Methamphetamine Shabu

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The past five years we have noticed this become a problem in the area our family lives. The past two years Meth has grown into a very common issue. Have other forum members seen the growth of this problem in their area too?How do Filipinos afford the junk!? From the internet;A single "pingi" or 0.1 gm costs P100. One mongo-sized "gram" costs P1,000-2,000.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The past five years we have noticed this become a problem in the area our family lives. The past two years Meth has grown into a very common issue. Have other forum members seen the growth of this problem in their area too?How do Filipinos afford the junk!?From the internet;A single "pingi" or 0.1 gm costs P100. One mongo-sized "gram" costs P1,000-2,000.
I really know little of this but where the money comes from is the same world wide.crime, prostitution and any means available to support a habit. :attention:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The past five years we have noticed this become a problem in the area our family lives. The past two years Meth has grown into a very common issue. Have other forum members seen the growth of this problem in their area too?How do Filipinos afford the junk!?From the internet;A single "pingi" or 0.1 gm costs P100. One mongo-sized "gram" costs P1,000-2,000.
As Tom said above, prostitution, maybe beggars, maybe OFW sending money home, maybe like in the US where the person who sells the drugs does so to support their own habit, muggings, and on and on with all illegal activities since people on drugs usually do not function well working regular jobs. Drugs are a terrible thing, and especially so in a poor society where people might have to steal or kill to get the money to pay for them.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Oooh yeah, methamphetamine hydrochloride was labelled as the poor man's cocaine. The street name, among others was "bato" (rock) and of course "shabu". In Caviteand Bacoor, just south of Manila along the coast, it became a very serious problem.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Nah! We don't have any problems concerning drugs! We live in a nice up scale neighborhood, but what anyone does behind closed doors is their business!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Nah! We don't have any problems concerning drugs! We live in a nice up scale neighborhood, but what anyone does behind closed doors is their business!
Head in the sand does not solve or hide the problem,we can have very high walls but once you set foot out side to perhaps do something simple like go to SM; life could change as not everyone lives in a high wall but those in a desperate drug induced problem may need to or will kill and rob to support a habit no matter what a rosy life you may live.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Head in the sand does not solve or hide the problem,we can have very high walls but once you set foot out side to perhaps do something simple like go to SM; life could change as not everyone lives in a high wall but those in a desperate drug induced problem may need to or will kill and rob to support a habit no matter what a rosy life you may live.
Boss Man, It's not about having one's head in the sand! Anyways, you nor I can't do anything about it, but our way sure does solve part of the problem by our living far enough away from the worst parts of the country or city where drugs and crime are rampant! We have no problems going to our nearby SM mall on a weekly basis! And yes, we do live a rosy life, because "life is what we all make it to be"! Anything wrong with that? Don't knock people for deciding to live in a nice, clean, safe and quiet environment and with a low crime rate or far from the drug infested areas! So no, it's not a concern of ours where we live, because it took us 12 long years to get where we are at today and we are "Happy Campers" even though we live in a 3rd world country! Those desperate drug induced addicts you mentioned don't live around our neighborhood, they are somewhere else killing and robbing people for their drug money to support their habits! It's all about knowing and being aware of your surroundings and know where not to go or live! That goes true for any country where one decides to go or live and it's just not isolated in one country, because drugs and crime is world wide! So, we're fortunate that we live in an area that we are happy with and feel safe as safe as one could be in a nice, clean and safe developed community! Edited by Art2ro

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

The philippines does not have a meth. drug problem. you can get anything you want, no problem. that being said, the problem is the stupid dumb arsses the buy and use the chet. :unsure: jitterbug them with TANKS ej. :unsure:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not so long ago the area around my folks place was very safe and quiet. Unfortunately this drug problem is sweeping the once nice quiet area changing it into an area my family is unwilling to live in.The house is for sale but they plan to keep the rentals, boarding house and store. I wish they would just sell everything and move to a secure fenced housing community on the hill overlooking Talisay.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Boss Man, It's not about having one's head in the sand! Anyways, you nor I can't do anything about it, but our way sure does solve part of the problem by our living far enough away from the worst parts of the country or city where drugs and crime are rampant! We have no problems going to our nearby SM mall on a weekly basis! And yes, we do live a rosy life, because "life is what we all make it to be"! Anything wrong with that? Don't knock people for deciding to live in a nice, clean, safe and quiet environment and with a low crime rate or far from the drug infested areas! So no, it's not a concern of ours where we live, because it took us 12 long years to get where we are at today and we are "Happy Campers" even though we live in a 3rd world country! Those desperate drug induced addicts you mentioned don't live around our neighborhood, they are somewhere else killing and robbing people for their drug money to support their habits! It's all about knowing and being aware of your surroundings and know where not to go or live! That goes true for any country where one decides to go or live and it's just not isolated in one country, because drugs and crime is world wide! So, we're fortunate that we live in an area that we are happy with and feel safe as safe as one could be in a nice, clean and safe developed community!
I guess I did not get my point across or was able to explain what I was thinking again, forget it. :unsure: