TV Antennas

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
if one Filipinos files a complaint about one of us, we probably would end up deported and blacklisted, so we could never enter again.
This seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, do you have any sources for this? My understanding is that, in theory, a local could file a complaint against a visitor and it's possible that the individual could be deported but I don't think it's as cut and dried as you imply.
There were some threads about this in the past, I will try to dig them up for you. As I remember, the term they charge foreigners with is Unjust Vexation, which is a vague term but it has been used and people have been deported because of it, according to news stories, but we all know how they lie. Here is one thread I found that touches on it. ADD, I started a new thread HERE so we can try to discuss this topic. Edited by Kuya Lee
add content
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

About the antennae. Living outside the city I have helped a family member to get a tall antennae mast with a 'booster' attached to it somehow. The antennae will cost you about 1,000 pesos and the booster is about 600. Almost any store can sell you the antennae but the booster can be a bugger to find. I eventually found one in a small electronic store across from Jolibee at Highway, Mandaue. Any of the local lads can install it for you cheap. The reception is as good as you are going to get and, quite honestly, it is not all that great. Hope that helps.

Condor
Posted
Posted

OK so I found my TV antenna at the mall here in Minglanilla and just hooking it up to the tv in the living room gets enough signal to get a little color, but it's an outdoor dipole and needs a pole mounted on the roof. In my younger years I could easily climb up there and do it myself, but at almost 71 years old, I'm not so sure... plus I haven't bought any tools yet... anybody know anyone who does installations at a reasonable rate? It's not really that big of an installation, but I have no ladder and no drill and etc... any leads, phone numbers, etc would be greatly appreciated.