How To Meet A Good Foreigner

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted (edited)

So how does a lady know the man is any good? I have met many foreign men here since marrying my husband and I can honestly warn ladies wishing to marry foreigners, that few would make good husbands.

Edited by Kuya Lee
edit title
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
So how does a lady know the man is any good? I have met many foreign men here since marrying my husband and I can honestly warn ladies wishing to marry foreigners, that few would make good husbands.
I guess what she means is that the majority of good ones are already taken, and it seems that she is getting a little upset with all the Filipina bashing, and especially when we now read of an American who killed his Filipina wife and buried her in the backyard. There are bad in all races.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

But you didn't mention, that when Lee was created, our creator of the universe broke his mold afterwards, making Lee one of a kind! So, he was definitely a good soul mate for you! AddEmoticons04230.gif

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
But you didn't mention, that when Lee was created, our creator of the universe broke his mold afterwards, making Lee one of a kind! So, he was definitely a good soul mate for you! AddEmoticons04230.gif
I am far, far, far, far from perfect, yet many of the other people we have met here over the years, seem to make me look like an angel, and that make her appreciate me even more. I must say that we have also met a lot of very nice non Filipinos here, as well as some great Filipinos.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
That's because a woman is 'shaped' but a man is molded'.It means a man picks a woman because she is in great shape, (meaning attitude as well as physical), and the woman picks a man and then molds him into her ideal husband. If there is no flexibility to the man then you will have a hard time of it but don't through away the tough ones as they make the best finished product.
  • Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I think it would be interesting to hear what Filipinas think on this subject , so please ladies chime in !!! O-U-C

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I know and respect you so am willing to accept what you say that in your experiences few Foreigner men visiting would make good husbands. It makes me sad to think it is so.Other than Foreigner men living in Philippines full time Filipinas have no way to meet a mans family or friends or to know much about him other than what he says. HUGE disadvantage for the ladies they must closely scrutinize the man and pray what they see is what is real.If the man were to be introduced by friends who know him it would be helpful. If the woman were to have a return ticket from his homeland and do a K-1 or whatever equivalent to his country she would at least have an escape.
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife proposed a pretty good question to me, she asked "How many of the foreign men here, that we have met, would you introduce to your/our daughters" hmmmmmmmmmmmm 89.gif :541: so I guess you all can ask yourselves the same thing? As for introductions, people have fooled me who I thought were good people and turned out to be terrible husband material. We really do not know our so called friends unless we have spent lots of time with them.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
My wife proposed a pretty good question to me, she asked "How many of the foreign men here, that we have met, would you introduce to your/our daughters" hmmmmmmmmmmmm 89.gif :541: so I guess you all can ask yourselves the same thing?
I have a niece (whom you and your wife met) who is close like a daughter to me. She has some interest in meeting a guy and moving here once she finishes her last year of collage. There is no one I know of that would even come close to being good enough for her.
  • Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
My wife proposed a pretty good question to me, she asked "How many of the foreign men here, that we have met, would you introduce to your/our daughters" hmmmmmmmmmmmm 89.gif :541: so I guess you all can ask yourselves the same thing?
I have a niece (whom you and your wife met) who is close like a daughter to me. She has some interest in meeting a guy and moving here once she finishes her last year of collage. There is no one I know of that would even come close to being good enough for her.
Ouch!!!This is good food for thought, and like I said in one of my previous posts, I am sure Ellie was not sure about me when we first met. Sometimes we forget to look through the eyes of the person we are looking at!In truth, I should think that women from the Philippines would produce far worse horror stories than any of us Foreigners could.For sure, whether digging for gold, or looking for sexual pleasure for money (or free), I think Filipinas come out on the short end of the stick more often than the Foreigner, and that is coming from someone who has been taken for a ride or two.Excellent thread! I hope we hear from more who have something to contribute.Carl
  • Like 2