Opinion of Filipino Men??

Castaway
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

So, socks with sandals is the British style :89:

1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Been a headline story since I don't know when, No sox, Underdressed :whistling:

So, I'll be guessing that I'm underdressed since I've gone native with the locals :89:

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Castaway said:

So, I'll be guessing that I'm underdressed since I've gone native with the locals :89:

We had a topic on footwear about a year ago, from that I think we surmized that the British do not like Sandals/Flip flops with that thingy between the Toes, Most of the Brits I know  wear sandals that have a back Strap over the heel ( I do if I wear Sandals) and I know from a recent event on my heel Socks are the tall order

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I think Science will tell you that self-answered tests and on-camera tests are the least reliable. It seems people both lie to themselves and try to bend their responses for the camera. Whether that holds for the video, I don't know but I think it might. Perhaps the ladies thought he was giving one away? :hystery:

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Of course not Castaway. :smile:  Just like all Filipinos can't be lumped together either.

Have to come in here Queenie, all opinions greatly appreciated from members but your words hit home as they should and are striking in many ways. Are all Aussies the same? Germans? Iranians? Absolutely not and while we can try to put Filipinos in a box why not put Aussies in the same box? The mind boggles. Not really as men are men and ladies are special and should be treated so.

My Filipino partner chased me for a year before I let go of inhibitions and my resistance to a 31 year age difference and 5/6 years on we are happy, prospering and have a great future together. Some guys and girls really do prefer mature counterparts no different to the older seeking younger and younger seeking older. Filipino men and women are tied to religious beliefs and screws their lives big time, (sorry only my opinion) slowly the wheels turn but we need to accept the cultural arrangements as I/we are guests. I raise my eyebrows often.

Filipino men From my perspective are no different to any other culture within that/their culture, the man (Filipino) in question is doing his best given social obligations and the norms and his particular circumstances and what is considered acceptable in that situation. Right or wrong who am I to judge? The mistresses and one night stands that bring an extra mouth to feed?  Filipino men do what they do and apparently that is acceptable.

Thanks for the spark Queenie, am sure I will get a slapping for my thoughts.

Cheers, Steve.

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

To you, perhaps none of us.  I believe that many filipinas think we all look alike and so yes, we all look like Sean, Brad or Jack to them.

EDIT:  Just to add to that.  I am constantly told by sweet young things that I look like some movie star.  I don't.  Not in the slightest.  But cross race identification is difficult.  It took me a lot of years before i could pick 1 particular 5 foot tall, slim, dark haired, pretty girl out of a room full of them.

Personally, I don't know why we look like Movie Stars, yesterday when I was young :whistling:

daniel_craig_promo.jpg

Before and after.....

100_1399 (2).JPG

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Grow some face fuzz and half the filipinas out there could not tell the difference between you and Sean

Sean.jpg

A little bit of a suntan and your made Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Kuya John said:

A little bit of a suntan and your made Jack :thumbsup:

Funny you should say that JB, after 19+ years in Spain & when I arrived here full time in 2012 I had a beauty of a tan but it has all but gone now Must be the Humidity that keeps us fair :sad: :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

In my youth I was told I looked like Richard Gere... now it is more like Drew Carey ha ha

BUT I was stopped the other day at the mall and told that I had a beautiful face. A couple months ago I was stopped on the street and they said I had a precious face. Still not sure what that means...  I think it means some Filipina girls drink too much ha ha

Not sure how Filipino men in general think of us.  I get more dirty looks from old ladies than men.  I do get some dirty looks from young Filipino men, but they are too young for my wife (she is 29). They seem like the angry college kids that don't know what they are angry about.  The older Filipino guys generally give me approving looks and grins (the look we would give Hugh Hefner).  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

They seem like the angry college kids that don't know what they are angry about. 

That'll be my Sprog then Sprog.jpg :hystery: and if she is Angry about this, she confuses me a father gaves as S****T today