Opinion of Filipino Men??

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2017 at 1:56 PM, bows00 said:

Just saw a Filipino guys video (Vlog) on YouTube where he went around a slummy neighborhood and interviewed numerous Filipina's ranging between 18 and 20 years old.  During the interview, he asked one basic question "If you had to pick between a handsome young filipino bystander with no job and a fat, old foreigner, which one would you pick?"  In all, he interviewed around 20 young beautiful single candidates, and 100% of them responded the same way - they would all go for the foreigner.

I was not only surprised with the results, but how the Filipino Vlogger concluded the video by stating how disgusted he feels whenever he see's old foreigners with young filipina's (it intrudes on his sense of Filipino pride?).  It made me wonder how many Filipino men feel the same way.       

This is called hypergamy...women, by nature, will tend to try to get the highest status/provisioning man they can get. The Philippines are a poor country, so Filipinas perceive foreigners as more wealthy and able to take care of them.

Women assess a potential mate on a wider range of factors than men do, and they are weighted differently.

Men are driven to a much larger extent by the appearance of a woman than a woman is for a man.

It's not to say that a man's looks do not matter, they do, but they are one factor among others, and they are weighted differently in a woman's mind than they are for a man's.

A woman's "hindbrain" is wired to find a mate that will be able to provide for her and her offspring, and give them a strong chance at survival so they can pass on their genes. Fertility isn't such a big factor, since males of our species often remain fertile into a much later age than women.

The male "hindbrain" is wired to seek fertility, so that he can pass on offspring. What men consider beautiful in women is tied to their fertility. That's why men tend to favor young women, since they are more fertile, and they also tend to find more pleasure in such a woman. Therefore, for males, youthful appearance has a beauty of its own.

Women know this, which is why they try so hard to make themselves beautiful and youthful looking. Men know what raises their own potential, which is one reason why men try to raise their status in various culturally appropriate ways.

Because, let's be honest, if it wasn't for women, whether to get one or to keep one, we'd be a whole lot lazier.

Nothing in my post is meant to denigrate the nature of women or men. That's just how we are. That's just the biological nature of us humans. 

It's hundreds of thousands of years of evolution at work in how men and women choose mates.

That's the sexual/mate market everywhere in the world: women seek comfort (provided by status and wealth), men seek pleasure (through beauty).

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mogo51 said:

You are wasting your time if you think 'young white women' have any interest in us old farts.  They want someone they can live with for awhile, churn out a couple of kids and then divorce and robe the ex.

Indeed, a lot of us here in our countries have seen what happens to our friends.

And sometimes it is us, personally.

To marry a woman is to basically put your life in her hands. From the behavior of women here (80% of divorces are initiated by women, women are favored with custody and often a good man is shut out from the family he loves, and 2/3s of male suicides are divorcees,) it's seems a poor risk to take.

It definitely influences our decision-making when it comes to women.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

ClearSky
Posted
Posted

Some of the academics hear probably will know the exact numbers for the ratio's. There is a magic financial multiple that makes men more attractive to women that can be applied to age and results in making a man more handsome.

Something like.

10 years older, and 10 times more wealthy than the lady.

20 year older, and 20 times more wealth

and definitely same age, but 5 times more wealthy

As soon as a local man gets to the same ratio he becomes just as attractive. This formula works any place in the world.

In the province its easy for western men to meet this formula with only a common pension. It is also easy for the children of more affluent local families. Although the families will for sure try to match a partner with equal status. It is not so easy for born poor local men. The culture of the rich is to keep it this way. Every single time a local will choose to work in an American company over a local one if they can. Because they will have a chance to move up and it is much more fair.

This is/was likely just review for most of you.

For me;

In US business I have had both the best and worst performance from workers with Philippine ancestry I have no prejudice for or against. Some other groups I do, based on personal experience, but for Filipino it is case by case same as I would other white.

Years ago I did get some funny looks from young men around my wife's family home and the surrounding 3 or 4 Barangay. After a few years of visiting I still did not get used to it. I then had a friendly conversation about it with one of the BL, just in passing. By the end of the next week it completely changed and the ugly glare became a friendly smile and wave and has been that way ever since, for years, along with friendly conversation. When traveling out to different regions, it is still the old way. I does not bother me much now as it is to a point expected.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, canadamale said:

ya know you've gone native when you start rocking the whitening cream

That would be me Canadamale!:mocking: I like to go for the even more unfair advantage.:smile:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2017 at 1:56 AM, bows00 said:

Just saw a Filipino guys video (Vlog) on YouTube where he went around a slummy neighborhood and interviewed numerous Filipina's ranging between 18 and 20 years old.  During the interview, he asked one basic question "If you had to pick between a handsome young filipino bystander with no job and a fat, old foreigner, which one would you pick?"  In all, he interviewed around 20 young beautiful single candidates, and 100% of them responded the same way - they would all go for the foreigner.

I was not only surprised with the results, but how the Filipino Vlogger concluded the video by stating how disgusted he feels whenever he see's old foreigners with young filipina's (it intrudes on his sense of Filipino pride?).  It made me wonder how many Filipino men feel the same way.

Sounds like the blogger was an insecure male who was probably offended that they would not choose someone like himself.  If instead he had asked the slum dwellers; "If you had to pick between spending the rest of your life in stuck in poverty and living in this slum, or spending the rest of your life living in security, safety, and relative luxury, which would you choose?"  The second question would be far more relevant than the first. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Former president of the USA from 1953 to 1961, Dwight D Eisenhower for those not familiar.

Now that I like  Mike  :cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bows00 said:

the foreigner was selected over the handsome filipino were for financial status, but in addition, there were Filipina's that desired the white skin and blue eyes as well

And yet I have seen filipinas with old Iranians, black skinned foreigners, Koreans, Japanese and Chinese as well as North American Indians.  Seems to be a personal preference, or maybe it really is just the wallet.

Note: I said black skinned foreigners rather than "African Americans" because I am not only talking about one country.  I mean men from Nigeria, South Africa, Canada and USA who happen to have black skin colour.  In the past I would have called them "negroids" but even that is no longer politically correct so what in the heck can we call black guys from different countries?  Sheesh, its not like we white guys mind being called white and its not like the filipinas don't know they are brown.  

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

From my experience skin colour and age does make a big difference to some Filipinos. Maybe getting on as near to money for some. 

When I lived in Taguig there was literally thousands of Filipino with good jobs and you'd rarely see one with a foreigner, yet when talking to them they loved older white skinned guys and wished they could have one. Their reasoning was the older guy has had his fun where as a rich young Filipino would play the field. They also loved the idea of having a blue eyed baby with curly hair. 

My friends wives pretty much backed this up as have a lot of the women I chatted to online. They had been indoctrinated into believing an old white guy was a great parent and extremely loyal. They've probably been watching too many tv shows :whistling:

Prior to knackering my knee I was into mountaineering here and the young guys i hiked with ambitions were to have loads of women so they might have a point. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, canadamale said:

I know no filipino men here (PH) I would consider a friend. I worked with a filipino in Au, I considered  a friend, but I would not say we were close friends. This is exactly how I feel also about all the non filipino men I know. I have acquaintances but I do not consider then close friends. I have my partner we are friends/lovers/partner I need no other relationships in my life. I also have family I am close too. So my opionion of filipino men is I treat them respectful and expect the same in return.

By coincidence, a good friend of mine just passed on this letter.  As they say, if the shoe fits . . .

I don't usually pass  things like these on, but it struck me as being so absolutely true; and the best possible advice... This came from a long-time friend of mine in the twilight of life. 

A newlywed young man was sitting on the porch on a hot, humid day; sipping ice tea with his father. As he talked about adult life, marriage, responsibilities, and obligations, the father thoughtfully stirred the ice cubes in his glass and cast a clear, sober look on his son. "Never forget your friends," he advised, "they will become more important as you get older." "Regardless of how much you love your family and the children you happen to have, you will always need friends. Remember to go out with them occasionally, do activities with them, call them ..."

"What strange advice!" Thought the young man. "I just entered the married world, I am an adult and surely my wife and the family that we will start will be everything I need to make sense of my life." Yet he obeyed his father; Kept in touch with his friends and annually increased their number. Over the years, he became aware that his father knew what he was talking about. Inasmuch as time and nature carry out their designs and mysteries on a man, friends were the bulwarks of his life.

After 60 years of life, here is what he learned: Time passes. Life goes on. The distance separates. Children grow up. Children cease to be children and become independent. And to the parents, it breaks their heart but the children are separated of the parents. Jobs come and go. Illusions, desires, attraction, sex ... weaken. People do not do what they should do. The heart breaks. The parents die. Colleagues forget the favors. The races are over. But, true friends are always there, no matter how long or how many miles away they are. A friend is never more distant than the reach of a need, intervening in your favor, waiting for you with open arms or blessing your life.

When we started this adventure called LIFE, we did not know of the incredible joys or sorrows that were ahead. We did not know how much we would need from each other. Love your parents, take care of your children, but keep a group of good friends. Dialogue with them but do not impose your criteria. You might send this to your friends (even those you seldom see); who help make sense of your life ... I just did..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1