Expatriate Loses Over P100T To Female Thief, Bar Girl?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone see a problem with what this guy was doing? CEBU, Philippines - A British national loses over P100,000 cash and valuables to a female suspect whom he had befriended inside a bar in Cebu City.Dave West, 67, of Golden Meadow Subdivision in Barangay Gabi, Cordova reported to the police that a certain Christine, 29, had stolen around P113,600 worth of cash, jewelries and other personal belongings from him while they were having a drinking session Thursday noon. West said he met and befriended with Christine while playing billiards in Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City earlier. According to West, he invited Christine last Thursday to accompany him in the grocery store. They also took their lunch together before having a drinking session.West said he got drunk and fall asleep while inside the bar. The suspect took advantage of it by stealing the victim’s gold necklace worth P86,000; Nokia 7150 cellphone worth P11,000; two rings and P75,000 cash. The security guard of the bar where the victim and the suspect were having a drinking session said that the latter asked him to keep an eye on West while she is out.According to the guard, the suspect told him that she will come back. However, the girl did not anymore show up until the victim woke up at 3 p.m.It was then that the victim discovered that his cash and other valuables have been stolen. The victim immediately reported the incident to the police.The Cebu City Police Office reminded everyone, especially foreigners, to be cautious in dealing with people even with their own friends.The police also advised foreigners not to be trusting to anyone. (Great advice)

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Dave West, age 67 -- what a douche bag! Had all his "eggs" in one basket -- how convenient!

oldutot
Posted
Posted

lmao

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

that happened to me, Pohang korea, 1981. but i was 22 and only had 15 bucks, a watch issued by supply and my dog tags (which she left)

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Dave West, age 67 -- what a douche bag! Had all his "eggs" in one basket -- how convenient!
67? Isn't there a saying, that when one gets up in years, one gets smarter and wiser? I guess the old fart missed the boat when common sense and or wisdom was being passed around! :dance: Edited by Art2ro

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Sorry but even though he was careless, I will not make fun of his misfortune. For by the grace of God go I.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Anyone see a problem with what this guy was doing?
Yes, he got drunk and fell asleep. I have a far bigger problem with what she did.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have a problem with what both did. Would you pick up a stray dog that you know is hungry and yet keep a steak in your pocket expecting the dog not to go for it? And a dog is man's best friend. It has been stated countless times not to wear flashy jewelry to advertise you are a mark. He didn't listen. She couldn't restrain herself. I have no sympathy for either.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I have a problem with what both did. Would you pick up a stray dog that you know is hungry and yet keep a steak in your pocket expecting the dog not to go for it? And a dog is man's best friend. It has been stated countless times not to wear flashy jewelry to advertise you are a mark. He didn't listen. She couldn't restrain herself. I have no sympathy for either.
Didn't listen to who/what? It's been stated countless times here and on other forums (and other places) but maybe he's not a member. Maybe he just got off the boat. Yes, he should of known better at his age to trust a stranger and to get drunk. He was careless and stupid so I guess he deserves to be ridiculed and called stupid old fart and the like. It's a lesson that can never be repeated often enough but let's not forget who the criminal is.
  • Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Didn't listen to who/what? It's been stated countless times here and on other forums (and other places) but maybe he's not a member. Maybe he just got off the boat. Yes, he should of known better at his age to trust a stranger and to get drunk. He was careless and stupid so I guess he deserves to be ridiculed and called stupid old fart and the like. It's a lesson that can never be repeated often enough but let's not forget who the criminal is.
Let those that have never been taken lay judgement on him.
  • Like 1