26 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Alluring and sexy to some ladies.

Cheers, Steve.

Absolutely! :wink:

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 07/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, Queenie O. said:

Dave--with all due respect--how many guys actually look like Sean Brad or Jack?:smile:  Initially, youth/charm and or good looks would be be desirable for myself i'd think.:smile:

Status and security can be feelings based on economics too. Not judging foreigners in general, and not saying that natural feelings of love and contentment can't grow out of these unions.

Security yes Queenie but definitely maturity, and ones own observations of the needs coupled with a desire to achieve not only self recognition but their inner desire and reciprocal appreciated observations/input for happiness within a selected relationship based on honesty and definitely transparency whether 50's Brando or 80's Ford, or just me. As said in another post not only by me, "beauty is in the eye etc" Know your partner and relax, build your life from experiences and prosper.. BTW Queenie, I am a dead ringer for Steve McQueen so I've been told countless times and personally don't see that but see the love, frustrations  and hope in my life as does my better half, a life together and shared.

Yes I too have a Filipino Man.

One day we will meet my good lady.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 07/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, Queenie O. said:

That may well be true up to a point Dave.  I can relate to that.:smile:

Even for myself now, if God forbid something happened to my husband, next go round I'd probably find a bright, handsome Filipino boyfriend/s with the traits that I'm interested in. :mocking: I can support myself, so rank financially wouldn't necessarily be an issue for me.

Also being an American woman who by birth had more advantages given to me, could never judge any Filipina seeking to improve her lot in life.  Aren't we all humans hopefully seeking love and affection and trust companionship with a partner in life? Amy unions where both partners are happy and content should be celebrated I think.

Hugs Queenie. I hear you.

Cheers, Steve.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Some of her fellow female cousins laughed at her tears and said that she was being silly or just exaggerating, while some males quietly told her that she should pick herself up and move on as she was a nice person.

I am surprised the men did not agree with the women.  It sounds like the women have accepted that men just do that.  It does seem to be widely accepted here...  I am not saying it is right, just accepted.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 08/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

And yet I have seen filipinas with old Iranians, black skinned foreigners, Koreans, Japanese and Chinese as well as North American Indians.  Seems to be a personal preference, or maybe it really is just the wallet.

Note: I said black skinned foreigners rather than "African Americans" because I am not only talking about one country.  I mean men from Nigeria, South Africa, Canada and USA who happen to have black skin colour.  In the past I would have called them "negroids" but even that is no longer politically correct so what in the heck can we call black guys from different countries?  Sheesh, its not like we white guys mind being called white and its not like the filipinas don't know they are brown.  

A little off topic but your words ring in my ears. I am in film and TV and for many years we had theatre blacks,,,,,,,,,as in black outs, grab/get some blacks, we need to cover/disappear this situation,,,,,,,,,, these days we can be asked asked for or I asked for colours but it's the same non colour that has been used no different to green etc. as time goes on with CGI the requests become less but the theatre black request was never derogatory and was a non colour to achieve a goal and naught else. 

Times change. Money and looking like a prince, again in the eye. No disrespect but the simple names we used as kids identifying known situations have been politically corrected.

Cheers, Steve.

• Thanks 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So there is no way this could be staged for effect with the idea that it might go viral if 16 beautiful college girls were shown to say they like fat old men?  I would have thought he would get a lot of "hits" on his vlog for that one.  He sounds like a shrewd business person.  I hope he sounded dismayed enough at the result to make it seem authentic.

Interesting response Dave, so I am assuming you have a different experience in the Philippines?  I am a skinny Japanese American that often get mistaken for being filipino, so I never get any of the special interests that white, blue eyed foreigners presumably get there.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, bows00 said:

I am a skinny Japanese American that often get mistaken for being filipino, so I never get any of the special interests that white, blue eyed foreigners presumably get there.  

I can tell you that I don't get any of the "special interests" that you mention unless I actively seek it out.  The girls who come up to the white, blue eyed foreigners and make the first move are rare.  They are usually hookers, scammers, or roosters (any-cockle-doooooo)

I suggest that you may need to change your approach.  If the responses on here are any indication of "why" the girls go for white blue eyed foreigners then all you have to do is point out that you have all the qualities they are looking for.

And yes. my experience is different.  I have seen filipinas who prefer black, Korean, Japanese, Iranian, and various other men and have relationships with them.  I have also seen situations where girls will date all of the above and really do NOT care so long as the guy is a foreigner and can give them dreams of a ticket outta here or a better life.

So I am sure that it is just your approach.  By way of example, I know a blue eyed, older, wealthy white, American expat who lives in Cebu and could not get laid if his life depended on it.  Its all in his approach, and a lot of his attitude is a bitterness towards females that comes out in the first two minutes of conversation between him and a girl.

EDIT:  You mentioned you look like a filipino.  I used to hang out with an American/Filipino when I lived in Cebu and we went carousing together a few times (well more than a few :7500: ) and he had more "luck" with the ladies than 9 out of 10 of the other expats I know.  He knew where to go, how to act, and above all:  when and where to flash the cash.  Its all about the money when the only thing the girl knows about you is that you are single, you are interested, and you want some love at first sight.  Oh yeah, there are a lot of guys who say they respect the girl too much to want "love at first sight".  Sometimes that works and sometimes . .  may I refer you to the " blue eyed, older, wealthy white, American expat who lives in Cebu and could not get laid if his life depended on it." to find out when and why it does not work.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Security yes Queenie but definitely maturity, and ones own observations of the needs coupled with a desire to achieve not only self recognition but their inner desire and reciprocal appreciated observations/input for happiness within a selected relationship based on honesty and definitely transparency whether 50's Brando or 80's Ford, or just me. As said in another post not only by me, "beauty is in the eye etc" Know your partner and relax, build your life from experiences and prosper.. BTW Queenie, I am a dead ringer for Steve McQueen so I've been told countless times and personally don't see that but see the love, frustrations  and hope in my life as does my better half, a life together and shared.

Yes I too have a Filipino Man.

One day we will meet my good lady.

Cheers, Steve.

Well said Steve. Many true thoughts. I hope that we meet in the future too Steve. We share very different but similar circumstances in some ways.

Fondly, Queenie

• Like 1