cebu if you google it. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Seeing that photo reminded me of one of my last jobs before I left the UK. I  was asked to make a key for a campervan that was involved in an inheritance dispute. As I was making the key the other party turned up and it all kicked off with police and security called. It was a gypsy family with a bit of a reputation.

The police tried to calm things down and separated the families fighting. Once it was calm they allowed the campervan to be moved but had radioed ahead to get a recovery vehicle so they could impound it.  When the recovery vehicle turned up the two guys in the campervan phoned their friends who arrived and advised the recovery truck that if he doesn't get back into his vehicle and go home there might be a nasty fire at his business. 

I'm sure with the Filipino mentality a fire might be the least of a recovery guys problems. :whistling:

TIP 

• Like 1