How To Meet A Good Foreigner

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
"Men on forums are always putting down Filipinas"...... I've seen quite a few posts from people on here praising their Fillipinas to high heaven. I must admit to being astonished the first time I was in the Philippines at the number of older "beach balls" I saw with attractive young ladies. As a young man I always had a great attraction to Asian girls and now that I'm widowed and to be honest, do not fancy fat wrinkled old ladies, I am coming to Asia with the intention of finding myself a nice Asian lady, I realise that I would not stand much chance in my own country but hope that I will find a lady that has what I want and that she will accept my deficiencies.
I am far from an expert on much, so I did not wish you to get discouraged based on some of the post. There are many wonderful women, and there are many scammers, just as there are many good men, and many bad ones as well. Reading back I posted that the 99% was too high a number but at times it sometimes feels that way. My wife and I have had the pleasure to meet many good men in the Philippines, some married, some in relationships and some single guys looking to get into relationships, and then some players, so while the players would not be our cup of tea, they may be someones cup of tea, so we have no right to judge anyone and both she and I should never have posted any of the negative things that were written. My apologies to all.
I have to agree with some of your comments as well as those of your wife however the 99% as you say was over the top but it is also very true in many respects. Maybe one day I will meet you and yours.
It would be our honor to meet any of the members. We are usually in Cebu Feb to late May, hope to meet up during that time with any of you who wish to meet up or possibly :unsure: me for my comments. :cheersty:
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
"Men on forums are always putting down Filipinas"...... I've seen quite a few posts from people on here praising their Fillipinas to high heaven. I must admit to being astonished the first time I was in the Philippines at the number of older "beach balls" I saw with attractive young ladies. As a young man I always had a great attraction to Asian girls and now that I'm widowed and to be honest, do not fancy fat wrinkled old ladies, I am coming to Asia with the intention of finding myself a nice Asian lady, I realise that I would not stand much chance in my own country but hope that I will find a lady that has what I want and that she will accept my deficiencies.
I am far from an expert on much, so I did not wish you to get discouraged based on some of the post. There are many wonderful women, and there are many scammers, just as there are many good men, and many bad ones as well. Reading back I posted that the 99% was too high a number but at times it sometimes feels that way. My wife and I have had the pleasure to meet many good men in the Philippines, some married, some in relationships and some single guys looking to get into relationships, and then some players, so while the players would not be our cup of tea, they may be someones cup of tea, so we have no right to judge anyone and both she and I should never have posted any of the negative things that were written. My apologies to all.
I have to agree with some of your comments as well as those of your wife however the 99% as you say was over the top but it is also very true in many respects. Maybe one day I will meet you and yours.
It would be our honor to meet any of the members. We are usually in Cebu Feb to late May, hope to meet up during that time with any of you who wish to meet up or possibly :unsure: me for my comments. :cheersty:
I'm hoping to visit in Jan or Feb depending on the sale of my business. A drink with the pair of you and all other board members would be very welcome.
  • Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

My wife and her family say that I am the best foreigner they have ever met :cheersty: Hang on Lee stop taking the tags of me yet :lol: Melen's family have met two other foregners in the last year that stayed at our house for a couple of days and say, " they smell no take shower" " say they are rich but dress like mountain people", "dont buy snacks when visiting" God I love it Hahaha :mocking: Me I just be myself I am by far rich with money but I am rich in love with my wife this they see and are grateful for what we have done :unsure:

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Are a lot of the foreigners in the Philippines dogs, Yes of course and if you think that is a lot you should go to there home country and you will find many more. There are lots of dogs all over the world. If you look in the Philippines a lot of Filipinos will treat Filipinas badly. Just look at how many single women have children here. Those guys are dogs by dining and dashing. I would think it would be hard for a Filipina to find a good foreigner as there are not that many in the country compared to how many Filipina are looking. The question you are asking is asked all over the world by both men and women. I thought at one point in my life if I would ever find a good women and it took 35 years and traveling half way around the world to do it. The reason Filipinas are sought after so much is they are not into themselves so much and actually put everyone before them, You have to appreciate that.

• Like 5

Curley
Posted
Posted
Are a lot of the foreigners in the Philippines dogs, Yes of course and if you think that is a lot you should go to there home country and you will find many more. There are lots of dogs all over the world. If you look in the Philippines a lot of Filipinos will treat Filipinas badly. Just look at how many single women have children here. Those guys are dogs by dining and dashing. I would think it would be hard for a Filipina to find a good foreigner as there are not that many in the country compared to how many Filipina are looking. The question you are asking is asked all over the world by both men and women. I thought at one point in my life if I would ever find a good women and it took 35 years and traveling half way around the world to do it. The reason Filipinas are sought after so much is they are not into themselves so much and actually put everyone before them, You have to appreciate that.
Good post, well said. :unsure:
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Male visitors to Philippines that behave poorly are very obvious sometimes even make the local papers. The married or “good” guys fly under the radar mostly. Just my opinion I don’t live in Philippines just visit sometimes.

• Like 3

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My wife and her family say that I am the best foreigner they have ever met :thumbsup: Hang on Lee stop taking the tags of me yet :lol:
Bob, after having met you and Melen, I think your family is correct, you are right up on the top of the best of the best. :541:Oh and no tags on you, the OP said single foreigners, so that left you out. Clearly my wife and I have not met even one thousandth of all foreigners who live in or visit the Philippines, even during our 17 plus years together and her years working in a store before meeting me, so there was much more to her post at the time, and I believe it was in response to THIS post about What is the best way to meet a good Filipina. There are often times when the men might take for granted that the good women have no say in the meeting also, they do. IMHO there are a lot of good women out there hunting for good men, just as there are good men out there hunting for a good women, the trick is finding them or being lucky right off the bat. That is why I like the internet way of doing things, because you can sort through the bs before ever having to spend any large amount of money. Next, I also believe that when my wife started this thread, it was not long after an American had played our 22 year old niece on the internet promising to marry her when he got to Cebu, and telling her she was the only one he was communicating with (I told her not to believe it but she was naive enough to believe him), only for him to tell her he was to marry another girl soon after he got off the plane. Dating in any country can be tricky, but IMO there is no excuse for lying and breaking young ladies hearts because it only hardens them for the next time. The girls have a lot of competition out there with so many playing games that sometimes the good ones get lost in the crowd, but they do exist, so guys and gals should just keep trying until they find the right one that THEY know is for them.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is no reason to get married unless a couple loves each other... Not he loves her but she sees money... or she loves him but he sees a young girl to make him feel important.... If you (generic term) are in a relationship and you don't love the one you are with, don't lead them on but let them down gently and then walk away! And we - the outside observers - can not tell if another person loves someone or not by their appearance. One couple I know had one person ugly as hell and the other could have been a model... and they were in the most loving relationship I have ever known... Now of course, if someone is physically or mentally abusive, fools around on or any other stupid thing, yeah, then I will agree with saying that couple should not be together... Just a touch of an IMHO of mine.... :508: I'm just soooo boring sometimes!

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 4